• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there hope the Redskins return

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this High School can get their name back, maybe the Redskins can too.

Natives are fucking cool. I don't care if they burned down european settlements and stole their women. I still want to honor their existence and ways.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don,t see it happening.hopefully we get a new name,but it,s very doubtful to be redskins.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris would get crushed in the media. Just give me the 80s uniforms, or the throwbacks with the spear and I'm good.

Warriors
Redhawks
Warhawks
Redhogs
Redwolves (not for me, but everyone else likes it)

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, Washington caved and picked something retarded.....live with it

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be hope. I sent Josh Harris a message on face book and he actually responded with the following:
Currently, we can't change the name back to its original one because the National Congress of American Indians has requested the removal of all references to "Indians" from sports teams. However, we are considering and taking legal procedures pertaining to our previous name. Our main focus right now is on rebuilding the team's internal structure and our relationship with the community.

We can't do that now but we're taking legal procedures to see if we can get the name back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be hope. I sent Josh Harris a message on face book and he actually responded with the following:
Currently, we can't change the name back to its original one because the National Congress of American Indians has requested the removal of all references to "Indians" from sports teams. However, we are considering and taking legal procedures pertaining to our previous name. Our main focus right now is on rebuilding the team's internal structure and our relationship with the community.

We can't do that now but we're taking legal procedures to see if we can get the name back.
Great that he answered. You

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he does have other options to choose from, they are...
1. Whiteskins
2. Blackskins
3. Redskins
4. Yellowskins
At some point the futility of holding on to hope of a return to something as obviously flawed as the prior name has to sink in, despite what people want to tell themselves about it.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking that responded. He also asked if we had met? So, I don't think he has had many fans reach out to him directly ever.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the real history of the name . We know the group of people who are supposedly offended by the name overwhelmingly support the name .

You can call me white skin and I am not jumping off a damn bridge . I am not going to be paralyzed from reaching my potential because of a football team name or a school mascot .

That being said I can come to a compromise that works for all even the commander name dorks

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the real history of the name . We know the group of people who are supposedly offended by the name overwhelmingly support the name .

You can call me white skin and I am not jumping off a damn bridge . I am not going to be paralyzed from reaching my potential because of a football team name or a school mascot .

That being said I can come to a compromise that works for all even the commander name dorks
Yeah we do know that effed up "real" history and contrary to the opinion of the few the majority of us object to that name and always have.
Race and its poisonous tentacles are the third rail and biggest barrier towards progress in this country. We must rid ourselves of it and all memories of the same by distancing from language that divides, regardless of spin in one direction or the other. Wrong is wrong and right is right, despite what you feel or don't feel about usage, that list clearly tells us how use of any of them is counterproductive towards creating a more perfect union and less divisive future for those who post-cede us.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we do know that effed up "real" history and contrary to the opinion of the few the majority of us object to that name and always have.
Race and its poisonous tentacles are the third rail and biggest barrier towards progress in this country. We must rid ourselves of it and all memories of the same by distancing from language that divides, regardless of spin in one direction or the other. Wrong is wrong and right is right, despite what you feel or don't feel about usage, that list clearly tells us how use of any of them is counterproductive towards creating a more perfect union and less divisive future for those who post-cede us.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree on this one
Yep! Hopefully, we agree to disagree only on the first part of my post. (History and who objects to it)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking that responded. He also asked if we had met? So, I don't think he has had many fans reach out to him directly ever.
He has responded to me as well, several weeks ago. Actually on this issue and another where I mentioned how happy I was with his ownership and the hiring of Peters. :D

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don,t see redskins returning,but warriors i can live with unlike the current name disaster.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely live with Warriors. It honors military and Native Americans both.