• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Lions Week 2

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what happened, He got paid.

Well yes, after his first season with Seattle... but no surprise that season when he was not paid yet, he fell off big time compared to his time in New York.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but why? we could run those plays to undrafted bobo and probably get the same production.
I really doubt what we've seen in games 1 & 2 of the kid's career is the full extent of what he's going to be in the NFL or the ultimate vision for how he'll be used. It's his first 2 games in the NFL, but I suppose if you don't get all worked up about it now then you might miss your chance.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you judge JSN's time/ use when they used either a 2 or 3 TE set more than 50% of the time last game?

They didn't have him in as much as they will when they feel more comfortable about the line.

The good news was they felt better and better as the game went on and backed down on the TE's because both tackles were holding their own.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you judge JSN's time/ use when they used either a 2 or 3 TE set more than 50% of the time last game?

They didn't have him in as much as they will when they feel more comfortable about the line.

The good news was they felt better and better as the game went on and backed down on the TE's because both tackles were holding their own.

Anyone criticizing JSN right now has a clear agenda they are peddling.

So far, JSN is doing what they asked of him. Which is catching underneath passes and getting some YAC. He has more catches this season than Penny Hart, Dee Eskridge, Cade Johsnon, or Dareke Young had all of last season.

I am confident that they will start to stretch him out as the offseason starts to get more comfortable, probably after Abe and Charles are back.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt what we've seen in games 1 & 2 of the kid's career is the full extent of what he's going to be in the NFL or the ultimate vision for how he'll be used. It's his first 2 games in the NFL, but I suppose if you don't get all worked up about it now then you might miss your chance.
they were running the same plays in preseason, seems premeditated
this is why the pick didnt make sense to me. if you include our TEs we have plenty of guys to catch passes and our offense produces better all around when we throw to them. did we need to spend a 1st on a WR?
Anyone criticizing JSN right now has a clear agenda they are peddling.
I want to see him do more and prove he was the right pick and not just another 1st round blunder.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why the pick didnt make sense to me. if you include our TEs we have plenty of guys to catch passes and our offense produces better all around when we throw to them. did we need to spend a 1st on a WR?
Lockett is past his prime... That is why the pick made total sense to me... Weren't you the guy over the years that always complained about the team not picking best player available? JSN was definitely that guy... You draft to fill future voids not just for the following season...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see him do more and prove he was the right pick and not just another 1st round blunder.

And here you are passing judgment on him after 2 games of his career and saying that some 5th rounder was the better pick based on 2 games. Talk about being a prisoner of the moment.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is past his prime... That is why the pick made total sense to me... Weren't you the guy over the years that always complained about the team not picking best player available? JSN was definitely that guy... You draft to fill future voids not just for the following season...
right now he isnt even the best rookie WR, hard to say he was the best player available.
And here you are passing judgment on him after 2 games of his career and saying that some 5th rounder was the better pick based on 2 games. Talk about being a prisoner of the moment.
im passing judgment on the front office and the coaches doing what appears to be more of the same shit in the draft

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The plan isn't to limit him to the extent they have so far. Every game has a different plan based on a lot of variables. I'd bet they will use him more in games where that makes sense.

They didn't plan to lose both starting tackles in game 1. It won't be a full season issue. Their backup tackles are doing well.

Wait until at least mid-season before grading any rookie or their pick. Minimum.

It'll be OK.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im passing judgment on the front office and the coaches doing what appears to be more of the same shit in the draft

Wait? What?

The front office picks BPA on both first round picks and goes with positions that they've never picked in the first round before and you think that's the same shit as previous drafts? This is just you being butthurt that they didn't pick whichever player you wanted them to pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office picks BPA on both first round picks
thats still up for debate
positions that they've never picked in the first round before
yes it was very unusual
This is just you being butthurt that they didn't pick whichever player you wanted them to pick.
I just wanted them to shore up the DL so we didnt have to see any more 1 down linemen fronts.

we will see how far the defense takes us, I hope njigba ends up with 100 catches and makes up for what we lack on defense.

