• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fire Bo after this season it's going to be one of the most embarrassing firings in the history of sports.

There are far too many positives. With all the injuries and all the youth making turnovers and other mistakes, we still rose to the challenge on the road in one of the most hostile environments......and we did it with absolutely nothing to play for......against a team who was playing on Senior day.

It would have been so easy for our players to give up heading into this game. They obviously respect amd play hard for their coach.
-------
Ayone that has actually looked into our recent history would not agree. I've even heard broadcasters suggest it would be a mistake to fire Bo, but that's more because of their disdain for the program (Mussberger) than anything else.

I don't think we would look bad OR come off bad so long as we don't make a dumbass hire like Charlie Weis whom I'm sure SE wouldn't even consider. The big issue I truly believe is how much pressure the schools donors are giving the chancellor and the AD.

The issues that Bo hasn't straightened out is long and continual year after year.

GBR

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fire Bo after this season it's going to be one of the most embarrassing firings in the history of sports.

There are far too many positives. With all the injuries and all the youth making turnovers and other mistakes, we still rose to the challenge on the road in one of the most hostile environments......and we did it with absolutely nothing to play for......against a team who was playing on Senior day.

It would have been so easy for our players to give up heading into this game. They obviously respect amd play hard for their coach.

exaggerated much lol

maybe people in Nebraska will feel that way but we don't have much national respect so people aren't gonna make fun of us or get mad. everyone else know Nebraska hasn't had big marquee win as of late. and even tho we will finish 9-3 best win is against a slumping Michigan team ucla might even finish with 4 losses and not going to PAC12 champ game

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are out of your mind....

The rest of the country does not even for one second see our situation the same as our impatient fanbase does.

We are just spoiled rotten and believe that we should win every game every year because we had some glory days one time.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rest of the country does not even for one second see our situation the same as our impatient fanbase does.

We are just spoiled rotten and believe that we should win every game every year because we had some glory days one time.

ehh I don't know about that. How many times have we heard from people that we won't get over the hump with "that hothead/psycho/idiot" as our coach? Not that I think he should be fired...but I don't think the public perception would be that negative.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here it is JJM, why we won't look bad.

I agree 9 wins is enough for a coach to keep his job, but usually to achieve 9 wins you have to beat some quality teams and play some good football. Its who did you lose to, who did you beat? How did you win, how did you lose?

Assume Nebraska beats Iowa and has 9 wins
Quality wins?
@ Michigan (7-5) assuming they lose to tOSU
@ Penn St (6-6) assuming they lose to Wisconsin
Iowa (7-5) assuming we win

Losses
UCLA (8-4 or 9-3) they play USC
Minnesota (8-4) assuming they lose to MSU
MSU (11-1) assuming they beat Minn

HOW did Nebraska win?
1. OT to beat a 6-6 Penn State team
2. Last minute TD drive to beat a 7-5 Michigan team
3. A hail mary to beat a 4-7 Northwestern team

Those three games are a coin toss from us losing we could very well be 5-6 right now

HOW did Nebraska lose?
1. UCLA exposed us
2. Minnesota ran the ball right down our throat
3. MSU played turnover free sound football

We lost BIG in all these games and looked absolutely terrible. They are not 'coin tosses' of us possibly winning.

So once again JJM 9 wins is usually good, but that's when you have a respectable schedule.
Wyoming
Southern Miss
South Dakota State
Illinois
Purdue

^------ Those are 5 gimmie games. I sure as hell hope a coach could manage 4 more wins the rest of the year.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one is asking for the Tom oz 60-3 winning spree

but losing to minny ?
destroyed by wisky in the CC game
beating a ranked opponent or winning a big game ?

I mean if the big ten was tough and dangerous I wouldn't care but it's ranked 4th behind sec pac12 big12. But it isn't we missed another chance to make a good run this year.

I understand were on different views and sides with bo but let's not act like the Bo haters are asking for national championship.

in a 4 year span I would like to see be Nebraska play in the CC game 3 times a year win 1-2 times and maybe out of those 4 years 2 bcs visit if not no less than new years day bowl

I mean we brag about 9 wins but yet 1 CC visit new years day bowl yes and nice but both losses and both times we decided to help uga and SC out.

wouldn't it be nice to walk into a big game and see how we do without turning the ball over or dumb penalties. next year schedule looks like sweet pecan pie on thanksgiving 3-4 losses next year how would you feel?

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here it is JJM, why we won't look bad.

I agree 9 wins is enough for a coach to keep his job, but usually to achieve 9 wins you have to beat some quality teams and play some good football. Its who did you lose to, who did you beat? How did you win, how did you lose?

Assume Nebraska beats Iowa and has 9 wins
Quality wins?
@ Michigan (7-5) assuming they lose to tOSU
@ Penn St (6-6) assuming they lose to Wisconsin
Iowa (7-5) assuming we win

Losses
UCLA (8-4 or 9-3) they play USC
Minnesota (8-4) assuming they lose to MSU
MSU (11-1) assuming they beat Minn

HOW did Nebraska win?
1. OT to beat a 6-6 Penn State team
2. Last minute TD drive to beat a 7-5 Michigan team
3. A hail mary to beat a 4-7 Northwestern team

Those three games are a coin toss from us losing we could very well be 5-6 right now

HOW did Nebraska lose?
1. UCLA exposed us
2. Minnesota ran the ball right down our throat
3. MSU played turnover free sound football

We lost BIG in all these games and looked absolutely terrible. They are not 'coin tosses' of us possibly winning.

