• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eKjVkpN.jpg

kb78jU8.png

acYeJm3.png

zbEFKEV.png

zftPPck.png

DK0R33oXcAEu8Ov.jpg

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date and through the Chiefs game, the Skins must have the toughest 4 week schedule, no?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chiefs will be tough , hunt can burn us , kelce can bust up a huge weakness in us covering TEs and hill can explode for big plays , plus its at arrowhead

really really big test here

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Arrowhead is a big deal. Tough place to play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very interesting in my opinion. I think we match up great on the outside with their wide outs. I expect a lot of eight man fronts. The thing that scares me the most is Kelce and Hunt (my fantasy stud that I hope lays a healthy goose egg). TEs are a scary thing for our defense so I question if we can match up with a RB out of the backfield.

That is also going to be a weakness for KC without Berry. With Reed and Davis and Thompson out of the backfield, that is a tough matchup for them.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chiefs will be tough , hunt can burn us , kelce can bust up a huge weakness in us covering TEs and hill can explode for big plays , plus its at arrowhead

really really big test here

Let's not forget Tyreek Hill, Houston and Logan on Def. They have an excellent pass rush. Moses will have problems here. Yeap this is a very difficult task. We also do a poor job against TE's also. If we can play like we did last night and keep Hunt in check, I feel we have chance but that easy said than done. The Eagles and Chargers did keep Hunt in check for awhile but he eventually in the 4th quarter he broke loose. This guy is powerful. Skinsdad wasn't it you who like Hunt after 2017 Senior bowl.

We will have our hands full with the Chiefs

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind seeing something like this at all...:hope:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this weeks crew

iBjwAls.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: When Jeffrey Lurie first had dinner with Andy Reid, Big Red ordered...three steaks. Lurie recently recounted the story, and it has been confirmed by the manager of the steakhouse.

"Basically, when the server comes up and gives their speel, they describe the different cuts of meat, flavor profiles, and textures, he described them to Andy and said, 'Would you like the ribeye, the New York strip, or the filet mignon?' And Andy said, 'Yes.' Like yes to all three. That's kind of how it got started. They put all three in front of him. He put down about 90% of them."

He estimates it's about 50 ounces of steak.

Rumor has it Del Frisco's is talking about the possibility of creating an "Andy Reid Trio" of those three steaks.

The real story of Andy Reid eating three steaks at dinner with Jeff Lurie

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice to have Jordan healthy enough to go this Monday

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid

On Redskins RB Chris Thompson and his view of the way the Redskins use him:

“Well, they have got a great coach that knows offensive football, but I’ll tell you what, when you turn on the tape, [No.] 25 jumps out at you. He is doing some really good things out of the backfield. He’s fast, quick, can catch, all of those things. He is a good player, a real good player.”

On how WR Tyreek Hill and RB Kareem Hunt have helped diversify the Chiefs’ offense and expand his play-calling:

“They’re good players. Good players make you a good play caller, right? I mean, that’s how that works, man. Those two are something else. I’m proud of them for – they are two individuals – but I am proud of both of them and how they have handled it. Kareem is just starting off here, but he has done a nice job. Then Tyreek came in a bit under the microscope and has done a nice job of making sure everything is right on the field and off the field. I am proud of him for that.”

On his impression of Redskins Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula and his stint as Head Coach in San Francisco:

“I think he is a heck of a football coach. Every situation is different. Some things are out of your hands. That’s just how things work in this league, but if you give him guys to coach, he is going to coach the heck out of them. That D-Line is playing unbelievable football right now. He is a heck of a coach.”

On what makes Tomsula a good coach:

“I think he is a good teacher and then he gets his guys to play hard and fast. He takes the complex and simplifies it for them. You see them playing their hearts out for him.”

On losing S Eric Berry and trying to replace him:

“Eric got hurt and you know you’re not going to replace Eric with an Eric Berry. I mean, he is a rarity in this league and he is at the top of his game. When he got hurt there, he was at the top of his game. So that’s not what I am asking the guys to do. I am asking them to go in and be themselves and to play. Between [Daniel] Sorensen and [Eric] Murray, they have done a nice job at that position and played good football for us. So that’s how I look at that.”

On if he has any concerns about keeping his team united:

“Not at all. We have a great locker room. This is what is great about America. We all get to do our thing. You get to write what you want to write. You get to say what you want to say as Americans here and you get to express yourself. So nobody is being hurt. That’s not what’s happening right now. It’s people expressing themselves and I have got a great locker room and I haven’t sensed any of that at all. They are as together as anybody.”

