• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charley Casserly sees it differently on the Josh Doctson drop against Chiefs

Good analysis of the game from Casserly (admittedly I am not a big fan of his). He correctly puts some of the blame on others - namely Kelley, Kerrigan & yes Cousins. Does this make them bad players? Absolutely not. It just means - just like Doctson - they need to learn from this game & avoid these mistakes in the future.

Pay attn. guys. This was one game against a very good team & things like this will happen. Outside of Dean - nobody is perfect. The key is learning from your mistakes to avoid them moving fwd - we will see.

I don't see what Casserly see on that last play that went away from Jordan Reed. Reed had a single step against a DB. The DB would have caught up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what Casserly see on that last play that went away from Jordan Reed. Reed had a single step against a DB. The DB would have caught up.

You might be rt on that one, but I definitely believe that Casserly is correct in terms of the plays involving Kelley & Kerrigan. Kelly had an easy TD if he follows the blocking & Kerrigan (& others) need to be more disciplined since scrambling QBs have haunted this team in the past. I don't see whole threads devoted to either of these guys. Losses & wins fall on the team & are affected by many plays. Like I said they just need to use these as learning opportunities.

One positive from viewing this is the blocking from Sprinkle - this showed up on this play & at least one other that nt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to the article you must have that says Doctson hurt his shoulder on that or any other play in the KC game.

I don't know what racing school means or is or has to do with this subject. There was no leather or pads for Doctson to take it on.

Your link sir

Redskins' Josh Doctson: Strains shoulder Monday

As for the race school reference, my apologies. I some times talk to you guys as I do my local IRL friends who know my background and hobbies a bit more. Race School would refer to motor cycle racing school, or any advanced rider course. Part of the course is how to fall 101

Rule #1 get small and dont try and break the fall with your hands/arms because in most cases the ground will win and you will at minimum strain something at worst case break something. Get small and take it on the pads/leather.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charley Casserly sees it differently on the Josh Doctson drop against Chiefs

Good analysis of the game from Casserly (admittedly I am not a big fan of his). He correctly puts some of the blame on others - namely Kelley, Kerrigan & yes Cousins. Does this make them bad players? Absolutely not. It just means - just like Doctson - they need to learn from this game & avoid these mistakes in the future.

Pay attn. guys. This was one game against a very good team & things like this will happen. Outside of Dean - nobody is perfect. The key is learning from your mistakes to avoid them moving fwd - we will see.

Casserly is correct on all three plays .... at least to some extent. The run play was meant to go outside and Kelley decided to cut it up inside. From the point where Casserly stopped the play it looked like a walk in but you cannot predict how or how fast the Chiefs might have reacted. Although plays are designed (if it isn't zone blocking) to hit a particular hole a good RB will find the hole wherever it is. In this case Kelley found a wall.

Casserly is correct that the safety got over late so Reed was one on one and had a step. In the NFL that is wide open. Of course the throw has to be placed perfectly for that to work. I have no problem with Cousin's decision. He has been told to give those receivers a chance on jump balls. He said that after the Doctson TD a week ago. Gruden said it too. Dox just didn't hold on.

Casserly is correct about Kerrigan. You cannot give up the outside to a QB like Smith. Bad play by Kerrigan. I commented earlier in the game when Anderson did the same thing. You have to honor your responsibility. Casserly was also correct that the DBs left their coverage too soon. Smith would have had room to run but maybe not for 30+ yards. You have to wait until the QB passes the LOS before pursuing him or you leave someone open for a big play like that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean .... hearing he is right :wank:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean .... hearing he is right :wank:

Dean hearing he is right from both me AND Skinsdad on the same topic

a6747baa30ae0dc2817a9e450c4a56df--chewing-gum-art-students.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

me admitting dean was .........

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or other meaningless stats like Joe Mixon: 17 carries for 29 yards and a 1.7 yards per carry average. :D

Thus far this year....(Remember I said let's wait until this year) It's still early, but...

Joe Mixon.....

2018 REGULAR SEASON:

STATS..... ATT...YDS.. AVG...LNG...TD... REC... YDS... AVG... LNG... TD... FUM... LST

Gm#2 21 84 4.0 21 0 1 3 3.0 3 0 0 0

Gm#1 17 95 5.6 27 1 5 54 10.8 21 0 0 0

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez copy and paste sucks at times.

Joe Mixon.....

2018 REGULAR SEASON:

STATS..... ATT...YDS.. AVG...LNG...TD... REC... YDS... AVG... LNG... TD... FUM... LST

Gm #1......17.... 95..... 5.6 ..... 27 ... 1 ….. 5 …….. 54 …. 10.8 …. 21 …… 0 ….… 0 ………. 0

Gm#2...….21 …. 84 ….. 4.0 …... 21 …. 0 ….. 1 ……... 3 ….. 3.0 …... 3 …... 0 ……. 0 ………. 0

This is behind the Bengals offensive line, they've admittedly gotten better, but those numbers behind our line would be eye popping beyond their current status.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, good start for Mixon. I am not shocked.