• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caught it very cleanly. He put it away. He hit the ground and dropped it.

Football 101 is catching the ball. Football 101 is not flying through the air, while spinning, catching the ball with a guy landing on you. I seriously don't believe you ever played football.

did not catch it cleanly. He did have control and never put his 2nd arm and hand on the ball to secure it. that is football 101 while you are in the end zone. That is why Shark called him a pussy b/c he used his other arm to brace his fall which is bullshit in that situation. You sacrifice your body to make the catch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to reconcile this with this

On the one hand you are saying well Cousins played OK, but it wasnt good enough. On the other you are saying, well we should give Doctson more time.

While I agree Doctson shouldnt be benched. Fact is, had he kept two hands on the ball, he likely makes the catch and we likely win. Flip side, Kirk did everything people have been saying he is not capable of. He took the team on his back, when the run game vanished and the defense was getting shaky. He put the team in a position to win the game.. but and I quote you here... it simply wasnt good enough.
At the end of the game, it simply wasn't good enough now was it shark? I said Cousins played well and he did. I expect in certain situations for Cousins, our captain and leader to have to put the team on his back and lead the charge down the field. Other greats do it and I want and expect Cousins to be great as well, I want him to be great. Doctson simply didn't finish the catch but does that mean we should sit him in order to teach him a lesson? That would be idiotic and serve no purpose to the team or Doctson as he should play and get more touches as he clearly has the ability to produce at this level in a big time way. If you can't see that then I can't help you.

HTTR!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not catch it cleanly. He did have control and never put his 2nd arm and hand on the ball to secure it. that is football 101 while you are in the end zone. That is why Shark called him a pussy b/c he used his other arm to brace his fall which is bullshit in that situation. You sacrifice your body to make the catch.

Maybe you should look at Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant who have failed at similar plays.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caught it very cleanly. He put it away. He hit the ground and dropped it.

Football 101 is catching the ball. Football 101 is not flying through the air, while spinning, catching the ball with a guy landing on you. I seriously don't believe you ever played football.
Only a few guys in the world make that catch and while Doctson went up high (the defender had no chance because of Doctson's ability to get so high) to secure the catch at its highest point, he came down with the football secured at this point and lost control once he hit the ground, then forcing an incomplete pass.

HTTR!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not berating KC at all. He played well. Gruden wanted the TD after the timeout. KC is just doing what Gruden wanted. Im just questioning with the time left was that the right call going for the TD instead of the first down. Even with the first down we still had time for a TD with leaving the Chiefs with no time to comeback. You never heard of scoring too early could beat you? Even if Doctson scored the game was still in doubt. Docston should be called out b/c he did make the catch but never protected the ball. He chose to brace himself for the ground vs protecting the ball. that is why Shark is calling him a sissy or whatever. Shark is correct. That is bush-league.
I heard this debate yesterday with Portis & Cooley. Look, I have coached FB for a long time and since it was Gruden's decision to go for the jugular with over a minute to play, and I have no problem with that. You cannot guarantee a score if you let the clock run down further. This is the NFL man, guys compete, FG's are not a guarantee as we saw and anything is possible. Score there as they did and play defense. Yes, play defense with your tired and depleted team because you have too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a few guys in the world make that catch and while Doctson went up high (the defender had no chance because of Doctson's ability to get so high) to secure the catch at its highest point, he came down with the football secured at this point and lost control once he hit the ground, then forcing an incomplete pass.

HTTR!

he did not secure the ball while he was coming down. He used his other free hand to brace his fall. That is the whole point. That is why Shark and I are calling him a pussy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this debate yesterday with Portis & Cooley. Look, I have coached FB for a long time and since it was Gruden's decision to go for the jugular with over a minute to play, and I have no problem with that. You cannot guarantee a score if you let the clock run down further. This is the NFL man, guys compete, FG's are not a guarantee as we saw and anything is possible. Score there as they did and play defense. Yes, play defense with your tired and depleted team because you have too.

So you don't factor in your timeouts in that situation? You have to look at it like what if we don't pick up the 3rd down. You don't want to leave too much time on the clock like we did. Clock mgt, timeouts, and play calling matter in that situation. To dismiss that is crazy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the game, it simply wasn't good enough now was it shark? I said Cousins played well and he did. I expect in certain situations for Cousins, our captain and leader to have to put the team on his back and lead the charge down the field. Other greats do it and I want and expect Cousins to be great as well, I want him to be great. Doctson simply didn't finish the catch but does that mean we should sit him in order to teach him a lesson? That would be idiotic and serve no purpose to the team or Doctson as he should play and get more touches as he clearly has the ability to produce at this level in a big time way. If you can't see that then I can't help you.

