• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea i'm sure he'd like for everyone to believe the sole reason is money however I think differently. his actions say two things to me that could also be the reason. A) He isn't as confident in this roster as most Cavs fans here are and B) He wants to be the only core player with options after next season if this team implodes.

Most people called Kobe selfish in terms of his salaries over the years but at least he fully committed for multiple years each time. LBJ is trying to get as much money as the system will allow with the least amount of commitment. :hmm:

Agreed and the fact of the matter is that is exactly what a smart business person should be doing...

Getting paid the max but allowing yourself and out if the shit hits the fan....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping that stranglehold on Gilbert.

$23 mil for this season. Gonna be a huge number next season.

Well, he's actually worth the huge number.
We can't say that about most of the players asking for it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No opt out next summer?
That's shocking.
I guess he figures there will be no $$ to spend next summer, so really no gun to hold to Gilbert's head during FA.
dude did u read the comment you responded to- option for next summer- its the same deal he signed last year

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and the fact of the matter is that is exactly what a smart business person should be doing...

Getting paid the max but allowing yourself and out if the shit hits the fan....
I agree business wise but then don't act like you're in Cleveland because you just love it. Be honest. But he can't do that because he needs his team mates to buy into staying (thus them signing long term deals) and because he cares entirely too much what other people think about him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's actually worth the huge number.
We can't say that about most of the players asking for it.
Agreed. That has been the truth about very few in the league.

Captain Confusion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree business wise but then don't act like you're in Cleveland because you just love it. Be honest. But he can't do that because he needs his team mates to buy into staying (thus them signing long term deals) and because he cares entirely too much what other people think about him.
True - But what else he gonna say - Hey muthatruckers I'm back for the M O N E Y and BTW - I hate all of ya'll....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - But what else he gonna say - Hey muthatruckers I'm back for the M O N E Y and BTW - I hate all of ya'll....
LOL no, not exactly but he could just not say anything. There is that option.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude did u read the comment you responded to- option for next summer- its the same deal he signed last year

My bad.
Misread.
Now its exactly what I originally thought.
What a frickin' dickhead he is.
Everyone else should commit long term for him, but he can bolt (and WILL) for any number or reasons??

THIS is exactly another example of why I said AT THE TIME that I as a fan I don't want him around.

I'm not going to write again what a B**** Mr. G****** is, but OMG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. They said Tristan deal is also done. Just haven't been made official so he was waiting for them to overpay Tristan
Where do you see that? I am anxious to see what Tristan's final number is. I do not see anywhere any evidence the Tristan deal is done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad.
Misread.
Now its exactly what I originally thought.
What a frickin' dickhead he is.
Everyone else should commit long term for him, but he can bolt (and WILL) for any number or reasons??

THIS is exactly another example of why I said AT THE TIME that I as a fan I don't want him around.

I'm not going to write again what a B**** Mr. G****** is, but OMG.
your right...dan is lebrons total b****....hundreds of millions of dollars and favorites to win the title....he sure is getting run roughshod over..LOL..how can he stand it?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....pretty cool. Sends a good message.

Apparently not true according to BK.

So, twice I thought LeBron did something noble (by his standards), but nope.
He will not ever trust G******.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not true according to BK.

So, twice I thought LeBron did something noble (by his standards), but nope.
He will not ever trust G******.
i dunno- i follow a ton of reporters, cavs insiders etc and have seen nothing on Thompson- and actually just read the SAm Amico article saying:

James was always expected to re-sign, but his situation is unique because of the immense influence he now has on the Cavaliers organization. His agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, also represents restricted free agent forward Tristan Thompson. As negotiations had continued between the Cavs and Thompson on a new deal, the widely-held belief was that James would not agree to re-sign until that deal was done.

The Cavs are still expected to come to terms with Thompson, but it's notable that James was willing to commit to a return before that was the case.

ohh- and thats from the USA today....I know you dont trust highly accredited national media publications- but hey take it for whats its worth i guess, lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right...dan is lebrons total b****....hundreds of millions of dollars and favorites to win the title....he sure is getting run roughshod over..LOL..how can he stand it?

Guess we just have def of manhood.
He doesn't need the money, and to be accurate, if James earns him an extra 125M, then makes him spend it, he really isn't gaining anything.

And great you are favorites, you're not winning this year and I'll bet you right now on it.

Captain Confusion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll make it all back making bad loans to poor suckers and then foreclosing their homes in Ohio again.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll make it all back making bad loans to poor suckers and then foreclosing their homes in Ohio again.....
Quicken actually stayed away from the bad loans for the most part that swamped the mortgage industry.

Its why Gilbert has gone from 1.5 to 4 billion the last few years...but- yah- i get the joke, lol

There are actually rumors of Gilbert running book while an undergrad at I believe MSU and using strong arm tactics to collect, lol....

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the favorites