• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck is talking about fans in general.....not just Nebraska fans. I couldn't agree more either......we are all "fair-weather" to an extent.

In regards to players being developed from one year to the next......all the players with potential to develop did develop. Bo used Callahan's recruits to his advantage and then limped through the first 3 years in the BIG with his own.

Now you can see some of that young raw talent developing on this team. We can't keep using the excuse that "well Bo was just lucky to have that guy at the time." Now that guy is Randy Gregory.......before it was Lavonte...before that it was Prince.........before that it was Suh.......

At some point the guy deserves some credit. He has put a lot of guys in the NFL since he's been here and a few of them are actually doing very well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always had big time impact players on Defense with the exception of last season when the cupboard was bare as shit.

That doesn't happen by sheer luck

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck is talking about fans in general.....not just Nebraska fans. I couldn't agree more either......we are all "fair-weather" to an extent.

In regards to players being developed from one year to the next......all the players with potential to develop did develop. Bo used Callahan's recruits to his advantage and then limped through the first 3 years in the BIG with his own.

Now you can see some of that young raw talent developing on this team. We can't keep using the excuse that "well Bo was just lucky to have that guy at the time." Now that guy is Randy Gregory.......before it was Lavonte...before that it was Prince.........before that it was Suh.......

At some point the guy deserves some credit. He has put a lot of guys in the NFL since he's been here and a few of them are actually doing very well.

You know who else puts a lot of players in the nfl? Mack Brown, and they want him fired

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who else puts a lot of players in the nfl? Mack Brown, and they want him fired

Yea he should be fired.

Any coach who has superior talent across the board should be able to succeed.

That is how it's worked for Saban.....give him superior talent across the board and he is great. Give him inferior talent and he's Bo Pelini.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he should be fired.

Any coach who has superior talent across the board should be able to succeed.

That is how it's worked for Saban.....give him superior talent across the board and he is great. Give him inferior talent and he's Bo Pelini.

Give? Who brought in those players?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice new avy jed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS on the talent crap. A good head coach knows how to get his players to understand what they're supposed to be doing, where they're supposed to be, and how to get them ready week in and week out.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure love being .500 against teams with a winning record and barely above .500 against BCS teams

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS on the talent crap. A good head coach knows how to get his players to understand what they're supposed to be doing, where they're supposed to be, and how to get them ready week in and week out.

Yep.....and I'll bet Saban found a way when he was at other programs with far less talent......

Look at a team like Auburn this season as well......they have talent out the wazzu but didn't have brains to coach it.....and now they do.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky already posted the evidence of what recruiting means.

Ye want to be above subpar, stool? Then either we gotta start cheating or we need to be patient and let this young Defense pan out. I really believe we have something special a brewin'

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky already posted the evidence of what recruiting means.

Ye want to be above subpar, stool? Then either we gotta start cheating or we need to be patient and let this young Defense pan out. I really believe we have something special a brewin'
-------
Every team goes in cycles with youger talent needing time. How many cycles does Bo get to prove he can do with his "process". It's not as if Bo used just Callhans talent untill two years ago. He's had the time. And with his recruits.

What I don't like and yes I'll go back to the TO era. When we had young defneses usually the offense carried us until the defense matured. If the offense was young the defense carried the load for a while. And yet rarely did we see 3/4 loss years.

What really frosts my balls is how Bo will overuse his "talented 3-4-5" people and then those on the bench don't get any reps duriing game time. More than anything that's why we see 3-4 losses a year. The bench isn't getting reps and then when the starters get injured/tired and need a rest, we seldom have people that can take over for a series or two and get the job done.

Brook Berringer was not an option QB and yet he had enough mopup duty behind Fraier that when Frazier got injured Berringer didn't miss a beat. Our current staff has shown no inclination to coach/teach the bench in a way that they could come in and not really miss a beat. And I don't see that happening anytime period. I don't know why that's done. i don'tunderstand it. But I also don't beleive we can expect anything better with this coaching staff.

Even with the "improvement" on the "D" side of the ball who have they been playing? Teams that offensively would rate out at D+ C- or C at best. That does not mean come next year with the likes of Wisky/Miami just to name two, that they are the real deal.

GBR

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, may all of you have a safe enjoyable Thanksgiving.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Every team goes in cycles with youger talent needing time. How many cycles does Bo get to prove he can do with his "process". It's not as if Bo used just Callhans talent untill two years ago. He's had the time. And with his recruits.

What I don't like and yes I'll go back to the TO era. When we had young defneses usually the offense carried us until the defense matured. If the offense was young the defense carried the load for a while. And yet rarely did we see 3/4 loss years.

What really frosts my balls is how Bo will overuse his "talented 3-4-5" people and then those on the bench don't get any reps duriing game time. More than anything that's why we see 3-4 losses a year. The bench isn't getting reps and then when the starters get injured/tired and need a rest, we seldom have people that can take over for a series or two and get the job done.

Brook Berringer was not an option QB and yet he had enough mopup duty behind Fraier that when Frazier got injured Berringer didn't miss a beat. Our current staff has shown no inclination to coach/teach the bench in a way that they could come in and not really miss a beat. And I don't see that happening anytime period. I don't know why that's done. i don'tunderstand it. But I also don't beleive we can expect anything better with this coaching staff.

Even with the "improvement" on the "D" side of the ball who have they been playing? Teams that offensively would rate out at D+ C- or C at best. That does not mean come next year with the likes of Wisky/Miami just to name two, that they are the real deal.

GBR

yep ---the Sooners had ta deal with this in the 90's

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo will be back in 2014, I'm pretty sure of it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought a lot about this guise..........I've analyzed every angle.

It won't be long before you fellers are saying, "damn.....you were right JJM."

Things are looking up. Guatanteed.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought a lot about this guise..........I've analyzed every angle.

It won't be long before you fellers are saying, "damn.....you were right JJM."

Things are looking up. Guatanteed.

Guaranteed? The only thing that is a guarantee is that I will not be saying you were right!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense is gonna be a formidable unit in 2015......

The Offense just needs to be average. It should be.

2015 will be the year we turn the corner. Just have ta be patient is all.