• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progress to you means that its ok that he played more games before he was injured?

You guys are talking like he should play backup minutes.
Its not going to happen.
Once the game starts, players want to win and compete there hardest.
A coach is going to go with his best in almost any situation when the games on the line.
Best case scenario is blowouts, so they can all rest, but by just the nature of the games it doesn't happen as often as you would think.

I am especially talking during the last portion of the season, especially in a scenario if they have the #1 locked up or something. And yes, blowouts can be where he gets rest. All we can do is wait for the season and see how it goes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the radio and realized a deal was never going to happen before the moratorium ended. Trades really RARELY RARELY happen because everything is so potentially fluid

and think about it- guys agree to free agent deals with teams that might not even have the room yet- or JUST enough room to sign them- and then they go and seek guys like Haywood to make the signing happen or give the team flexibility. REally today is the first day that a Haywood deal would realistically happen- something i really did not realize until recently.

Lets see. Heck- if they just resign Smith they might be done without Haywood- but I guess we shall see...I mean shit- we are already freaking loaded and bringing back a team that dominated the league once it was put together.

Is there a new trophy for "dominating the league"?
upload_2015-7-9_11-17-32.jpeg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the radio and realized a deal was never going to happen before the moratorium ended. Trades really RARELY RARELY happen because everything is so potentially fluid

and think about it- guys agree to free agent deals with teams that might not even have the room yet- or JUST enough room to sign them- and then they go and seek guys like Haywood to make the signing happen or give the team flexibility. REally today is the first day that a Haywood deal would realistically happen- something i really did not realize until recently.

Lets see. Heck- if they just resign Smith they might be done without Haywood- but I guess we shall see...I mean shit- we are already freaking loaded and bringing back a team that dominated the league once it was put together.

A darkhorse is Kevin Martin, but I think Minny wants to keep him now that they have pieces around him and Wiggins.
I also heard the Crawford deals is unlikely now since DAJ is back.
If they get a good SF or wing guy, I wouldnt mind getting JR back but it depends on what type of player we get. If it is a just a good scorer off the bench fine, but if it is a Crawford type of player we dont need JR too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am especially talking during the last portion of the season, especially in a scenario if they have the #1 locked up or something. And yes, blowouts can be where he gets rest. All we can do is wait for the season and see how it goes.

I'm all for not further talking about injuries until they actually happen.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not trying to stir up the shit storm again, but does it not concern you at all that the kid is only 23 and you're already talking about managing his minutes? That talk doesn't normally start until a player is in his 30's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to stir up the shit storm again, but does it not concern you at all that the kid is only 23 and you're already talking about managing his minutes? That talk doesn't normally start until a player is in his 30's.

Not really. Like I said he is progressing and playing a lot of minutes. The fact he is a slasher type of player, injuries happen. Westbrook, Rose, etc. He will have injuries, but as long as they have depth behind him they can manage his minutes at the right time. Nothing wrong with that at the moment, why wear him down at 23 like Rose.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that shit gets old quick. I dont care about the Kyrie talk bc he has had issues but the Lebron shit is just getting annoying. "He is due for an injury" or "It will catch up to him" :L

I'll even agree that nobody is due for anything, but he has defied the odds for along time...AND I said the same thing when he was here.
Don't make it a 'wish' thing of just a 'Cavs' thing, because that is inaccurate.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell did the Heat get Gerald Green at the minimum? Are you kidding me? There are a dozen teams that would've done that deal in a heartbeat

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Haywood is going to be traded it will be some time between tomorrow and the start of the season. Might even stretch out to the trade deadline when his expiring deal may be even more valuable.

This year, we also need to see what the fallout from the DeAndre Drama is as some trades were made/agreed to prior to that happening. There is some talk that the Mavs may try to work a trade for Hibbert even though the Lakers and Pacers are said to be finalizing the details on a Hibbert trade.

no....his deal becomes guaranteed on August 1st- a deal has to happen before then.

Its just not an expiring contract Trojan. Its nonguaranteed---- for example- say the Lakers signed Aldridge and needed room to sign DeAndre Jordan but were like 6million short.

They trade Swaggy P and a first rounder to Cleveland for Haywood unguaranteed deal- and immediately waive Haywood since his contract is not guaranteed until August 1- thus getting the extra cap room.