HTTR!

Point one, Kirk did take the team on his shoulders and put us in a position to win. Doctson just couldnt hold onto it.

Point two. As I have explained to another poster, no this does not men you bench Doctson. But of the two, who do you place more trust into?? Kirk who hasnt missed a practice? Or Doctson who is a weekly member of the injury report. For me, I have very little faith in players who show a tendency to have nagging injuries that they cant play o even practice through. And if you dont think that failure to complete the catch will play into Cousins mind the next time we arein that situation, I dont know what to tell you. MAtt Jones is no longer here for one reason and one reason only... he lost the coaches trust when it came to ball security.

So you can have all the trust in the world in Doctson and tout the line of how he is going to be an awesome play maker for us eventually. But as the old saying goes, you cant help the club from the tub. And Doctson spends alot of time in the tub.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did not secure the ball while he was coming down. He used his other free hand to brace his fall. That is the whole point. That is why Shark and I are calling him a pussy

Is Dez a pussy too? Google Dez near miracle catch. He braces himself by putting his hand out of bounds.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point one, Kirk did take the team on his shoulders and put us in a position to win. Doctson just couldnt hold onto it.

Point two. As I have explained to another poster, no this does not men you bench Doctson. But of the two, who do you place more trust into?? Kirk who hasnt missed a practice? Or Doctson who is a weekly member of the injury report. For me, I have very little faith in players who show a tendency to have nagging injuries that they cant play o even practice through. And if you dont think that failure to complete the catch will play into Cousins mind the next time we arein that situation, I dont know what to tell you. MAtt Jones is no longer here for one reason and one reason only... he lost the coaches trust when it came to ball security.

So you can have all the trust in the world in Doctson and tout the line of how he is going to be an awesome play maker for us eventually. But as the old saying goes, you cant help the club from the tub. And Doctson spends alot of time in the tub.
And while I agree with most of your post, I will say this. Of coarse I trust Kirk more since he is in year 3 as a starter and has been in the NFL even longer. Doctson has 5 NFL games under his belt. In fact, 17 total plays Monday night. So asking whom should be trusted was pointless. The failed catch will have ZERO impact on whether or not Cousins goes to Doctson in the future and if you don't believe me, ask Kirk himself. I guarantee you won't like his answer shark. I'm not here to debate Doctson or Cousins. Both have the talent to make that play imo, and both will moving forward, I'm convinced.

HTTR!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to kill a guy for one play. There is too much of that around here. The week before he made a great catch on that TD pass and he made two tough catches earlier in the game. Lets see if he can stay healthy. If he does I think he will be okay at the very least.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to kill a guy for one play. There is too much of that around here. The week before he made a great catch on that TD pass and he made two tough catches earlier in the game. Lets see if he can stay healthy. If he does I think he will be okay at the very least.

I look at that play from a totally different light. Sure he dropped it but I have seen Megatron and Dez drop similar passes. What it does show is his elite athleticism. Now we need to get him on the field more and take snaps away from Gran and Pryor (if need be).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dez a pussy too? Google Dez near miracle catch. He braces himself by putting his hand out of bounds.

Josh Norman would say yes, but your point is well taken.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at that play from a totally different light. Sure he dropped it but I have seen Megatron and Dez drop similar passes. What it does show is his elite athleticism. Now we need to get him on the field more and take snaps away from Gran and Pryor (if need be).

I tell ya what. I can see why Gruden trusts Grant more. Pryor and Doctson very inconsistent. Great athletic ability but with the game on the line or a 3rd down play I can see why Gruden still has doubts.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya what. I can see why Gruden trusts Grant more. Pryor and Doctson very inconsistent. Great athletic ability but with the game on the line or a 3rd down play I can see why Gruden still has doubts.

The problem is Grant doesn't get open.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wont rag on MKD for one play but if he made that catch i would do away with his MKD moniker . he gets the tag because of his inability to stay healthy and i have called him this for a long long time

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...that is once in How many snaps? Pryor beat Peters too. I think Peters knees were hurting from all the knees he takes during the anthem.

Chiefs' Reid denounces Peters' profanity directed at fans

Wow didn't realize that Peters was such a POS & it goes well beyond sitting for the Anthem. Sounds like Reid may be just about done with him. If/when the Chiefs get rid of please, please nobody here post that the Redskins should pick up this a hole.