• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which CFP team's state makes the best BBQ?

Which CFP team's state makes the best BBQ?

• Oklahoma

• South Carolina

• Georgia

• Alabama

• Potato Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easterners are big on pork & chicken.

Out west, beef rules the day.

991-music_meadows_moving_cattle.jpg

People in the east love beef too, we just tend to cook it hot and fast.

If you don't count bacon and sausage, I eat more beef than pork.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's the smart one. Vinegar slaw on a pulled pork sandwich is the way to go. Baked beans with bacon, onions, brown sugar and barbecue sauce.

The meat alone is enough for me, especially day1. Can't get enough of the stuff.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever smoke any breakfast sausage?

No, I was thinking about some kind of sausage to smoke when I do my pork butts, that I could eat for lunch or something. But I always forget to research it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was thinking about some kind of sausage to smoke when I do my pork butts, that I could eat for lunch or something. But I always forget to research it.

Breakfast sausage is easy and goes really good with some beer while you're finishing up the stuff that takes longer.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Alabama, yet lived in Texas for over 10 years, I prefer pork. A well smoked Boston butt doesn't really need a sauce. But if I do use some, it's sparingly. Here's a recipe for Big Bob Gibson's sauce.

1 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
2 slices lemon

Mix thoroughly!

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't relate to South Carolina, but a couple years ago, while working near Charlotte, NC, I ordered a pulled pork sandwich at 2 different restaurants. In both cases, it seemed like the meat was soaking in the sauce, as it came out so soggy the bun was almost falling apart.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Alabama, yet lived in Texas for over 10 years, I prefer pork. A well smoked Boston butt doesn't really need a sauce. But if I do use some, it's sparingly. Here's a recipe for Big Bob Gibson's sauce.

1 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
2 slices lemon

Mix thoroughly!

Did you just make that up?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is none.

Texas, Kansas City, or GTFO.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phat Jack's in lincoln is better than the original Oklahoma Joe's in KC, but not as good as Franklin BBQ in Austin.

Franklin BBQ is the holy grail.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like mine. I have a decent sized smoker. Propane feed is fucked up but I don't like to use it anyway. I use it every Easter and on other occasions as needed.

Start the night before by soaking the pecan and mesquite wood overnight.

Beef brisket, two racks of pork ribs, one whole chicken and a round of bologna are typically always done if I fire it up. Occasionally I'll do some turkey legs or salmon.

I marinate the brisket overnight in:
dark beer
1 qt Head Country bbq
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Hatch chile juice
a wee bit of liquid smoke

Rub with:
brown sugar/paprika heavy
coarse sea salt
white pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin

Get fire up by 5 a.m. Keep brisket (fat on the top) as far away from the fire as possible. I'll spray it every 15 mintues or so with diluted apple juice/canola oil. When it hits 180 (around 4-5 hours) I'll take it out and wrap it. When it hits 195 for 15 minutes it comes out. We typically eat it around 1:30 to 2:00. Friends and family say I should do it for a job but it's too much fucking work and I'm usually half-drunk by the time it's ready to eat. 6 months of doing it for a living would kill me.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't relate to South Carolina, but a couple years ago, while working near Charlotte, NC, I ordered a pulled pork sandwich at 2 different restaurants. In both cases, it seemed like the meat was soaking in the sauce, as it came out so soggy the bun was almost falling apart.

Those fellers were using the sauce as a crutch for a shitty product.

The real stuff doesn't require sauce at all, and if you must, you use it sparingly. On a sandwich? Sure. Especially w/ pulled pork.

But if your brisket and ribs are the real deal, you don't even want sauce. Don't get me started on burnt ends.

You don't slap a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know shit about real BBQ, friend.

Texas by far best Q.

I travel all around this nation, and folks try to lay down Q, but there is nothing better than Texas Q.

Nothing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know shit about real BBQ, friend.

Anyone who has as strong an opinion as you do about a specific area is going based on what's popular/hip to say, not experience.

Don't like a style? That's cool, I don't like Carolina style - I think the sauce is nasty. But to say it's not "real BBQ" is just bullshit. I may not be an expert on BBQ, but anyone I know with experience will simply talk about what they like and dislike about different styles.

You're no different than In-N-Out fags.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has as strong an opinion as you do about a specific area is going based on what's popular/hip to say, not experience.

Don't like a style? That's cool, I don't like Carolina style - I think the sauce is nasty. But to say it's not "real BBQ" is just bullshit. I may not be an expert on BBQ, but anyone I know with experience will simply talk about what they like and dislike about different styles.

You're no different than In-N-Out fags.
I went to the In-N-Out at Ventura Beach on my way to Lompoc.

MEH.

I really don't get what makes them so special? I could take you to 20 burger stands within 20 minutes of my house that blows that shit ayywayyyy.

Now, for a chain burger joint....they're pretty good. But in the grand scheme of Burgerdom? Meh.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the In-N-Out at Ventura Beach on my way to Lompoc.

MEH.

I really don't get what makes them so special? I could take you to 20 burger stands within 20 minutes of my house that blows that shit ayywayyyy.

Now, for a chain burger joint....they're pretty good. But in the grand scheme of Burgerdom? Meh.....

Them California folks go crazy simply because it's "fresh food that's never frozen". That's all I heard before I ever tried it, how it's fresh and so it's better. All other fast food is junk that's bad for you, but In-N-Out isn't.

They annoy me because they act like In-N-Out is the "holy grail" of fast food. But really, it's an average burger and the fries suck ass. They cut the potatoes fresh and put them straight in the fryer, which is about the worst way possible to cook french fries.