• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Washington fails and there’s true debate failure on this board regarding QB’s!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of what people always get confrontational is that there is no clear path to a super bowl victory. Everyone watches and sees a team win the Superbowl every year and see how they did it and go " now I know how to win a Superbowl" and want that from their franchise. What people don't understand is that every other team, every other gm, every other coach, and every other fan is thinking the same damn thing. Draft a franchise qb. Get a great defense. Build a great offensive line. Everyone knows damn well what it takes, there is a finite amount of talent in the league and everyone wants it.
Correct!
It's football, not number theory!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct sir! I'm still not a fan of Stafford in Washington uniforms but dude is a damn good QB!
Sub 500 career record worse then KC’s . It’s only about wins when it suits a purpose . Mitch Trubisky has the same career number of wins as DW
It seems neither Stafford nor DW elevated players around them either

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sub 500 career record worse then KC’s . It’s only about wins when it suits a purpose . Mitch Trubisky has the same career number of wins as DW
It seems neither Stafford nor DW elevated players around them either
C'mon man you know that I don't use W/L records when evaluating QB's. It's a team game, we all know that! I have posted many, many, times their comparative personal achievement numbers and they aren't in the same league. Granted, KC had a really good last season, but even including that, he's not the consistent player that DW has been.

I'm not home at this moment but I will repost the head to head numbers if again if you wish, when I get back. Keep in mind that this last season won't be included because Watson sat it out and there's nothing to compare.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man you know that I don't use W/L records when evaluating QB's. It's a team game, we all know that! I have posted many, many, times their comparative personal achievement numbers and they aren't in the same league. Granted, KC had a really good last season, but even including that, he's not the consistent player that DW has been.

I'm not home at this moment but I will repost the head to head numbers if again if you wish, when I get back. Keep in mind that this last season won't be included because Watson sat it out and there's nothing to compare.
These issues aren’t directed at you solely . The ABC crowd uses wins and losses and so called chokes . Also remember that this same crowd ‘s thinking when it comes to numbers . I can argue his last year was nothing but stat padding based on the ABC formula and dismiss the winning the same way .

Here are my issues

1) Snyder is a sex abuser and DW is accused by 22 women some of which he is considering settling with means he is no different then Snyder so either Snyder is completely innocent as the claim for DW will be .
2) simply winning games doesn’t make it right or erase that abuse BIG Ben took a huge hit from me because of that past . He was never the same guy after that either

3) earning my fandom after you folded to PC BS. , lying about ever changing the name , to cover up your sexual misconduct and selling this as some sort of salvation to a group of people ( most of which didn’t care about the name and liked it ) and with no appreciable change in their plight can only be done by giving me some hope . And being moral . I am a fan of the redskins , not the owner , not the DMV , I spent most of my life away from that area

4) so the only way I support getting this guy is to have him cleared totally . Not payoffs but legit innocence . Giving up what we have to , to get him must come with that , no gambling , no paying his debt then be able to use him only complete and total exoneration of ALL charges
5 ) I will never ever love this team like the skins period. The only way I will consider following this team is if the get a culture on and off the field that I can be proud to support . Reskins is the only reason I tolerated Snyder . Every time I hope to be thrown a bone it seems like they just want me to go . Getting DW with his baggage without resolution is just another log on that fire

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These issues aren’t directed at you solely . The ABC crowd uses wins and losses and so called chokes . Also remember that this same crowd ‘s thinking when it comes to numbers . I can argue his last year was nothing but stat padding based on the ABC formula and dismiss the winning the same way .

