• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Well, I truly hope you were saying that sarcastically.

I honestly feel that way 472. In my opinion he isnt doing too bad of a job. And I see all the bad crap too but we could be a heck of a lot worse off right now.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are alot of guys playing on Sundays right now that would have nothing to lose by saying what they felt and the only ex huskers that have openly complained about him so far didnt play for him.

I think they love him down there.
-------
Truthfully? I think they fear him down there. Even the players aren't stupid. If you've been in a system for 3-4 years and see the same crap happening every year, after investing that much time in a system, you're not going to transfer although many have. You don't see these types of collapses over and over and suggest that the players hoestly think Bo knows what he's doing. I've never said Pelini is stupid, I just think he's in way over his head as a HC because his teams always underperform. And in the same embarressing ways.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Truthfully? I think they fear him down there. Even the players aren't stupid. If you've been in a system for 3-4 years and see the same crap happening every year, after investing that much time in a system, you're not going to transfer although many have. You don't see these types of collapses over and over and suggest that the players hoestly think Bo knows what he's doing. I've never said Pelini is stupid, I just think he's in way over his head as a HC because his teams always underperform. And in the same embarressing ways.

I think his biggest mistake was his choice of a defensive coordinator. The first half of the season (when the o line was healthy) our offense was rolling with or without Taylor. Yes I realize we were playing subpar teams minus UCLA, but we were rolling.

Had our defense been up to snuff at that time I say we would have been a confident enough team to be undefeated right now. I also believe that Papuchis was running the defense this season until we lost to the Gophers.

for the record I think our losses this season with the exception of MSU were embarrassing
I dont know man , I m probably way off here but I really like our chances with Bo.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel that way 472. In my opinion he isnt doing too bad of a job. And I see all the bad crap too but we could be a heck of a lot worse off right now.

Oh dear god!!!!! What a defeatist attitude.

So when someone is punching me in the face I should just sit there and say, "ah hell, it could be a heck of a lot worse right now."

When Billy C was here, aw hell, it could have been a heck of a lot worse.

I don't know why anyone ever gets fired. It could be a heck of a lot worse.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.....

Do you guys think mediocrity would continue year after year if Bo stayed here for 10 more years?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2015 is going to be a special season if Bo stays....

I think we are a bunch of spoiled fans, including myself.....we want perfection right this instant.

Interestingly enough, the 2 best coaches in College Football currently (Urban and Saban) took a lifetime to actually rise above mediocrity. In fact, most great coaches took a long time.

The sports werld we live in today is different though. We expect miracles right now.......it aint gonna happen. I believe Bo will succeed given time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the exceptions to that rule is Chip Kelly at Oregon.....

He had success immediately.....

But he cheated. And he had Nike at his side.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Michigan State game differently than most people....

Most people want to lump it in with all the other terrible losses we've had in the past. I don't think it belongs there.

We came limping into this game and were forced to play a ton of young guys. If we had Taylor for this game, for instance, we probably win.......

However, the positive to take from all of this is that those young guys who made a bunch of mistakes on Saturday are going to grow from this experience. The future is bright.....on both sides of the ball. The Defense really has a chance to become a formidable unit.

The gameplan was fine Saturday. The preparation was fine. The injuries and youth hurt us.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody's gonna change anybody's opinion at this point en sech.. just gotta see what happens in December

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm gonna take some lumps for this.......especially since I was calling for Bo's head earlier in the season.....

I've just had a change of heart. I woke up and spelled thee coffee.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm gonna take some lumps for this.......especially since I was calling for Bo's head earlier in the season.....

I've just had a change of heart. I woke up and spelled thee coffee.

post-24030-mark-wahlberg-confused-speechl-K41O.gif

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO!!! So that's what your obsession is about?

baby-monitor-crying-modern-family.gif

Don't anybody disagree with zorbie lest you want to be followed from thread to thread and be pestered by a gnat.

I've had a lot of people disagree with me about things here, but when some asshole calls a good post of mine irrelevant, I guess I can call it a bunch of BS.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that if TM was healthy Sat playing we would have won, we were tearing that #1 rush D Avg 45yds per/gm a new asshole

Next year our front 7 should be better, our secondary is going to be hurting without CE and SJB, there's always some position that's behind from poor recruiting every year

Hypothetical, A-if Bo were to fire the entire coaching staff, that he personally selected, and hired all new, that he would have to personally select. VS B-New proven HC with same exact staff (save Poop)
- which scenario would have more success?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've just had a change of heart. I woke up and spilled thee coffee.

:clap:

Welcome back JJM
:suds:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's referring to me. He made a comparison that NU's loss to Michigan St being the same as an Oklahoma loss to Kansas decades ago.

There are so many differences in the scenarios it's silly.

For one Oklahoma was a NC caliber team 'highly favored' over an abysmal Kansas team. OU lost. The underdog won.

On Saturday, Michigan St was the favored team (1 TD), with a better record. Nebraska (the underdog) had all the turnovers. The underdog lost.

It's completely opposite of OU/Kansas.

Yeah...Sounds like a good comparison to me. :lol:

Well motherfucker, I knew it wasn't a perfect comparison, and it didn't have to be either, but I posted it to just make a point about how a team can be better and fumble a ton of times, yet still lose, just like OU did against KU back in 1975. Obviously you are too stupid to see that Nebraska was the better team and that MSU won because they played "FUMBLE FREE" football.