• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are talking to 85 year old Jason peters, this is a very bad sign.

Tells you that they have no faith in either Forsyth or Curhan or both and that at least one of the tackles is questionable for Sunday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt Russell was getting passes for his time in Seattle. I think because geno is a likable person and story that nobody is talking to him crazy.

He was getting roasted his last 2-3 years in Seattle ( Wilson ) when he would have a bad game that wasn't as bad is this one from Geno yet you all don't hardly say a damn thing. Geno 100% with out a doubt was a HUGE issue in the offensive output or massive lack there of in this game. He looked awful and uninterested AND uninspired out there. He had no desire to win or even play this game is how it looked.

I would rather see a kid playing with desire and some fire and getting destroyed than someone that just looks like they don't care.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was getting roasted his last 2-3 years in Seattle ( Wilson ) when he would have a bad game that wasn't as bad is this one from Geno yet you all don't hardly say a damn thing. Geno 100% with out a doubt was a HUGE issue in the offensive output or massive lack there of in this game. He looked awful and uninterested AND uninspired out there. He had no desire to win or even play this game is how it looked.

I would rather see a kid playing with desire and some fire and getting destroyed than someone that just looks like they don't care.

Huh? Maybe you weren't talking specifically to me, but I've been saying the entire time the entire team outside of Walker and Dickson looked like shit out there.

I would call Geno out because he played like shit too (missing wide open receivers, some balls thrown behind) but there was really no point because the entire team looked like crap spare a few players. Some guys looked OKAY (not really good enough given the opponent and where they were drafted or what they're being paid), I don't think Geno looked OKAY... he looked like crap too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the defense is they still need that run stuffer and before anyone brings up Carter he had one tackle in total in his game and did not look any thing like a run stuffer. The Rams keep hitting holes in the zone over and over and it was obvious they were coach to stop and turn for a pass when they got to those holes ( rather than continue running the route). I felt Geno throw the ball away rather than risk a turn over. One play in particular is etched in my brain where a receiver ran a curl and to complete the pass required zinging the ball to him, Geno throw into the dirt half to the receiver. Accident or intentional I can't be sure, but it looked intentional. I saw Geno roll out and end up like 17 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he set up to pass, geez that doesn't help getting positive yards.
First game of the year so trying not to over react to it. Need some better play from players, some adjustments to eliminate receivers able to stop and turn for a pass over and over ( get more aggressive). Turn up the heat on the QB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the defense is they still need that run stuffer and before anyone brings up Carter he had one tackle in total in his game and did not look any thing like a run stuffer. The Rams keep hitting holes in the zone over and over and it was obvious they were coach to stop and turn for a pass when they got to those holes ( rather than continue running the route). I felt Geno throw the ball away rather than risk a turn over. One play in particular is etched in my brain where a receiver ran a curl and to complete the pass required zinging the ball to him, Geno throw into the dirt half to the receiver. Accident or intentional I can't be sure, but it looked intentional. I saw Geno roll out and end up like 17 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he set up to pass, geez that doesn't help getting positive yards.
First game of the year so trying not to over react to it. Need some better play from players, some adjustments to eliminate receivers able to stop and turn for a pass over and over ( get more aggressive). Turn up the heat on the QB.
Agreed

Carter is a inside rusher not a run stuffer so yeah. Reed was rated pretty high ( rated #9 in week one ) for his inside pass rushing in game one but that didn't help us. One thing i noticed about our rush defense is sure they were stout on 1st and 2nd down for the most part unless it was a rush for a first down on a 3rd down. They couldn't stop any 3rd down runs or passes. the Rams faced 17 third downs in this game SEVENTEEN! and converted 11 of those into first downs. At one point they were 8 for 10 on 3rd down.

why has 3rd down defense been SO bad for this team for SO LONG!?!?

