• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well start this now that its nearing the end of the season.

Currently-

7-3 with a cupcake schedule (loss's to UCLA/Minn/MSU)
Signature wins? (A struggling Michigan team in Ann Arbor)
Games left (@PSU, Iowa) Bowl Game
-Cannot win division
-Cannot win conference
-Cannot make a BCS bowl

7-5 stay?
8-4 stay?
9-3 stay?

We will most likely know his fate right after the Iowa game given our history with Solich and Callahan. However what are the chances we give him the bowl game?

Do you think hes already out the door or playing for his job right now?

Or is it secure already?

Let the last two weeks decide:suds:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last game was a typical game for a bo team

slow start
turnovers
big game blues
looking timid
offense hurting defense or vice versa

I mean same stuff we've seen since 09 in big games

is this what we want mediocre play? knowing that if we have aa a good win or upset that the next game will be a lose. how many people said if we beat Michigan we will lose to msu. keep Bo and get used to it 4 losses blowouts bad losses to inferior teams and the bug game with multiple turnovers.

Nebraska wasn't the better team better team beats their opponent not themselves. I'm not asking for national titles but this team with the talent and schedule should be 1-2 losses

let Bo finish out start looking for new coach time for a change unless folks are ok with this style of play...because it won't change next year qb issue defense issue play calling bad system. It's year 6...

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry rambled for a bit just disappointed with the pack of progress and our suicide methods during big games

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's seat is hot. Real hot. His tape about the fans and his reaction about Tommie Frazier told me enough about the real him. I was a Bo Proponent before that. I was willing to take the 9 win seasons and hope for a break through. Not anymore.

I am sticking to my story, with the job openings at USC, possibly at Texas, possibly at Florida, how can Nebraska compete with those three schools in recruiting hotbeds? If the only job opening is USC, then Bo is terminated. If there are either two or three openings, Bo stays on until next year.

The exception to this is Jim Tressel. I know there are the vocals on here about no Jim Tressel, but how many millions do they give the school?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% Bo gets fired no matter what

Tressel would be fantastic. Bring in Frost as kicker/coach in training for when Tress retires

I can live with this

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have 9 wins every year but there is one important thing he does not have.

The following schools have enjoyed this thing in the 6 years he has been at Nebraska.

Ohio State(4x),Va Tech(4x), Oregon(4x), Alabama(3x), Stanford(3x), Wisconsin(3x), LSU(2x), TCU(2x), Cincinnati(2x), Texas, Notre Dame, Florida , Oklahoma, Auburn, Louisville, NIU, KState, Michigan, W Virginia, Clemsom, Okie State, Arkansas, UCONN, Ga Tech, Iowa, Boise State, Utah, Penn State, Illinois, Kansas, Hawaii

See Kansas, Hawaii, Illinois, NIU in this list? I'll give you one guess what we so woefully have failed at.

The glaring absence of Nebraska from the above list is reason alone to fire him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% Bo gets fired no matter what

Tressel would be fantastic. Bring in Frost as kicker/coach in training for when Tress retires

I can live with this

:shocked:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's seat is hot. Real hot. His tape about the fans and his reaction about Tommie Frazier told me enough about the real him. I was a Bo Proponent before that. I was willing to take the 9 win seasons and hope for a break through. Not anymore.

I am sticking to my story, with the job openings at USC, possibly at Texas, possibly at Florida, how can Nebraska compete with those three schools in recruiting hotbeds? If the only job opening is USC, then Bo is terminated. If there are either two or three openings, Bo stays on until next year.

The exception to this is Jim Tressel. I know there are the vocals on here about no Jim Tressel, but how many millions do they give the school?
I agree with this. Unless of course SE has someone picked out that won't go to USC/Texas/Florida, but why wouldn't they if they are a good coach?

I said it in another thread, I'm very torn with Bo. If I ignore the turnovers and Punt Return team from Saturday, I loved the game we played, even with the end result being a 13 point loss. I could watch that type of game every week, win or lose.

But then I think about those TOs and that punt return team and it's the same crap we've had for years. This is stuff that should be fixed and I can only go back to one person and that's Bo. I just don't see these things getting better under him.

Now, we shouldn't lose to Penn State or Iowa, which means he's 9-3. That's a tough guy to fire. IF he loses to either, it makes the choice a lot easier.

In recap, I said absolutely nothing.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from a booster that we can afford up to 7.25 million for a coach, we just won't spend that much. (For those who say we can't compete with other big time programs in $) I also heard that Shawn Eichorst was considering bringing in Al Golden from Miami since they were buddies...but with Miami's recent blow out losses to FSU, VT, Duke...idk if I like that idea.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Unless of course SE has someone picked out that won't go to USC/Texas/Florida, but why wouldn't they if they are a good coach?

I said it in another thread, I'm very torn with Bo. If I ignore the turnovers and Punt Return team from Saturday, I loved the game we played, even with the end result being a 13 point loss. I could watch that type of game every week, win or lose.

But then I think about those TOs and that punt return team and it's the same crap we've had for years. This is stuff that should be fixed and I can only go back to one person and that's Bo. I just don't see these things getting better under him.