September 27, 2017

Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith

On the Chiefs’ offense and their formula for success:

“I think for us it has always been about – I think – consistency. I mean, you want to be able to… Every offense is multiple and does a lot of different things. I think you want to be consistent. You want to be able to go out and execute in all those phases and all those different things you try to do. So for us it is that. When we have been good, we’ve done that. We’ve been consistent. I think we have been taking steps forward. I think the times we have struggled, though, have been self-inflicted penalties, getting behind the chains and putting ourselves in tough situations. But like any offense, like I said, I think when you go out and execute and you’re doing consistently the things that you are trying to execute well, you are going to put yourself in a good situations and have a chance at success.”

On the Redskins’ defense and what it did against Oakland:

“Yeah, a dominant game against Oakland and really played really well, I think in the first two games. Really, really well across the board. I think these guys make you prepare for a lot. They played about every front and coverage there is. They are smart and they know what they are doing. They disguise well. They play really, really fast. They are physical. I think their front has played really, really well and set the tone for them. And then on the back end, they’re a veteran group on the back end. Everything is coordinated, you can just tell. You can tell they’re well-coached. You can tell they’re disciplined, play hard, play physical. So it will be a tough, tough challenge for us, but like I said coming off a week – especially like last week against a really good Raider offense –they just felt like they were suffocating.”

On how he goes about preparing for an unfamiliar team like the Redskins:

“Yeah, I mean, I think it’s no different than a lot of these – especially cross-conference games – that you only play once every four years. I mean, we haven’t played them in four years, you know, so you try to familiarize yourself as fast as possible. You try to watch a lot of tape and that’s kind of the name of the game on a weekly basis, but like I said, especially with these cross-conference games, you’ve got to get on it quick. Certainly the extra day helps, but like I said, they’ve got an extra day as well. But, yeah, you’ve got to watch a lot of film fast and play catch-up.”

On his familiarity with TE Vernon Davis:

“Yeah, Vernon and I played a lot of years together so he’s someone I still obviously follow and keep in touch with and am always happy for. [I’m] happy for his success and how he’s doing, happy for him obviously going back home and playing there with the success he’s had. So it’ll be fun to see him.”

On last week’s demonstrations and what to expect in coming weeks:

“I think it was an emotional weekend for a lot of guys that have a lot of pride in the NFL and the kind of fraternity and brotherhood in the NFL. I think you saw that. I’m not sure what it’ll be moving forward, I guess we’ll find out. I’m certainly in no position to try to forecast that.”

On RB Kareem Hunt:

“I mean, he’s stepped up into a big role. It hurt when Spencer Ware went down in the preseason and we had a big void there. Kareem has, obviously, in these first three weeks, really stepped up into that. And for a young back to come in and play the way he has and handled all this stuff, not just physically but mentally, certainly says a lot – not only about him as a player, but his preparation as well.”

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big issue with the Chiefs right now is that they lead the league in penalties.

Whats really sad about that is the Bears and Packers have played 1 more game than they have and its still true. -155 Net Yards after 3 games (Redskins look like they're +69)

Chiefs are also giving up the 2nd most sacks per game. This is kind of where Alex Smith's stats are deceptive. His numbers suggest he is playing out of his mind but he is also 'game managing' by eating a lot of sacks.

I don't think the Chiefs will be as vulnerable to the run as in years past. Last year's team would have me worried about the Redskins rushing attack but I think this game might not be too bad this year.

Redskins are one of the teams I have no clue on just due to what happened with the Raiders. I wouldn't be too shocked if the Redskins limited the Chiefs but I suspect this game might end up being a tale of two halves with one team looking good in one half and the other looking good in the 2nd half.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big issue with the Chiefs right now is that they lead the league in penalties.

Whats really sad about that is the Bears and Packers have played 1 more game than they have and its still true. -155 Net Yards after 3 games (Redskins look like they're +69)

Chiefs are also giving up the 2nd most sacks per game. This is kind of where Alex Smith's stats are deceptive. His numbers suggest he is playing out of his mind but he is also 'game managing' by eating a lot of sacks.

I don't think the Chiefs will be as vulnerable to the run as in years past. Last year's team would have me worried about the Redskins rushing attack but I think this game might not be too bad this year.

Redskins are one of the teams I have no clue on just due to what happened with the Raiders. I wouldn't be too shocked if the Redskins limited the Chiefs but I suspect this game might end up being a tale of two halves with one team looking good in one half and the other looking good in the 2nd half.

your team beat the pats and you can beat the snot out of us if we dont play a great game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your team beat the pats and you can beat the snot out of us if we dont play a great game
I mean, the Texans should've beaten the Pats and they have a rookie QB.

Chiefs are tough. They are arguably the most talented team in football and maybe the most physical. They've been sloppy, though. My guess is that the Chiefs have about a 60%-65% chance of winning but nothing would surprise me.