• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, the B1G Championship game was about a 5 foot tall speed bump and we hit it going around 100mph......

But it didn't tip the wagon over

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be back that we all know

as will the 3-4 losses and excuses for those losses.....

I don't know that.

He doesn't sound like someone who knows for sure. "If they don't want me around" yada yada

If he doesn't know, how could we know?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether we lose or not on Friday, Bo is back.

It is a guarantee. I don't care what any booster or any other fan tells me for that matter.

Using common sense, Eichorst is not dumb enough to fire Bo at this point. It just wouldn't be logical.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I would NOT follow JJM around the money market en sech. I think its possible JJM has added a little too much shuuugar & alki-hall ta his kool-aide.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't felt this positive about the direction of Nebraska Football since the Solich days.....

There is something unexplainable here that I don't blame everyone else for not seeing. I see it though, and I feel more confident now than I have since Pelini was hired. I will no doubt eat my crow if it all goes down the drain, but it won't.

It started with a great win at Penn State, and will continue on Friday. I'm so excited for this game dadburnit
-------
JJM-And yet there are many of us that have that same gut feeling about Pelini and company not being the right team to take us forward. Even the comments from Beck about fan response are way off. And this goes back to the mindset of Bo when he made those remarks about fans. And I don't think either coach gets it. No one is booiing the team, what's being booed is the product being produced and that falls soley on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

I also agree with what blackflag mentioned--Why are we plaing so many freshman? From about 1980 on (that I can remember) Nebraska didn't "rebuild" we "reloaded". Did we have the same results as Saban is doing now? Of course not--we never got the recruiting talent he's getting BUT we seldom saw much of a dropoff in the wins/losses. (Ususally two at the most). We haven't even seen a two loss season under Bo. Hasn't even been close.

I look at our team now as a hospital patient who after six years still hasn't come out of a coma. The doctor tells the family--"This is as good as it gets". And that's where we are with our 9-win seasons.

GBR

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo's job is safe. Unfortunately.

If he gets the axe I'd love to see the Huskers hire Pat Narduzzi away from Sparty.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The little boosters can back out if they want...........

The big boys will not. They will not threaten to leave until the wheels actually come off. Shit, we haven't even suffered a flat tire yet during the Bo Pelini era. Just a couple bumps in the road here and there.

define a couple of bumps?
wisky Michigan n osu have each put 50+ on us
lost to minny.
Nwestern games all have come to the wire
1-3 CC game visit.
The indy massacre!
ucla sweep
PSU games have been close all 3 years which is sad

I like your pride and enthusiasm but we can't ignore the warning signs. When win it takes everything for us to get the win. When we lose its ugly

the blowout losses and big game flops say that the staff doesn't learn or prepare these guys. we're better than this well show us!!!

I'm still gonna be hype tomorrow as always I'm just wishing we could be in indy and playing better ball I've lower my standard I'm not gonna lower em to mediocre level

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for some of the coaches comments I'm gonna say this. only about 5% of husker fans have Unreasonable expectations. The rest simply want the best and for us to seize the opportunity when it presents itself .

want to talk about fans look at how many came to the minny game to see Nebraska get punched around. Every time we lose we hear the same "goals are still there" speech. then the msu game where we would have won if not for the turnover but hey almost and shoulda coulda don't mean much.

Nebraska has the most loyal fans. because no matter what road home or bowl game we show up and support. no matter what. If the fans are your Issue or are too much go somewhere else where home games look like spring games or scrimmages. even tho I have my own opinion about bo I'll still watch and support and cheer when we do well. I screamed like a teenage girl when the hail mary happen I was so happy for the players and Kellogg who will forever be remembered because of that play.

GBR beat Iowa!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our game tomorrow is going to be a VERY tough game. I sure hope turnovers are kept to as close to zero as possible, otherwise Nebraska WILL get beat.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for some of the coaches comments I'm gonna say this. only about 5% of husker fans have Unreasonable expectations. The rest simply want the best and for us to seize the opportunity when it presents itself .

want to talk about fans look at how many came to the minny game to see Nebraska get punched around. Every time we lose we hear the same "goals are still there" speech. then the msu game where we would have won if not for the turnover but hey almost and shoulda coulda don't mean much.

Nebraska has the most loyal fans. because no matter what road home or bowl game we show up and support. no matter what. If the fans are your Issue or are too much go somewhere else where home games look like spring games or scrimmages. even tho I have my own opinion about bo I'll still watch and support and cheer when we do well. I screamed like a teenage girl when the hail mary happen I was so happy for the players and Kellogg who will forever be remembered because of that play.

GBR beat Iowa!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No. The number is way higher than that. I would bet it is closer 60% or more. Just look around this board as a sample group.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What actually sparked this change in view for me was an argument that I got into with a booster recently. First off, this guy has season tickets and hasn't been to a single game for 3 years because he refuses to until we return to greatness.....so already I wanted to punch his lights out.

After hearing his argument, however, I realized how invalid it all is. I also realized that this team is changing......there is something different.

If they beat Iowa tomorrow, you may be onto something here. Iowa will be very tough to beat.

If Nebraska does the same bullshit that they do when playing fairly tough competition, turnovers and penalties up the ass, it's going to be a long afternoon.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now, the B1G Championship game was about a 5 foot tall speed bump and we hit it going around 100mph......

But it didn't tip the wagon over

Boy I'll say that was a speed bump! The defensive display that night was worse than any of the Cosgrove defensive displays we had witnessed, mainly because this was in a conference championship setting.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they beat Iowa tomorrow, you may be onto something here. Iowa will be very tough to beat.

If Nebraska does the same bullshit that they do when playing fairly tough competition, turnovers and penalties up the ass, it's going to be a long afternoon.

Right again!

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question:

Do you think Bo actually wants to be at Nebraska or do you think he would just be impartial if he was let go? To me it seems like having your job security brought up every single year would get old and you'd just want to say "this isn't worth it anymore". I'm not defending Bo, but you've gotta assume that he's thinking to himself there has to be other jobs out there where I would actually be desired and wanted.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he minds coaching here, I just think he absolutely hates being a head coach. Not every good football coach is cut out for being the head man.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo leaving Nebraska though? Willfully? Not a chance. Like that article said though, he does keep daring them to fire him.