• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 16 - Seahawks vs Chiefs 10AM PST

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see I didn't miss much today. Kind of figured they'd lose to KC but my God did Pete even try to put together a gameplan during the week. I'm back on board drafting a QB with the first pick. Nice season and story but Geno won't get us to the SB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see I didn't miss much today. Kind of figured they'd lose to KC but my God did Pete even try to put together a gameplan during the week. I'm back on board drafting a QB with the first pick. Nice season and story but Geno won't get us to the SB.

In fairness to Geno, the entire offense is pretty broken right now. We are starting WRs we picked up off the street. Our rookie tackles are hitting a wall. And our rookie RB still has a lot to learn.

Geno has been pretty solid this year. But he's a caretaker QB. He won't elevate a team on his own. Bryce Young is probably going to be off the board and I don't want him anyway. Stroud seems to lost a lot of luster with scouts. The other QBs all have question marks. I'm fine with taking one with our pick, but we MUST go DL with that top pick.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Geno, the entire offense is pretty broken right now. We are starting WRs we picked up off the street. Our rookie tackles are hitting a wall. And our rookie RB still has a lot to learn.

Geno has been pretty solid this year. But he's a caretaker QB. He won't elevate a team on his own. Bryce Young is probably going to be off the board and I don't want him anyway. Stroud seems to lost a lot of luster with scouts. The other QBs all have question marks. I'm fine with taking one with our pick, but we MUST go DL with that top pick.
I agree Geno's having a good season but we need someone who has that "it" factor that can get us back to the SB and geno isn't that guy nor the money he's going to be asking for and I don't want him tagged. I'm also not opposed to taking DL with the top pick but whatever QB we pass on better not comeback to haunt us.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Stroud will either be a massive hit or a massive miss. He's phenomenal when the plays go right, but when things break down he struggles. Also his supporting cast is about as good as it can get. He's not going to have that type of competitive advantage in the NFL where the talent margin between players is substantially thinner than in college football.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Geno's having a good season but we need someone who has that "it" factor that can get us back to the SB and geno isn't that guy nor the money he's going to be asking for and I don't want him tagged. I'm also not opposed to taking DL with the top pick but whatever QB we pass on better not comeback to haunt us.

You can't worry about whether you don't draft the right player.

If JS/PC really believes in one of these QBs, I'm ok with drafting him. But I have to think that both of them are going to be focused on drafting a true defensive disruptor. Maybe 2.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel for Geno. The offensive line played like absolute dog shit today just as they did against the 49ers. Also nobody seemingly could get open or even catch the damn ball.

At this point I don't see him as the problem. I think we are all spoiled by how great Russ was in his prime and assume that's the standard. As someone who completely wrote Geno off, I still think overall he has played like a top-10 QB this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If JS/PC really believes in one of these QBs, I'm ok with drafting him. But I have to think that both of them are going to be focused on drafting a true defensive disruptor. Maybe 2.
My ideal first four draft picks would be Jalen Carter, Trenton Simpson, Siaki Ika and an interior offensive lineman. Blythe is not an NFL starter, Gabe Jackson has played like shit and Phil Haynes is not the answer.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If QB wasn't in play then I wouldn't worry on drafting the right player but considering this is the most difficult spot to fill, you do have to worry about passing on a potential QoF.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If QB wasn't in play then I wouldn't worry on drafting the right player but considering this is the most difficult spot to fill, you do have to worry about passing on a potential QoF.

It doesn't matter how good your QB is if your defense is hot garbage.

Reactions: MrS

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal first four draft picks would be Jalen Carter, Trenton Simpson, Siaki Ika and an interior offensive lineman. Blythe is not an NFL starter, Gabe Jackson has played like shit and Phil Haynes is not the answer.

I don't want to touch Carter UNLESS we do in-depth interview during the combine and fill in the Question marks Snuggy posted about

Teams Have Makeup Concerns with Jalen Carter​

Updated Dec. 15, 2022
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Since the start of the 2023 NFL Draft process, Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter has been one of the consensus top prospects. Scouts and other evaluators have called Carter a better prospect than former teammates Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt, both first-round picks last April. Carter has had a fine junior season while dealing with some injuries, and he closed out the regular season with some impressive performances. Carter looks destined to be a top-10 pick next April in the 2023 NFL Draft, but pro team sources also note they have some makeup concerns with Carter.

