• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the draft lottery, So it's probably time for a thread for draft/free agency speculation, rumors, etc. Should be an interesting draft and interesting off-season in general.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lottery Odds:

52nret.png

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article I read. The Heat will have either the number 10, 3, 2, 1 pick. If the Heat getting called at 11-15, the pick goes to the 76ers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article I read. The Heat will have either the number 10, 3, 2, 1 pick. If the Heat getting called at 11-15, the pick goes to the 76ers.

I will be so nervous for those first 5 minutes

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost hoping that the Pistons don't win in the lottery. The guys worth a top pick are centers and would be redundant with Drummond. Where they need help, at the SF and PF, are a number of guys, but none I would take in the top 3; they are much better at the 8 slot where the Pistons will likely be drafting. I guess if they win they can trade down and get another player a good pick still.

Come on Stanley Johnson:pray::hope:

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost hoping that the Pistons don't win in the lottery. The guys worth a top pick are centers and would be redundant with Drummond. Where they need help, at the SF and PF, are a number of guys, but none I would take in the top 3; they are much better at the 8 slot where the Pistons will likely be drafting. I guess if they win they can trade down and get another player a good pick still.

Not sold on KCP?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the draft lottery, So it's probably time for a thread for draft/free agency speculation, rumors, etc. Should be an interesting draft and interesting off-season in general.

Big day for the Lakers tomorrow. For the next month or so, we get to either discuss who they should draft with their top-5 pick or we get to bitch and moan at the front office for Steve Nash.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in the first FA rumor, it looks like trouble in Clipperland.

Apparently, there is a rift or personality conflict between CP3 and DeAndre Jordan that is big enough that it may cause the Clippers to lose Jordan in free agency. It's rumored that CP3 may even be trying to force him out.

It seems CP3 has some Kobe in him as far as berating teammates and expecting them to take everything as seriously as he does and it isn't sitting well with DeAndre. The guy I heard talking about is a local radio guy who alluded to it a couple of months or so ago, but didn't elaborate. He said he's been looking into it for several months, but only nailed it down over the past week or so.

If the Clippers lose Jordan, they are deep, deep trouble at the center position. They can re-sign DeAndre to a max deal if they want because he's their FA. But if they lose him, they will only be able to sign a replacement to a league minimum/mid-level exception type deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big day for the Lakers tomorrow. For the next month or so, we get to either discuss who they should draft with their top-5 pick or we get to bitch and moan at the front office for Steve Nash.

As a Lakers fan, I'm not sure how we're supposed to act. Are we supposed to have a "lottery party" and invite friends over? Get drunk and hope for the best? Just sit quietly at home and watch? Not watch at all?

Very confusing this lottery thing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in the first FA rumor, it looks like trouble in Clipperland.

Apparently, there is a rift or personality conflict between CP3 and DeAndre Jordan that is big enough that it may cause the Clippers to lose Jordan in free agency. It's rumored that CP3 may even be trying to force him out.

It seems CP3 has some Kobe in him as far as berating teammates and expecting them to take everything as seriously as he does and it isn't sitting well with DeAndre. The guy I heard talking about is a local radio guy who alluded to it a couple of months or so ago, but didn't elaborate. He said he's been looking into it for several months, but only nailed it down over the past week or so.

If the Clippers lose Jordan, they are deep, deep trouble at the center position. They can re-sign DeAndre to a max deal if they want because he's their FA. But if they lose him, they will only be able to sign a replacement to a league minimum/mid-level exception type deal.

$54.2 mil committed to CP3, Blake, Redick, Hawes, and Wilcox. Glenn definitely has some work do to. No doubt losing Jordan would hurt. I think the ball is in Jordan's court. Getting a max salary offer from the Clippers is practically guaranteed given Ballmer's deep pockets.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, I'm not sure how we're supposed to act. Are we supposed to have a "lottery party" and invite friends over? Get drunk and hope for the best? Just sit quietly at home and watch? Not watch at all?

It won't be a fun evening on the stage for Byron if the pick falls out of the top 5. Because of that possibility, I thought Mitch or Jimmy should be representing the Lakers. They made the Nash trade.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Warrior fan, let me fill you in on what to expect:

1) Watch the draft lottery and just hope that you don't fall any spots from your projected landing spot.
2) Spend months researching who you could potentially pick and why it would be a great fit.
3) Watch your management skip over all rational picks, and select Adonal Foyle, Todd Fuller, Ike Diogu, Patrick O'Bryant, Anthony Randolph, Ekpe Udoh and try for the longest time to rationalize why it was a great pick.
4) Continually vomit at the selection process and keep hoping for management turnover.
5) Rinse...Repeat.

Or it could go the other way:
1) Read for months how you're going to select Jordan Hill.
2) Team selecting before you makes the insane decision to draft Jonny Flynn. Pretty much force your team to take the next guy and not give them a chance to screw it up.
3) Profit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sit in the dark with a glass of brandy in hand and a cigar in the other:

15896974-Macho-man-in-a-stylish-tuxedo-sitting-in-the-darkness-at-a-nightclub-puffing-on-a-cigar-and-drinking-Stock-Photo.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$54.2 mil committed to CP3, Blake, Redick, Hawes, and Wilcox. Glenn definitely has some work do to. No doubt losing Jordan would hurt. I think the ball is in Jordan's court. Getting a max salary offer from the Clippers is practically guaranteed given Ballmer's deep pockets.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Clips offer him a max deal. Because of their cap situation, they really don't have a choice. It's offer him the max and hope he takes it or roll with Spencer Hawes as their center.

The question is whether Jordan will re-sign with them. Does he, for example, accept a max offer from the Lakers to walk across the hall and get away from CP3? Does he accept a max from maybe the Spurs (I thought I read where the Spurs have interest)?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You raise an interesting point in personnel. However, having the number 1-3 draft pick nets you a trade bargaining chip that allows you to bring in the pieces you need to get to the next level.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should get the #1 pick...this is BS!