So once again JJM 9 wins is usually good, but that's when you have a respectable schedule.
Wyoming
Southern Miss
South Dakota State
Illinois
Purdue

^------ Those are 5 gimmie games. I sure as hell hope a coach could manage 4 more wins the rest of the year.

with neb and big ten schedule your easily gonna win 7-8 games

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.....

Bo has had a rough go with recruiting up until this point. You can now see that talent is once again returning to the field on Defense and Nebraska is about to turn the corner.

I didn't read anything into that game against Michigan State as being a "Bo thing"......

Freshmen made mistakes in that game. It was indicative of where Nebraska is at right now........very injured, and very young.

Hell of a job by Pelini to go on the road and beat Penn State given the circumstances. Hell of a win.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't and I won't justify firing Pelini right now.....

I'm 28 years old and I should just know better. This game isn't being played on a PS3, and that is why Eichorst will make the same decision that I would make......which is to keep Bo.

The fantasy world that us fans live in where we think we can just drop this guy and pick up that guy doesn't exist. In the real world we have to be mature and make mature decisions. You can't push buttons and just see what happens........imagine the possible backlash if Bo were fired after this season. The way these players buy into him, they might lay down for the next four years under a new coach out of spite.

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching change than just "being sick" of losing big games.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put a poll up in the romper room cfb board and just see how many people think Bo should be retained

I don't agree with this notion that the whole country would be taken back by firing Bo, no gives a shit about NU anymore outside of our own fanbase, except for to laugh at us on gameday

Our recruiting is not good, by a long ways

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could take a poll of all the Athletic Directors out there who would fire Bo in this situation you would get one hell of a different response.

Again, fans think from a "sit in couch with beer in hand" perspective.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.....

Bo has had a rough go with recruiting up until this point. You can now see that talent is once again returning to the field on Defense and Nebraska is about to turn the corner.

I didn't read anything into that game against Michigan State as being a "Bo thing"......

Freshmen made mistakes in that game. It was indicative of where Nebraska is at right now........very injured, and very young.

Hell of a job by Pelini to go on the road and beat Penn State given the circumstances. Hell of a win.

msu game didn't want me to fire Bo wisky game last year made me lose hope in this staff

but how many big games did we turn the ball over like that
it wasn't a freshman thing that been going on since 08

in big games we shoot ourselves. .....Instead of shooting down our opponents. now is that players? really?!? even the seniors??

injuries are part of football, recruiting that on him. and the defense has been better but we haven't played an explosive offense but they are getting better that im happy about.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't and I won't justify firing Pelini right now.....

I'm 28 years old and I should just know better. This game isn't being played on a PS3, and that is why Eichorst will make the same decision that I would make......which is to keep Bo.

The fantasy world that us fans live in where we think we can just drop this guy and pick up that guy doesn't exist. In the real world we have to be mature and make mature decisions. You can't push buttons and just see what happens........imagine the possible backlash if Bo were fired after this season. The way these players buy into him, they might lay down for the next four years under a new coach out of spite.

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching change than just "being sick" of losing big games.

Callahan syndrome: so afraid of seeing 5 win season no bowl games and terrible whipping. that any 9 win season no matter the flaws will be accepted as long as they don't fall back to cally world's of horror hahahaha.

I know bo will be back as well as the 3-4 losses and falling short of the chance to get over the hump

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could take a poll of all the Athletic Directors out there who would fire Bo in this situation you would get one hell of a different response.

Again, fans think from a "sit in couch with beer in hand" perspective.

depends on what AD were asking acc teams would take it

top teams wouldn't be pleased.

what the last time we finished in the top 15?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I've talked to a LOT of people outside of the program who hasn't been impressed with Bo, and also believes Nebraska could do better than Bo.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps from and ADs prospective it could be different. In terms of the general fan base of cfb, it's only our own that concocts this theory that were at worlds end with it. Again if it were to happen they'd better make sure his replacement is a proven choice, if not then don't even bother by making it worse

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no one is asking for the Tom oz 60-3 winning spree

but losing to minny ?
destroyed by wisky in the CC game
beating a ranked opponent or winning a big game ?

I mean if the big ten was tough and dangerous I wouldn't care but it's ranked 4th behind sec pac12 big12. But it isn't we missed another chance to make a good run this year.

I understand were on different views and sides with bo but let's not act like the Bo haters are asking for national championship.

in a 4 year span I would like to see be Nebraska play in the CC game 3 times a year win 1-2 times and maybe out of those 4 years 2 bcs visit if not no less than new years day bowl

I mean we brag about 9 wins but yet 1 CC visit new years day bowl yes and nice but both losses and both times we decided to help uga and SC out.

wouldn't it be nice to walk into a big game and see how we do without turning the ball over or dumb penalties. next year schedule looks like sweet pecan pie on thanksgiving 3-4 losses next year how would you feel?

That same Wiscy team that had 5 losses and a third string QB! Yikes!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over here on the east coast in acc country Nebraska Is respected for the 90's and our football history. ... not because of what we're doing now. don't ask southern fans that usually start
heated debated and stupid conference bragging.

why not about now ?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we know it it'll be 20yrs since our last Conf. Championship, I don't think it unrealistic of some fans to think we can and should be doing better, 5yrs is plenty of time, excuses aside for this year it's the piss poor recruiting and coaching that's got us in the situation right now, I don't see that improving unless drastic changes are made.
Time will tell and maybe we will be revisiting this topic next year around this same time frame, I would not like that to happen, either way it goes after Fri