Christian Gonzalez

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling better this week in one regard. The team managed to win and the offense was solid. A couple of things that were still worrisome but we went into a tough house and got the dub. The first couple months of the season are a warmup for a tough stretch in the second half. Hopefully the boys can just show steady improvement and be competitive enough by Thanksgiving to maybe sneak out a couple wins from the big dogs. At least this week, they showed up and looked prepared. That was my only real beef about week 1. Watching how the Rams played the Niners, I realize that they are vastly under-rated so I'm not as upset about losing to them because we did get back to even.
Now it's home to a bad Carolina team and hope the boys take care of their business and don't even let the Panthers hang around. Also hope for no more injuries and some of our guys getting healthy. Not wanting to look ahead too much and just trying to not get too worked up either way. It's a long season and it's just started so not going to nitpick every detail other than the defense needs to be better and start showing week to week improvement. I still believe the offense will be fine. Happy the way the backups on the O-line hung in there. Got lucky in a couple of spots but the tackles held their own. Carolina's front is better than Detroit's though so we will see how it goes.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose stats are these ?

Player #1. 5 Rec 51 yards 8.5 yard average 17 long 0TD's?
Player #2. 8 Rec 47 Yards 5.9 Yard average 16 long 0TD's?

One is Lockett's first 2 games the other is JSN's.

Seattle has been the captain of Dink and dunk passing the first two games. Maybe it's because of injuries or this is their new offensive style to reduce TO risk what ever it is thats what they have been so far this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, I doubt they have a pre-season playbook and then a completely different one for the regular season. Further, I would hope that most things they do are premeditated. I want them to have a plan vs proceed through things haphazardly.

I want to see the route tree open up for JSN as much as the next guy, but it's just plain goofy to assert what we've seen the first 2 games is about all we'll ever get. If you're judging the pick based on these 2 games, that's exactly what you're doing. It undermines the credibility of anything else that you say in here about football.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now he isnt even the best rookie WR, hard to say he was the best player available.
If it makes you feel better, JSN has done more in two games so far this season than the #20 pick you wanted in the draft, Calijah Kancey... Since we're judging players thru week 2 of the regular season I thought this would make you feel better...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is Lockett's first 2 games the other is JSN's.
69th pick versus 20th pick, expectations are not the same.
Well yeah, I doubt they have a pre-season playbook and then a completely different one for the regular season.
of course not, I dont think the short passes to him were an adjustment its designed that way from day 1.
I want to see the route tree open up for JSN as much as the next guy, but it's just plain goofy to assert what we've seen the first 2 games is about all we'll ever get.
he should be fine running NFL routes, so why arent they letting him do it? hes not deebo he isnt going to get the YAC that he does on those short passes. just doesnt make sense to me.
If it makes you feel better, JSN has done more in two games so far this season than the #20 pick you wanted in the draft, Calijah Kancey... Since we're judging players thru week 2 of the regular season I thought this would make you feel better...
dudes been hurt which sucks, I want to see what he can do healthy.

on another note, it sounds like andy dalton will be starting for the panthers. dalton has had some good games against us, I think he gives them a better chance of winning.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
69th pick versus 20th pick, expectations are not the same.

Ok how about this one then seeing as you just have to be right and refuse to admit there isn't a big enough sample size to feel like JSN is some bust or something. Also if he turns out as good as Lockett who cares when Lockett was picked because Lockett would be a first rounder in a redraft.

Player #1. 2 games 11 targets 8 Rec 47 Yards 0TD 0 Fumble lost
Player #2. 2 games 10 targets 4 Rec 47 yards 0TD 1 Fumble lost

thats a top 10 pick WR. :L

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how about this one then seeing as you just have to be right and refuse to admit there isn't a big enough sample size to feel like JSN is some bust or something. Also if he turns out as good as Lockett who cares when Lockett was picked because Lockett would be a first rounder in a redraft.

Player #1. 2 games 11 targets 8 Rec 47 Yards 0TD 0 Fumble lost
Player #2. 2 games 10 targets 4 Rec 47 yards 0TD 1 Fumble lost

thats a top 10 pick WR. :L
lets see what they do with him next week and the week after that

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From listening to Pete on Monday with B&S, it sounded like Adams will be full go at practice this week but maybe more likely to see first action in week 4. It wasn't definitive, but that's what it seemed Pete was saying.

And about that week 4 game (MNF @ Giants), it looks like we will not have to face Saquon Barkley. He's been ruled out for tonight's game, and Shefter is reporting he's likely to miss 3 weeks.