Here are my issues

1) Snyder is a sex abuser and DW is accused by 22 women some of which he is considering settling with means he is no different then Snyder so either Snyder is completely innocent as the claim for DW will be .
2) simply winning games doesn’t make it right or erase that abuse BIG Ben took a huge hit from me because of that past . He was never the same guy after that either

3) earning my fandom after you folded to PC BS. , lying about ever changing the name , to cover up your sexual misconduct and selling this as some sort of salvation to a group of people ( most of which didn’t care about the name and liked it ) and with no appreciable change in their plight can only be done by giving me some hope . And being moral . I am a fan of the redskins , not the owner , not the DMV , I spent most of my life away from that area

4) so the only way I support getting this guy is to have him cleared totally . Not payoffs but legit innocence . Giving up what we have to , to get him must come with that , no gambling , no paying his debt then be able to use him only complete and total exoneration of ALL charges
5 ) I will never ever love this team like the skins period. The only way I will consider following this team is if the get a culture on and off the field that I can be proud to support . Reskins is the only reason I tolerated Snyder . Every time I hope to be thrown a bone it seems like they just want me to go . Getting DW with his baggage without resolution is just another log on that fire

Based upon what you wrote, there's not a better place for Watson to be!

2) simply winning games doesn’t make it right or erase that abuse BIG Ben took a huge hit from me because of that past . He was never the same guy after that either.

The "hit" that Watson might incur, has already happened and will never be completely cleared in the eyes of some just like big Ben. Some will forgive, while others will come close to forgetting especially, if there's lots of winning to follow.

As you know, changing the name is not some sort of "fold" or "pc" correction for me, it was personal and I'm relieved that it has happened. Snyder is a creature of profit even though he often loses in ventures that he participates in towards that goal. Lying, cutting corners, using the legal system et.al is nothing more than part of the game. I do understand your position and support your right to feel that way. I also agree that there are plenty of people who feel as you do, however, I suspect that a great number of them will return as supporters/ fans/followers even if the new name is more effed up than imagined. There are 32 slimy owners in the NFL, the game is the attraction, not ownership.

It is, as I wrote about in a previous post. It's YOU who don't want him, not that he would immediately be the best QB who's ever manned the position in Washington, gives this team the best QB in the division, settles the QB position for the next 10 to 12 years, immediately introduces Washington as perennial potential postseason players, and because of these things, change the culture.
Despite having none of the things that you've listed for the entirety of the Snyder ownership years, you've supported this team because they had the name that they did. As a result, it is a bit confusing that you state a desire to get behind and support a team that "get(s) a culture on and off the field that I can be proud to support," Did I misquote you on this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based upon what you wrote, there's not a better place for Watson to be!

2) simply winning games doesn’t make it right or erase that abuse BIG Ben took a huge hit from me because of that past . He was never the same guy after that either.

The "hit" that Watson might incur, has already happened and will never be completely cleared in the eyes of some just like big Ben. Some will forgive, while others will come close to forgetting especially, if there's lots of winning to follow.

As you know, changing the name is not some sort of "fold" or "pc" correction for me, it was personal and I'm relieved that it has happened. Snyder is a creature of profit even though he often loses in ventures that he participates in towards that goal. Lying, cutting corners, using the legal system et.al is nothing more than part of the game. I do understand your position and support your right to feel that way. I also agree that there are plenty of people who feel as you do, however, I suspect that a great number of them will return as supporters/ fans/followers even if the new name is more effed up than imagined. There are 32 slimy owners in the NFL, the game is the attraction, not ownership.

It is, as I wrote about in a previous post. It's YOU who don't want him, not that he would immediately be the best QB who's ever manned the position in Washington, gives this team the best QB in the division, settles the QB position for the next 10 to 12 years, immediately introduces Washington as perennial potential postseason players, and because of these things, change the culture.
Despite having none of the things that you've listed for the entirety of the Snyder ownership years, you've supported this team because they had the name that they did. As a result, it is a bit confusing that you state a desire to get behind and support a team that "get(s) a culture on and off the field that I can be proud to support," Did I misquote you on this?
That’s because the team was called redskins not crap name

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins signing DW is not a good look these days. They're a lot more than a QB away from competing. Their LB corps are special team players on good teams. Sure look around but spend wisely, no more RG3 disasters.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s because the team was called redskins not crap name
Perspective ole' friend, perspective!!
Crap name was also applied to the name that you love!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins signing DW is not a good look these days. They're a lot more than a QB away from competing. Their LB corps are special team players on good teams. Sure look around but spend wisely, no more RG3 disasters.
One year ago, I told this board that Washington had no starting level QB and that without one they are a 5 win team, 6 if they got lucky. In a subsequent post, I reminded all that they would be lucky to get back to 7 wins like the previous season.