Team sources told WalterFootball.com that scouts have heard that Carter is not a hard worker at Georgia and they do not believe that he loves football. It is not uncommon for prospects who are supremely talented to not be seen as hard workers. They are so physically gifted that things have come easy, and they have not had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. However, that changes in the NFL, where teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, so that could rub some NFL teams that are picking high in the first round the wrong way.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't need to have that "it" factor, what you need is someone that can take care of the ball, a competent game manager like Wilson was his first 2 years. Take away that INT and this would have been a different game. Defense played well enough ( Not great ) the offense out gained KC's offense but they were 2 of 14 or something on 3rd downs and i count those failed 4th downs ( two of them could have been FG's ) as turnovers. Take away that INT and turn 2 of those 4th downs that failed ( they were in FG range) for FG and could have been at 16-17. Geno though needs to stop staring down his own players after HE makes a bad decision or throw.

They need to use Dissly more also because he is a weapon he showed it in the past. He is not fast but slippery and gets open with good Yac most of the time. Taylor shouldn't be chasing RB and or WR EVER thats just bad play design and not knowing the strengths of your players. Geno's head has swollen and it's getting in his way, he has 7 turn over in the last 5 games.

This is what I expected from Geno, competent and lack luster play flip flopping between the two. As much as they like to talk about Locks turnover issue Geno's is actually worse. I say you Start Lock the last couple games as Geno is most likely walking.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to have that "it" factor, what you need is someone that can take care of the ball, a competent game manager like Wilson was his first 2 years. Take away that INT and this would have been a different game. Defense played well enough ( Not great ) the offense out gained KC's offense but they were 2 of 14 or something on 3rd downs and i count those failed 4th downs ( two of them could have been FG's ) as turnovers. Take away that INT and turn 2 of those 4th downs that failed ( they were in FG range) for FG and could have been at 16-17. Geno though needs to stop staring down his own players after HE makes a bad decision or throw.

They need to use Dissly more also because he is a weapon he showed it in the past. He is not fast but slippery and gets open with good Yac most of the time. Taylor shouldn't be chasing RB and or WR EVER thats just bad play design and not knowing the strengths of your players. Geno's head has swollen and it's getting in his way, he has 7 turn over in the last 5 games.

This is what I expected from Geno, competent and lack luster play flip flopping between the two. As much as they like to talk about Locks turnover issue Geno's is actually worse. I say you Start Lock the last couple games as Geno is most likely walking.

I think Geno showed he could be a good QB in the right situation. But missing most of your receiving corps and your OL playing like ass is not the right situation. That makes him press and try to do too much which causes mistakes.

I think Lucas and Cross have hit the rookie wall. The interior line has been average to mediocre all season but really struggling now. I can't recall a single hole they created for K9 all game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can have that "it" factor while taking care of the ball and yesterdays game would be a good example if we had that type of QB.

Pete's game planning has been awful. Dissly doesn't get used and Noah Fant has been meh. I get he wants them in for run blocking but my God use them in passing game to get things opened up.

Geno was a good story starting the year on fire and good for him getting that pro bowl nod but we all knew that was unsustainable. Starting Lock or Geno at this point doesn't really matter to me as Seattle probably loses the next 2.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-3 rams. Still very early but looking really good

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising to see how hard Rams jumped the Bronco's. RW with 2 interceptions so far. Looking good for the Seahawks.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone drink beer at 10 AM, even to watch football? Another reason to never watch London games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the Hawks defense didn't give up even 300 yards of offense to KC is a win in my book for our defense. Thats a game the Hawks could have won with a little smarter play from Geno and the Coaches. To many 4th down attempts 2 of which could have been FGs and the fact we just have not been forcing any Turnovers. Failed attempts turning into Points for KC and that turnover hurt a lot more than you think when you look at the situation. 10-17 and even possibly 16-17 if they kick the Fg's earlier in that game and they still had 5+ minutes left in the 3rd. Instead it was 3-17 and the INT made it 3-24.

Offense didn't play very good and Geno is Geno. I think we can all agree that even though Geno has thrown some nice balls this year it was never about his arm talent it was always about the other stuff. Like being late on his throws ( we see it often ). He is also not a leader of men.