I think Mone will help and the other guy the rookie on the Defensive line when they get back.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno definitely didn't look that great in the 2nd half BUT he solely wasn't the biggest reason we lost... He didn't play good... Neither did DK Metcalf but we're not sitting here ripping him either... The glaring hole out there almost the entire game was our pass defense, which is why it's getting the most criticism at this point... Geno was not our glaring hole, imo...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carter was MUCH better than what you're alluding to... ;)

MSN

He had 8 pressures on the QB (Tied for most in the NFL that day), which was 25% of his snap count via the pass... He had 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB hit and the game winning sack... He dominated the LOS and he only played 50% of the defensive snaps...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing i noticed about our rush defense is sure they were stout on 1st and 2nd down for the most part unless it was a rush for a first down on a 3rd down. They couldn't stop any 3rd down runs or passes. the Rams faced 17 third downs in this game SEVENTEEN! and converted 11 of those into first downs. At one point they were 8 for 10 on 3rd down.
That's what's so frustrating... It's the bend but don't break defense... We bend between the 20's but then we "Try" not to break in the redzone... Doesnt' work anymore with this 3-4 defense...

Also, I always thought a 3-4 defense required more blitzes... Guess I'm kind of gauging that off of the Steelers great defenses... I remember them always disguising their blitzes with LB's and safeties... You never knew which guy was going to come... But we just don't blitz it seems and that's very irritating to see when the QB always seems comfortable in the pocket...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, again I hated the switch to the 3-4 and not sure why it was done, it was such a radical change without really the personnel to ever do it... or taking guys fit for a 4-3 and trying to 'convert them'.

In other news, we signed Jason Peters lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, again I hated the switch to the 3-4 and not sure why it was done, it was such a radical change without really the personnel to ever do it... or taking guys fit for a 4-3 and trying to 'convert them'.

In other news, we signed Jason Peters lol.
alright... another guy that will soon be fighting thru injuries due to not being in TC nor NFL ready...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The belief that, "Seattle doesn't lose at home" hasn't been a thing for the past 2 seasons and doesn't exist anymore... We haven't been dominant at home like we used to...

• 2023: 0-1 at home
  • 2022: 5-4 at home...
  • 2021: 3-5 at home

8 wins; 10 losses over that span...

Yeah, and it's been 2-4 losses in each of the 4 previous seasons before that. It's interesting, because it's been since 2016 at least since I could remember teams consistently struggling against the crowd noise, as well. Just doesn't seem that hard for teams to come in and get their adjustments in anymore. Just an observation, nothing more.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and it's been 2-4 losses in each of the 4 previous seasons. It's interesting, because it's been since 2016 at least since I could remember teams consistently struggling against the crowd noise, as well. Just doesn't seem that hard for teams to come in and get their adjustments in anymore. Just an observation, nothing more.

If we assume that HFA equates to about a 3 point advantage on average it probably means that some teams, like the Jags, may only have a 1 point advantage whereas other teams, like the Hawks or Broncos, have have a 4 or 5 point advantage.

But a 5 point advantage doesn't do you any good if you lose by 17.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and it's been 2-4 losses in each of the 4 previous seasons before that. It's interesting, because it's been since 2016 at least since I could remember teams consistently struggling against the crowd noise, as well. Just doesn't seem that hard for teams to come in and get their adjustments in anymore. Just an observation, nothing more.

Well as soon as the Hawks won the superbowl the crowd changed. I use to go to games and the people i would normally see were not there. There was guys in suits and sweaters girls in $1,000 dresses and high heals types. The crowd became a bunch of bandwagon people that didn't really have a passion for they game it's just the Hawks were the "In thing" in Seattle, The place to be. The last game I went to in person it seemed like those types had faded away for the most part but many remain, but man right after the superbowl win it was bad for a few years. It was like " Why are you here? Get up and scream your ass off you are not even paying attention to the damn game!" Everyone taking selfies and shit it was just a bunch a yuppy assholes.

