• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know Abdullah leaves for the draft if we fire Bo, right?

Hell Gregory might even.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbles Per Game

2013- 121st
2012- 119th
2011- 112th
2010- 120th
2009- 54th
2008- 114th

Just the youth en sech.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS KEEP BO SO PLAYERS DONT LEAVE AND COME BACK FOR 8-4 INSTEAD

Our D will be better... so will our O... We will probably have a great shot at making it back to Indy.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbles Per Game

2013- 121st
2012- 119th
2011- 112th
2010- 120th
2009- 54th
2008- 114th

Just the youth en sech.

Blows my fuckin mind.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like most of the players are still 100% behind Bo. I havent heard any comment differently but certainly there are a few who dont like him.

One thing I ve noticed in watching the MSU game is that the team played their collective asses off until the end, no let down or give up. Personally I see that as a good sign.

Regardless of what happens I think we will be much improved and I think we will most likely win the conference title next year. We will have alot of experience coming back and a pretty manageable schedule.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D will be better... so will our O... We will probably have a great shot at making it back to Indy.

Haven't we said that in past years though?

I could see it taking 6 games next season for the D to "figure it out".
I could see the Defense not developing any further from this point and actually regressing.
I could see the Offense regressing and continuing to be a turnover machine.
I could see the Special Teams continuing to be shit.

The future looks bright, but those trends leave a lot of doubt in Pelini and crew of putting the pieces together like an elite coach would.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like most of the players are still 100% behind Bo. I havent heard any comment differently but certainly there are a few who dont like him.

One thing I ve noticed in watching the MSU game is that the team played their collective asses off until the end, no let down or give up. Personally I see that as a good sign.

Regardless of what happens I think we will be much improved and I think we will most likely win the conference title next year. We will have alot of experience coming back and a pretty manageable schedule.

HWSNBN players were behind him as well.

"we will most likely win the conference title next year" :shocked:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we said that in past years though?

I could see it taking 6 games next season for the D to "figure it out".
I could see the Defense not developing any further from this point and actually regressing.
I could see the Offense regressing and continuing to be a turnover machine.
I could see the Special Teams continuing to be shit.

The future looks bright, but those trends leave a lot of doubt in Pelini and crew of putting the pieces together like an elite coach would.

my money says that we wont recognize all of the coaches next season. If they allow Bo to stay I would guess that he will be instructed to make a few changes in his staff.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my money says that we wont recognize all of the coaches next season. If they allow Bo to stay I would guess that he will be instructed to make a few changes in his staff.

I've run out of hope that he would do it without having to be told.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've run out of hope that he would do it without having to be told.

I doubt he would, he is a proud man and he has flaws.
He isnt the idiot that most would have me believe though.

Here is my prediction, If Bo is fired , he will take a team to the playoffs before our next coach does.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings are if Bo needs to be told to make changes in his staff, he should go the way of HWSNBN.

As a HC (CEO) he should be able to evaluate on his own.

T.O. didn't tell HWSNBN to make changes. He also said he would not interfere in Bo's system like Devaney (AD/former HC) didn't interfere in his. He would only give advice if asked.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is my prediction, If Bo is fired , he will take a team to the playoffs before our next coach does.

Wow Lou

Pretty bold.

I don't think Bo gets a lateral move. I'd think a low level AQ or non AQ at best.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My gripe isn't anything to do with Bo personally, it's with the HC of our team, in the generic sense, thats not getting it done. I do like some of the things Bo can do but it doesn't override the bigger issues. A couple years straight with the same problems could be left to chance, 6 years is a bonafide trend, like RA says.
We can't clean the house and leave the biggest mess right in the middle. I do like what some of the coaches can do, but if they all end up on the block so be it. There's not one single coach that's not partially at fault here in the whole train wreck

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Lou

Pretty bold.

I don't think Bo gets a lateral move. I'd think a low level AQ or non AQ at best.

I m not a guru or anything, but I would think a team like Southern Miss or Kentucky.NC State etc would give the left cheek of their ass for a coach with his record, and although I dont think he does a good job of recruiting here, he would probably fair better in the south.

Im almost sure of it.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
papalou---We said the same thing about this year...at least about winning the division. Didn't happen. I too believe we'll be better on both sides of the ball next year BUT that doesn' translate to more victories at least not with Bo's track record.

And FYI, do you think any player (espeically the starters) in their right minds would openly NOT support Pelini? Even now? They'll say all the right things until Bo is gone.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
-------
papalou---We said the same thing about this year...at least about winning the division. Didn't happen. I too believe we'll be better on both sides of the ball next year BUT that doesn' translate to more victories at least not with Bo's track record.

And FYI, do you think any player (espeically the starters) in their right minds would openly NOT support Pelini? Even now? They'll say all the right things until Bo is gone.

There are alot of guys playing on Sundays right now that would have nothing to lose by saying what they felt and the only ex huskers that have openly complained about him so far didnt play for him.

I think they love him down there.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Well, I truly hope you were saying that sarcastically.