• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That schedule is ridiculously easy, only Wisconsin is a tough game. MSU is beatable, and so is Miami...but if we have Pelini at helm...I could see us dropping a bunch of games we shouldn't.

I don't think it's an easy schedule, and it certainly isn't an easy schedule for Pelini. I don't know what Fresno St. has coming back, but that looks like a loss, along with Miami, Mich. St., Wiscy, and very possibly Northwestern, or the bowl game. Again, I see 5 losses with our current staff.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Nebraska's a 2 pt Underdog @ Penn St right?

It's their Senior Day, It's their bowl game. They'll have 106,000 + in Beaver Stadium.
Too be honest, I kinda hope they are right. It would certainly get me past this feeling of wanting to keep Bo. But i just don't see it. I'd bet money on the Huskers to win (not just cover). Husker D is playing better. If we double team Robinson and stop the run, I don't see them having a lot of success against our D. The offense even with injuries should score some points.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I find it funny when they say 106,000+ and they think it's all PSU fans. They kept saying that during the Michigan game, "here come the 112,000 boos". Dude, when I saw a picture of the stands it looked like quite a few Huskers got tickets. I'm pretty sure they weren't booing. Sure it's probably not that big to most people, but it just bothers me that they don't even recognize that other fans are in the stadium except the home teams.

oh, and the away team gets a guaranteed 3000 seats in the Big 10, so you might as well cut that proportion out.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll continue to pull for Nebraska to win even though under Pelini I know a ten win season isn't likely this season.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I find it funny when they say 106,000+ and they think it's all PSU fans. They kept saying that during the Michigan game, "here come the 112,000 boos". Dude, when I saw a picture of the stands it looked like quite a few Huskers got tickets. I'm pretty sure they weren't booing. Sure it's probably not that big to most people, but it just bothers me that they don't even recognize that other fans are in the stadium except the home teams.

oh, and the away team gets a guaranteed 3000 seats in the Big 10, so you might as well cut that proportion out.

I bet PSU will have 95k fans pulling for them. Can you imagine how loud it will get every time TA fumbles or throws a pick? Holy shit!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we have different players coming and going, yet the same old problems still persist, penalty's, turnovers, poor tackling, no development of backups. According to the media and sympathizers this week that's all the players fault. Poor coaches

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we have different players coming and going, yet the same old problems still persist, penalty's, turnovers, poor tackling, no development of backups. According to the media and sympathizers this week that's all the players fault. Poor coaches

Which media? Locally that doesn't seem to be the sentiment.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locally, every article Ive read and multiple threads on BBS boards note "Poor Execution" "Can't blame this on the coaches" to be the culprit

We don't have any National media anymore unless it's negative

McKewon: Good scheme, but poor execution hurt Huskers again - Omaha.com

Oh. I don't read OWH much anymore other than Shatel. Apparently Sam hasn't looked at where Nebraska's been ranked in fumbles for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Different players, same results.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The radio has been an entirely different scenario for a while now.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many other teams nationwide have experienced the continual undisciplined bullshit that we see almost every week with Nebraska? The players can't be blamed every week for this crap.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I don't read OWH much anymore other than Shatel. Apparently Sam hasn't looked at where Nebraska's been ranked in fumbles for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Different players, same results.

Some view the MSU game as that we stayed in it right to the end, in spite of everything. Me, it's quite the contrary, if we'd been playing a team like CUM they'd hung up 70+ on us in a heartbeat. We gave up 40+ as is to the second worst offense in the Big with a garbage TD at the end to make it seem like the game was closer. It's mind boggling to think after 5 years of multiple games like that people are still searching for a reason why.
I may as well been watching (pick any dbl digit loss since 2010) talk about dejavu

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some view the MSU game as that we stayed in it right to the end, in spite of everything. Me, it's quite the contrary, if we'd been playing a team like CUM they'd hung up 70+ on us in a heartbeat. We gave up 40+ as is to the second worst offense in the Big with a garbage TD at the end to make it seem like the game was closer. It's mind boggling to think after 5 years of multiple games like that people are still searching for a reason why.
I may as well been watching (pick any dbl digit loss since 2010) talk about dejavu

This is true, and I recently had some nut blame Nebraska for not being very good, when I made a legitimate comparison of a game from the past in which a much better team was beaten by an inferior team with the help of a half a dozen turnovers, very similar to what we witnessed last Saturday. The nimrod said my comparison was irrelevant because he didn't agree with my comparison! Wow!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, and I recently had some nut blame Nebraska for not being very good, when I made a legitimate comparison of a game from the past in which a much better team was beaten by an inferior team with the help of a half a dozen turnovers, very similar to what we witnessed last Saturday. The nimrod said my comparison was irrelevant because he didn't agree with my comparison! Wow!

The same people get selected for jury duty, and are sure to vote every election day

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like T.O. said when explaining why he was firing HWSNBN.

Not an exact quote, but...They've got the players and problems appear to be systematic. You can't put your finger on it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO!!! So that's what your obsession is about?

baby-monitor-crying-modern-family.gif

Don't anybody disagree with zorbie lest you want to be followed from thread to thread and be pestered by a gnat.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same people get selected for jury duty, and are sure to vote every election day

He's referring to me. He made a comparison that NU's loss to Michigan St being the same as an Oklahoma loss to Kansas decades ago.

There are so many differences in the scenarios it's silly.

For one Oklahoma was a NC caliber team 'highly favored' over an abysmal Kansas team. OU lost. The underdog won.

On Saturday, Michigan St was the favored team (1 TD), with a better record. Nebraska (the underdog) had all the turnovers. The underdog lost.

It's completely opposite of OU/Kansas.

Yeah...Sounds like a good comparison to me. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's referring to me. He made a comparison that NU's loss to Michigan St being the same as an Oklahoma loss to Kansas decades ago.

There are so many differences in the scenarios it's silly.

For one Oklahoma was a NC caliber team 'highly favored' over an abysmal Kansas team. OU lost.

On Saturday, Michigan St was the favored team, with a better record. Nebraska (the underdog) had all the turnovers.

It's completely opposite of OU/Kansas.

Yeah...Sounds like a good comparison to me. :lol:

Aye

I'm referring to our multiple yearly bad beats strictly, I can think of a few right off that were pert near identicle to Sat

If there were odds on such a thing we could all be millionaires