1643605746659.png

That said, with a starting level QB, especially one like Watson, this is a 9-to-10-win team possibly 11 or 12 if they are lucky.

1643605709281.png

In real time now, take a look around the league and note the pending changing of the stalwarts (Brady, Ben, Rogers, Wilson etc.) with these young, gifted charges. What does that tell you? (Rhetorical) That getting one of these secondary QBs won't do, especially if the goal is qualifying for the playoffs or more exacting getting to and winning the SB.

Realizing the futility of going in that direction, the only other option is drafting your starting QB for the 2022 season. Who exactly would that be in this weak class? (I also told this board a year ago that this class would be a weak one)

1643605956031.png
So, if they want to keep up and not continue on the hampster wheel, Watson is their best and likely ONLY option.

One last thing, since it appears that time has once again proved points that I have shared with this board.

There was a prediction that Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't take a snap for this team by me and that someone unknown would be taking his place... as things turned out he took exactly 16 snaps and that unknown turned out to be T. Heinicke. !6 snaps is basically nothing and pretty Dag gone close to my prediction, the unknown was of course...well... unknown!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW won’t come here , he wont waive his no trade clause to come here

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year ago, I told this board that Washington had no starting level QB and that without one they are a 5 win team, 6 if they got lucky. In a subsequent post, I reminded all that they would be lucky to get back to 7 wins like the previous season....
Realizing the futility of going in that direction, the only other option is drafting your starting QB for the 2022 season. Who exactly would that be in this weak class? (I also told this board a year ago that this class would be a weak one)
The weak class this year is one of the reasons the Niners and the Bears traded up for QBs last year.
So, if they want to keep up and not continue on the hampster wheel, Watson is their best and likely ONLY option.
There are some big hurdles to get over if Watson is the option.
--will the league let him play?
--will Watson waive his no trade clause to come to Washington?
--assuming both answers are "yes", then what are you willing to trade for him?

Considering the NFL landscape, if Watson gets the greenlight to play (a long shot so far), there could be a bidding war. Even two #1 picks isn't gonna get it done. It's gonna take more.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weak class this year is one of the reasons the Niners and the Bears traded up for QBs last year.

There are some big hurdles to get over if Watson is the option.
--will the league let him play?
--will Watson waive his no trade clause to come to Washington?
--assuming both answers are "yes", then what are you willing to trade for him?

Considering the NFL landscape, if Watson gets the greenlight to play (a long shot so far), there could be a bidding war. Even two #1 picks isn't gonna get it done. It's gonna take more.
I agree with it being a weak class.

Agree again, that there are some big hurdles to overcome but there's not one that says that this one that's too much to overcome, and my price hasn't changed. (I'm flexible too!)

First, this year and next, 3rd in 23 and 24 and choice of Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne (perhaps both if that gets the trade done)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with it being a weak class.

Agree again, that there are some big hurdles to overcome but there's not one that says that this one that's too much to overcome, and my price hasn't changed. (I'm flexible too!)

First, this year and next, 3rd in 23 and 24 and choice of Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne (perhaps both if that gets the trade done)
Philly comes in and says 3 1sts this year hurts and they beat that offer

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion, but assuming the league lets Watson play, I don't think that price will get it done. But then again, the Texans traded Deandre Hopkins for peanuts, so who knows?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly comes in and says 3 1sts this year hurts and they beat that offer
Philly has already declared that there's NOT going to be a trade for Watson and they are sticking with Hurts at least for another season. The NY Giants have also declared a desire to stick with Jones and build around him.