• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about insane. and ALSO talk about a guy who's has no resolve whatsoever...

i would think the guy's gonna have a VERY hard time living this one down...
Yea I agree. I wonder what jokes guys around the league are gonna have after reading about the grown man sleep over. :grouphug:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade's 33 and Irving's 23. Wade has been to 5 NBA Finals in his career and has a ton of mileage on his body. Irving doesn't. We've only started talking about Wade's injury issues since he was 30/31.

But people forget that Wade only played 50 games in his 4th and 5th year. His early years actually bring down his average

It doesn't mean there's no reason to worry about Kyrie... was just pointing out that there's plenty of example of people missing a lot of games early in their career... and then paying a bunch of full season.

Heck... even Jordan missed a ton of games early on.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to be in the room...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be so sure its not selfish - because without DeAndre there was speculation they would go in the tank- and it doesnt make sense to sign mathews to a 60M contract if your best course of action is going in the tank...Cuban honestly might have wanted mathews to walk away if you gave him truth serum---same thing with Riley and mcbob last year
That's not what it is. Matthews is still hurt, the Mav's could easily ''tank'' and keep Matthews by letting him sit out the whole year. The money doesn't scare Cuban, this is a guy that used to match every fine that Stern gave him and send it to a different charity just to show him a $1 million fine to a Billionaire is like buying a set of tires for most people

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....Beasley will be playing overseas I would imagine...no one wants a power forward that plays no defense and cant shoot.

I'll agree with the D comment, but CAN'T SHOOT?
% wasn't great last year, but he wasn't used properly because our rotations were so screwed up.
He was on almost every possession coming out to set a high pick/screen, then delegated to stand in the corner.

His nickname is "buckets", and you sure could have used some buckets when the Warriors would make those huge runs against you're 6 man rotation.

And as far as Shane's Mike Miller comment....good luck to you with him next year.
Maybe Gilbert can fire someone who does the laundry so Mike has something to do?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... do the confidence trick like that guy at the draft did.

I always say you won't get what you're afraid to ask or try for.
IMO,there is no reason to not try stuff like that when the worst that can happen is if you get caught and are asked to leave.
I'm not saying stalk or intrude, but sneak in is OK.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... funny joke... but I doubt the NBA will like that kind of joke... especially with the David West / Tim Duncan stuff going on

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... funny joke... but I doubt the NBA will like that kind of joke... especially with the David West / Tim Duncan stuff going on

Another tweet says he pulled the $20 back. NBA, what a bunch of boring fucks.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron signing with the Cavs. Big surprise. Two year deal, 2nd year option.
Stevie Wonder saw this coming. How does he only sign for 2 years but the other key players are in for the next 5 years? What a leader.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevie Wonder saw this coming. How does he only sign for 2 years but the other key players are in for the next 5 years? What a leader.

Keeping that stranglehold on Gilbert.

$23 mil for this season. Gonna be a huge number next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam Amico ‏@AmicoHoops 9m9 minutes ago

Per ESPN, LeBron James signing 2-year contract with Cavs: $22.97 million for 1st year, $24 million for 2nd. Player option in 2nd year.

Bron officially back in! and still no thompson signing...hmmm....looks like LeBron gave up that leverage unlike what a bunch of haters would have you htink, lol

just so pumped to have Love/Kyrie/LeBron with such a solid contingent or role players, an owner willing to spend, and a team that will be able to grow together for the foreseeable future!

kudos to Griff- the guy behind the scenes who has orchestrated a lot of this and doesnt get near the credit he deserves....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea i'm sure he'd like for everyone to believe the sole reason is money however I think differently. his actions say two things to me that could also be the reason. A) He isn't as confident in this roster as most Cavs fans here are and B) He wants to be the only core player with options after next season if this team implodes.

Most people called Kobe selfish in terms of his salaries over the years but at least he fully committed for multiple years each time. LBJ is trying to get as much money as the system will allow with the least amount of commitment. :hmm:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron signing with the Cavs. Big surprise. Two year deal, 2nd year option.

No opt out next summer?
That's shocking.
I guess he figures there will be no $$ to spend next summer, so really no gun to hold to Gilbert's head during FA.