That is what is in play right now. If he is not dealt by August 1 the Cavs will just cut him as its not worth it just having an expiring deal. --the fact that it is non guaranteed and ESPECIALLY because it is a nonguaranteed contract worth 10M is what makse it so attractive- that does not happen often.

next time consult LAD- im sure she understands all of these fluently, lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see what Cuban has to say about what happened. I can't decide which is the bigger bitch move. DJ changing his mind like that or the Clippers babysitting him to keep Cuban away from his house. Either way, both DJ and the Clippers have pretty well destroyed any credibility they had.

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm actually on Cuban's side on this and I hate that guy.

And props to Wes Matthews for honoring his commitment even though Cuban said he wouldn't hold him to it.
I thought it was a stand up move by Cuban to offer an out to Matthews after Jordan backed out

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus it is Cavs fans on a sports thread saying limit minutes.
Has anyone associated with who makes that decision ever indicated they want to go in that direction?
Anyone can get hurt on any play.
Is there any indication to think his injury occurred because he played to long vs just twisting something or banging something that could have happened in the first minute of the game?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban messaged Mavericks fans through his preferred form of communication, the app Cyberdust, where he confirmed reports that he hadn’t spoken to DeAndre Jordan before Jordan reneged on his agreement to go to Dallas to stay in Los Angeles on Wednesday night. “To this minute, I have not heard anything from him since Tuesday night,” he wrote. The Mavericks owner said he offered to let Wesley Matthews out of his verbal agreement with no hard feelings after the Jordan news, but that Matthews was staying with his commitment to Dallas. “Wes Matthews is the exact type of player we want in a Mavs uniform and our fans will love him,” he said.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell did the Heat get Gerald Green at the minimum? Are you kidding me? There are a dozen teams that would've done that deal in a heartbeat

Funny thing is, I heard, he was next in line for Cuban after DJ.
And I agree, it looks like a steal for the Heat.

One thing that will never change is the appeal to not pay state taxes, the winter month weather, and South Beach being 10 minutes form the arena.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll even agree that nobody is due for anything, but he has defied the odds for along time...AND I said the same thing when he was here.
Don't make it a 'wish' thing of just a 'Cavs' thing, because that is inaccurate.

This is true. I remember you saying, especially over the last 3 years with the Heat, that you hoped this wasn't the season when his luck re: his health finally ran out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no....his deal becomes guaranteed on August 1st- a deal has to happen before then.

Its just not an expiring contract Trojan. Its nonguaranteed---- for example- say the Lakers signed Aldridge and needed room to sign DeAndre Jordan but were like 6million short.

They trade Swaggy P and a first rounder to Cleveland for Haywood unguaranteed deal- and immediately waive Haywood since his contract is not guaranteed until August 1- thus getting the extra cap room.

That is what is in play right now. If he is not dealt by August 1 the Cavs will just cut him as its not worth it just having an expiring deal. --the fact that it is non guaranteed and ESPECIALLY because it is a nonguaranteed contract worth 10M is what makse it so attractive- that does not happen often.

next time consult LAD- im sure she understands all of these fluently, lol.

Oh, okay. Didn't realize his deal wasn't guaranteed until August 1st. That definitely changes things.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a stand up move by Cuban to offer an out to Matthews after Jordan backed out

Me too and it pisses me off to have to say something nice about him. :lol:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A darkhorse is Kevin Martin, but I think Minny wants to keep him now that they have pieces around him and Wiggins.
I also heard the Crawford deals is unlikely now since DAJ is back.
If they get a good SF or wing guy, I wouldnt mind getting JR back but it depends on what type of player we get. If it is a just a good scorer off the bench fine, but if it is a Crawford type of player we dont need JR too.

JR should be attainable, he seems to be drawing 0 interest as a FA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too and it pisses me off to have to say something nice about him. :lol:
dont be so sure its not selfish - because without DeAndre there was speculation they would go in the tank- and it doesnt make sense to sign mathews to a 60M contract if your best course of action is going in the tank...Cuban honestly might have wanted mathews to walk away if you gave him truth serum---same thing with Riley and mcbob last year