• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we know it it'll be 20yrs since our last Conf. Championship, I don't think it unrealistic of some fans to think we can and should be doing better, 5yrs is plenty of time, excuses aside for this year it's the piss poor recruiting and coaching that's got us in the situation right now, I don't see that improving unless drastic changes are made.
Time will tell and maybe we will be revisiting this topic next year around this same time frame, I would not like that to happen, either way it goes after Fri

it seems to me like fans are more worried about the just getting 9 wins. not about how or the championship or wanting to improve

been downhill since 2010. that was the last year national title was mention about Nebraska by the media

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't and I won't justify firing Pelini right now.....

I'm 28 years old and I should just know better. This game isn't being played on a PS3, and that is why Eichorst will make the same decision that I would make......which is to keep Bo.

The fantasy world that us fans live in where we think we can just drop this guy and pick up that guy doesn't exist. In the real world we have to be mature and make mature decisions. You can't push buttons and just see what happens........imagine the possible backlash if Bo were fired after this season. The way these players buy into him, they might lay down for the next four years under a new coach out of spite.

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching change than just "being sick" of losing big games.

Why don't they buy into him in August/September?

Why do they stop buying into him after having a little success?

Why do they only seem to buy into him when their backs are against the wall.

You know that's their trademark, right. Nebraska plays better with their backs against the wall? "Them against us"?

Is that the type of Nebraska you always want to see? "Them against us"?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard the rumor that Tmart was at a house party saw his girlfriend making out with some other guy and kicked a fridge and that's how he hurt his foot.

Also TA foot has been hurt for weeks and he is still starting? wtf does RK have to do to earn a spot here. Also TA is hurt Stanton hurt Darlington Hurt.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard the rumor that Tmart was at a house party saw his girlfriend making out with some other guy and kicked a fridge and that's how he hurt his foot.

Also TA foot has been hurt for weeks and he is still starting? wtf does RK have to do to earn a spot here. Also TA is hurt Stanton hurt Darlington Hurt.

I have heard 4 different rumors on random things Taylor has kicked to hurt his foot.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as fans are crazy, stupid, rabid, annoying, over the top, idiotic, passionate, unreasonable, disgusting, and many other adjectives like that. But the biggest thing we are is loyal.

I am sick and fucking tired of these players and especially these coaches coming out and ripping the fans and sounding annoyed by the fans. I get that it is hard but this is the business you chose and you knew what you were getting into. Tim Beck can kiss my fucking ass with his comments.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't and I won't justify firing Pelini right now.....

I'm 28 years old and I should just know better. This game isn't being played on a PS3, and that is why Eichorst will make the same decision that I would make......which is to keep Bo.

The fantasy world that us fans live in where we think we can just drop this guy and pick up that guy doesn't exist. In the real world we have to be mature and make mature decisions. You can't push buttons and just see what happens........imagine the possible backlash if Bo were fired after this season. The way these players buy into him, they might lay down for the next four years under a new coach out of spite.

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching change than just "being sick" of losing big games.
-------
Like:

kiler penalties?
Killer turnovers?
Bad game plans--work the first half and then implode
Even with OC #2 no real offensive identity
Few quality wins
No CChampionships
No top 10 rankings

I too don't expect NC every year or every five years. I do expect us to not embarrass ourselves on TV even if we lose. An occassional blowout? OK But most of our big games under Bo we've fallen flat on our face.

Between Dr. Tom up to Bo, we've gone from "we know we can win" to "we hope we can win". I don't expect us to win every game. But I don't see any kind of mindset that suggests--under Bo--that anytime soon we are going to get back to the "we know we can win" mindset.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as fans are crazy, stupid, rabid, annoying, over the top, idiotic, passionate, unreasonable, disgusting, and many other adjectives like that. But the biggest thing we are is loyal.

I am sick and fucking tired of these players and especially these coaches coming out and ripping the fans and sounding annoyed by the fans. I get that it is hard but this is the business you chose and you knew what you were getting into. Tim Beck can kiss my fucking ass with his comments.

:nod:

The Bo philosophy. It's us against them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they buy into him in August/September?

Why do they stop buying into him after having a little success?

Why do they only seem to buy into him when their backs are against the wall.

You know that's their trademark, right. Nebraska plays better with their backs against the wall? "Them against us"?

Is that the type of Nebraska you always want to see? "Them against us"?

Nah.....the only time Nebraska struggles is when Taylor or young folks are making mistakes......or nontalented folks. But we got the talent now.

Now it's just time for the young bloods to grow up.

Like I said......mysteriously the curse will be over in 2015.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.....the only time Nebraska struggles is when Taylor or young folks are making mistakes......or nontalented folks. But we got the talent now.

Now it's just time for the young bloods to grow up.

Like I said......mysteriously the curse will be over in 2015.

I just wonder where you are coming up with the assumption that these coaches are good at developing players?

I know I've seen a lot of players not get any better from one year to the next. We've been here.

How many times have we suckered into the "next year there will be more experience", "another year in the system" mantra?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

The Bo philosophy. It's us against them.

Oh I know, and that is fine to a point but the fans should be included in the "us" not the "them".

No matter how dumb we are during the week we still show up in gameday and support the shit out of them.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder where you are coming up with the assumption that these coaches are good at developing players?

I know I've seen a lot of players not get any better from one year to the next. We've been here.

How many times have we suckered into the "next year there will be more experience", "another year in the system" mantra?

PREACH!!!!!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CHURCH!!!!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, and that is fine to a point but the fans should be included in the "us" not the "them".

No matter how dumb we are during the week we still show up in gameday and support the shit out of them.

exactly.....even tho we know what will happen in big games..

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What diTE=jedburks;4064028]We as fans are crazy, stupid, rabid, annoying, over the top, idiotic, passionate, unreasonable, disgusting, and many other adjectives like that. But the biggest thing we are is loyal.

I am sick and fucking tired of these players and especially these coaches coming out and ripping the fans and sounding annoyed by the fans. I get that it is hard but this is the business you chose and you knew what you were getting into. Tim Beck can kiss my fucking ass with his comments.[/QUOTE]

What did beck say??

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did beck say??

Beck was asked why he thought Martinez sometimes seemed to have an odd relationship with fans.

"Who in this program doesn't?" the coach said. "Who has a great relationship with the fans in this program? I think there's a lot of players, coaches, that's just the way they are. It seems a lot of times when they do good, they like them. And when they don't do good, they don't like them, whoever it is. I guess that's the definition sometimes of a fan, right?"

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for LB and QB, i actually think player development is good by these coaches. Look at every other position and the potential draft picks. Guys all across the offense will be NFLers, the secondary is already there and the DL is getting there. Evans and Baptiste are being coached, not just playing on raw athletic ability.

The place where I think we are missing is SC. Bo needs someone new there. Need someone to take a different approach. Also, isn't the SC the one who actually spends the most time with the kids once they get on campus? That is where Bo could do the most to maybe find someone else and try a different technique to get these kids more mentally prepared.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well beck maybe if yer offense didn't shit the beck 6 times this season