I remember thinking to myself, They have no clue what it means to be a 12.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as soon as the Hawks won the superbowl the crowd changed. I use to go to games and the people i would normally see were not there. There was guys in suits and sweaters girls in $1,000 dresses and high heals types. The crowd became a bunch of bandwagon people that didn't really have a passion for they game it's just the Hawks were the "In thing" in Seattle, The place to be. The last game I went to in person it seemed like those types had faded away for the most part but many remain, but man right after the superbowl win it was bad for a few years. It was like " Why are you here? Get up and scream your ass off you are not even paying attention to the damn game!" Everyone taking selfies and shit it was just a bunch a yuppy assholes.

where I sit its the same people for the past 15 years with very few changes. but otherwise I agree with you, the crowd has changed.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is an unfair assessment of Geno. I would agree that the offense need to take a big share of the loss but what do you want Geno to do in a situation like that? yell at the defense? yell at the press conference? If you are supposed to be the leader of the team or really anything you must remain poised, calm, and collected. I am sure Geno was embarrassed because anytime he has a bad game he knows the critics are going to come and call him overrated.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is an unfair assessment of Geno. I would agree that the offense need to take a big share of the loss but what do you want Geno to do in a situation like that? yell at the defense? yell at the press conference? If you are supposed to be the leader of the team or really anything you must remain poised, calm, and collected. I am sure Geno was embarrassed because anytime he has a bad game he knows the critics are going to come and call him overrated.

No it's call show some emotion on the field show some desire to win. He was sleepwalking. Hit the open targets because there were a LOT OF THEM. Read a defense because he didn't read a DAMN THING against the rams. Look off the defense.

All i can say is Geno looked like he was in Preseason form. Everyone says he had a bad 2nd half .... His first half wasn't good also it just was not pointed out because the Hawks had a 13-7 lead when in fact they could have easily had a 20-7 lead. They still were not converting 3rd downs and Geno was either going to his first read EVERY TIME or dumping it off there was nothing else. It really looked like he was worried about his completion percentage more than winning the damn game or reading a defense or leading the offense lmao.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a season ticket holder when I lived in WA from 2015-2022, went to every game in that span through 2021 (a few exceptions for traveling, weeknight games, etc), and what I noticed in the upper bowl as the years went on were younger fans (mid-20s to early 30s) who were super hammered and mostly clueless about what was going on (especially the younger females). The interesting thing about that is somewhere around 94-96% of the seats were spoken for by season ticket holders, so what to have been happening was an increasing # of them were selling their tickets on the secondary market. We could all come up with our own theories on why that was happening, but I definitely noticed more and more of the season THers around us were coming to fewer and fewer games after about 2017. We no longer have our tickets and haven't been to a game since late 2021, so not sure what it's like now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a season ticket holder when I lived in WA from 2015-2022, went to every game in that span through 2021 (a few exceptions for traveling, weeknight games, etc), and what I noticed in the upper bowl as the years went on were younger fans (mid-20s to early 30s) who were super hammered and mostly clueless about what was going on (especially the younger females). The interesting thing about that is somewhere around 94-96% of the seats were spoken for by season ticket holders, so what to have been happening was an increasing # of them were selling their tickets on the secondary market. We could all come up with our own theories on why that was happening, but I definitely noticed more and more of the season THers around us were coming to fewer and fewer games after about 2017. We no longer have our tickets and haven't been to a game since late 2021, so not sure what it's like now.

well that makes sense as people could get a better price than they paid for them. Hawks became a big draw. All i know was i was near the middle of the 2nd level and the people there I would say in my area were like 50% strangers. I would only go to a few games every year ( split season tickets with 4 other people )but you tend to get use to who is around you then they just changed. Also yeah as you saw in my post most of them were females in that 20 -30 range and all they were doing is selfies ALL THE DAMN TIME! lol Duck faces side tilt head drinking beer and primping each other for their pictures :L

We would put the home games opponent name in a hat and then draw our allotted amount 1 or 2 ( not counting preseason ). We have not did that since 2017. I myself spend half the year in California for work and some times it's during parts of the football season. A couple times i missed the whole season so it wasn't worth spending the money on tickets if i couldn't make it to a game.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very proud to say that my (3) daughters, 20, 22 and 24 years old all know football very well... They are very respectful of the game and understand all faucets of the game... At their High School games the boys would always be amazed on how well my girls knew the game of football... Football was/is a huge tradition in our family... My son-in-law always thanks me for teaching my girls about sports... ;)

We've been season ticket holders for the Cougars for a very long time till recent but we would have a tradition every year since they were little tykes... We would go to their home coming game and we would purchase Coug Sweatshirts each year... We just did it again last weekend vs Wisconsin...

Very proud father... :D