• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want the Broncos to Select as Head Coach?

Who is Your Favorite Candidate to be Head Coach?

• Total voters

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today we will have interviewed 7 of the 10 current candidates. So let's see if there is any consensus here on a favorite.

This poll is who you you would select - NOT who you think the Broncos will select.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but Quinn. Not super thrilled at the offensive coaches that have HOF QBs. The Packers coaches and Bienemy are near the bottom of my list for that reason, but I wouldn’t dislike it if we hired them.

Just wary of the guys that have that HOF QB doing the heavy lifting on their resumes. Not to say that they’ll be bad apart from that HOF QB, just have to be cautious of them being the next Josh McDaniels or Adam Gase. End up with a huge ego just because they work with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning…

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@megalodon30 - would it help knowing that Hackett was the offensive coordinator at Jax when that Bortles led team got to the AFC championship?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@megalodon30 - would it help knowing that Hackett was the offensive coordinator at Jax when that Bortles led team got to the AFC championship?

That’s what makes me okay with Hackett. He has a decent track record apart from being OC to a HOF QB.

Then again, Gase had “QB coach of Tim Tebow in 2011” on his resume, besides being Peyton’s OC, that may have left an impression on some of the NFL when he was the hot candidate…

The “I have a HOF QB executing my offense” resume leaves me a bit more skeptical than what’s fair, and I freely admit that. But like I said, I’d still be okay with Hackett at HC. Sounds like he has a good, positive energy that really resonates with his players. That could translate well if given the head coach position.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about some of the younger OC we are interviewing is that they would go from not even calling plays to being HC AND calling plays on offense. That is a lot to take on. You would almost need to pair them with some more experienced coaches to help take the burden.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't cast my vote yet. When is the deadline? ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo George secretly met with him after Quinn

Give me Hackett/Callahan/O'Connell

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my mail-in ballot is being held up right now but McCarthy might be available, Moore will probably get the Cowboy job.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasoning for Brian Callahan is that he has been the QB coach for Derek Carr - Stafford and Joe Barrow. That's a lot of success, plus he understands - from previous coaching the fan base and the Denver Bronco traditions. If QBs drive success in the NFL - then you need a successful QB guru on the coaching staff.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasoning for Brian Callahan is that he has been the QB coach for Derek Carr - Stafford and Joe Barrow. That's a lot of success, plus he understands - from previous coaching the fan base and the Denver Bronco traditions. If QBs drive success in the NFL - then you need a successful QB guru on the coaching staff.

Callahan would be another one of those "Nobody's favorite" but possibly the right choice kind of hire. I think he and O'Connell won't get the fanbase roaring but they could be the right guy.

Granted it 2/3 of those QB's could probably have been developed by @LGM

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but Quinn. Not super thrilled at the offensive coaches that have HOF QBs. The Packers coaches and Bienemy are near the bottom of my list for that reason, but I wouldn’t dislike it if we hired them.

Just wary of the guys that have that HOF QB doing the heavy lifting on their resumes. Not to say that they’ll be bad apart from that HOF QB, just have to be cautious of them being the next Josh McDaniels or Adam Gase. End up with a huge ego just because they work with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning…
Hackett worked with Bortles and got the Jags to the superbowl. I'd say that more than offsets his work with Rodgers.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan would be another one of those "Nobody's favorite" but possibly the right choice kind of hire. I think he and O'Connell won't get the fanbase roaring but they could be the right guy.

Granted it 2/3 of those QB's could probably have been developed by @LGM
@LGM??? Hey Shirley - you are jesting again,

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett worked with Bortles and got the Jags to the superbowl. I'd say that more than offsets his work with Rodgers.
I think what you meant to say - got the Jags to the AFC Championship.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't necessarily be down on Quinn as the guy but that would depend greatly on the coordinators that he would bring in. Although Quinn left Atlanta on a sour note, he did get that team to a Super Bowl in a short time span. He also had a lot of success in Seattle and Dallas. His best year was when he had a great O coordinator (Shanahan) and he would need to repeat that formula in Denver.

My top choice is Hackett. It feels like we'd be getting an experienced guy with a pretty good track record as an OC and keeps a focus on the offensive side of the ball. In our head coach, we need someone that can manage the overall enterprise while relying on super innovative and creative coordiantors. I would like to see the Broncos get more aggressive in their style. Missing the days of the Mastermind, the zone blocking line and the creativity. During the good years, Mike Shanahan would step on the throats of our opponent and could be ruthless at times. I miss that.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw a chart somewhere that I can't find now that was wins over expected for head coaches and Dan Quinn was the bottom of the list for the past ten years. After seeing the undisciplined cowgirls defense get run over knowing it was coming I just don't get the hype. Yes that D was better this year, but failed in big moments. The Broncos crushed that D and we are a bad offense. Please pass.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question - does anybody think Paton wouldn't want to hire a personality that would blot him out? I don't know the answer to that question but hiring Hackett would allow him to work quietly in the background. It will be an interesting tell on Paton how he picks between a Callahan or a Hackett.