Now, we shouldn't lose to Penn State or Iowa, which means he's 9-3. That's a tough guy to fire. IF he loses to either, it makes the choice a lot easier.

In recap, I said absolutely nothing.

You realize Nebraska's a 2 pt Underdog @ Penn St right?

It's their Senior Day, It's their bowl game. They'll have 106,000 + in Beaver Stadium.

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just going to throw this out there, but what about Ed Orgeron? I like what he's done with USC and I doubt they keep him.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to throw this out there, but what about Ed Orgeron? I like what he's done with USC and I doubt they keep him.
-------
Not too sure that USC is going to let him go now.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have 9 wins every year but there is one important thing he does not have.

The following schools have enjoyed this thing in the 6 years he has been at Nebraska.

Ohio State(4x),Va Tech(4x), Oregon(4x), Alabama(3x), Stanford(3x), Wisconsin(3x), LSU(2x), TCU(2x), Cincinnati(2x), Texas, Notre Dame, Florida , Oklahoma, Auburn, Louisville, NIU, KState, Michigan, W Virginia, Clemsom, Okie State, Arkansas, UCONN, Ga Tech, Iowa, Boise State, Utah, Penn State, Illinois, Kansas, Hawaii

See Kansas, Hawaii, Illinois, NIU in this list? I'll give you one guess what we so woefully have failed at.

The glaring absence of Nebraska from the above list is reason alone to fire him.
-------
Bo's one consisitant is that he cannot win big games. There have been a couple of times where maybe the "losses" were out of his hands BUT all the big game losses with rare exception have been blowouts. At some point you have to look at his overall record and hope to see improvements in this direction--that just hasn't happened. If he wins out the last two games, he'll probably be allowed to stay. If not bye bye Bo.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

He might be an OK recruiter BUT. But I am not sure if he can be a head coach. He does not recognize good coaches. He is probably a very good defensive coach. Sound familiar?

What was his record at Ol Miss? 10-25 and 3-21 in the SEC. Do we really want that?

The only reason Orgeron is doing OK at USC is because USC is in California and gets four and five star talent because it is in California. Kiffin had no idea how to motivate the players, Orgeron might, but if he stays, USC will be an OK team, but not a great team like they should be with four and five star talent.

If you can prove otherwise, I am open to hear.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to be good again and not have to wait another 15 years. Whether it with Bo or not I don't even care

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season Nebraska had the 9th most wins over the last 5 years among BCS schools. That is not including new BCS schools like Utah and TCU. Just teams that were BCS schools that whole period from 2008-2012 (the time that Bo has been here).

Defenders of Bo keep saying, "9 plus wins every year" or "he has won 70% of his games".

Well I looked at the 16 winningest teams from 2008-2012. Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Florida, LSU, Ohio St, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma St, Nebraska, Stanford, Texas, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Florida St, USC, and Georgia.

Conference titles during that span:
Oregon- 3
Wisconsin- 3
Alabama- 2
Oklahoma- 2
Florida- 2
Ohio St- 2
Virginia Tech- 2
Cincinnati- 2
LSU- 1
Oklahoma St- 1
Stanford- 1
Texas- 1
Florida St- 1
USC- 1
Georgia- 0
Nebraska- 0

BCS games during that span:
Alabama- 4
Oregon- 4
Florida- 3
Ohio St- 3
Virginia Tech- 3
Stanford- 3
Wisconsin- 3
Oklahoma- 2
Texas- 2
Cincinnati- 2
LSU- 1
Oklahoma St- 1
Florida St- 1
USC- 1
Georgia- 0
Nebraska- 0

Wins vs ranked teams during that span (this includes 2013 as of Nov 17):
Alabama- 27
LSU- 22
Oklahoma- 20
Oregon- 19
Stanford- 17
Ohio St- 15
Florida- 11
Virginia Tech- 11
Oklahoma St- 11
Texas- 11
Florida St- 10
USC- 10
Georgia- 10
Wisconsin- 9
Nebraska- 8
Cincinnati- 7

Losses vs unranked teams during that span (this includes 2013 as of Nov 17):
Alabama- 0
Oregon- 3
LSU- 4
Oklahoma- 5
Ohio St- 5
Florida- 6
Texas- 6
Georgia- 6
Oklahoma St- 7
Wisconsin- 9
Nebraska- 9
Florida St- 11
USC- 12
Virginia Tech- 12
Stanford- 13
Cincinnati- 14

Amount of times they have lost by 20+ points during that span (this includes 2013 as of Nov 17):
Alabama- 0
Oregon- 1
Ohio St- 1
LSU- 3
Wisconsin- 3
Florida St- 3
Oklahoma- 4
Florida- 5
Virginia Tech- 5
Oklahoma St- 5
Stanford- 5
USC- 5
Georgia- 5
Texas- 7
Cincinnati- 8
Nebraska- 8

There are numerous different things we can look at and pick apart but at Nebraska we want wins, trophies, to beat the teams we are supposed to and not get embarrassed when we lose. A lot of that is not happening right now.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but we had a really cool hail mary....

Hahaha, well then I guess that settles it.

How is it that you guys say it? Huskers fer champs!!!!!

We will ignore that that Hail Mary was to beat a 4-4 team, on a 4 game losing streak, at home.