• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Who said it was the top need on the team?” Baalke said in April. “I would respectfully disagree, but we feel good about that group. We really do.

LOL he is so clueless. Its been a need for 2 years now.

That was a good article. He is so bad. Look Dak looks good but Robinson also looks good but instead of taking Will in the 3rd they could of took a QB or could of took robinson in the 3rd and then a QB in the 4th. WB I can understand. I actually thought we were ok at RB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It is easy to write this NOW after the injuries have occurred. NOW he knows which positions have been hit by injuries, but prior to the draft you can only go by the talent on the draft board. You SHOULD draft the most talent you can off the board.

What if the multiple injuries occurred at DE, are you going to say NOW......we should've drafted more DE's?

Here is an example......in Round 5 you see a talented Blair and you see an "UDFA level" ILB, who do you draft?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yet they went 1st and 2nd in the draft? Obviously people believed enough in them that they were willing to make a substantial investment in them.

Take a shot meaning that there will never be a pick that is 100% sure to be a bullseye. I'd rather be the team that drafts the next Ryan Leaf than the team that doesn't even try to find the next Peyton Manning.

Odds are HIGH they will draft a QB now. But wanting to draft one and having value arise, doesn't usually match up. We may have to move up, who knows?

anyway, it was easy to misinterpret your meaning of "taking a shot". Now that you clarified what it meant, that is the same as everyone else's thinking. Whether it is round 1, round 7 or anywhere between, we should be trying.

This past draft has a little uniqueness to it, with a new offensive scheme that APPEARED to suit BOTH Gabbert and Kaep, it didn't seem like we had to "force" anything in the draft? That said, they STILL drafted Driskell and that is "trying".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to write this NOW after the injuries have occurred. NOW he knows which positions have been hit by injuries, but prior to the draft you can only go by the talent on the draft board. You SHOULD draft the most talent you can off the board.

What if the multiple injuries occurred at DE, are you going to say NOW......we should've drafted more DE's?

Here is an example......in Round 5 you see a talented Blair and you see an "UDFA level" ILB, who do you draft?
Deep, I think you have to consider need when you draft, not just BPA. We knew linebackers were an issue for the past couple of years and ignored it and drafted too many DBs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep, I think you have to consider need when you draft, not just BPA. We knew linebackers were an issue for the past couple of years and ignored it and drafted too many DBs.
The only thing is he has hit on secondary players. Ward, Robinson, Reid, Tartt. 1 thing Baalke is good at i guess. Sucks at drafting WRs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, , it isn't 100% BPA without regard to Need. We wouldn't draft 4 WR's in a row; or draft a DE in the 1st round. But you draft way over to the BPA side because that's your goal, to add the most talent.

Take the last draft as an example, at what point would you have drafted an ILB? Go to the prior draft and same question?

Even now, going into the NEXT draft, i wouldn't take an ILB if much better value is at another position.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of changing QB's, with the trade deadline coming up in a little more than a week, I think it might be best to trade away some of our few talented vets for more draft picks. I'd go to someone like J. Staley and see what he thought of a trade to a contender.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of changing QB's, with the trade deadline coming up in a little more than a week, I think it might be best to trade away some of our few talented vets for more draft picks. I'd go to someone like J. Staley and see what he thought of a trade to a contender.
I agree, This team is so bad it doesn't matter right now. Kap was so so again today. Some good some bad. Offense is trying to hang in there but the D lets up a score 80% of the time. Special teams is really bad. Another fumble. Oline shit the bed. Put Tiller back in.

Overall This team sucks and we will get a top 3 pick. Draft a QB, Clear house. Fire every coach, GM, scouts and start all over. We have no talent on this team. I don't like anyone on this team except for Bowman and Hyde. Everyone else is avg.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick regressing over time

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt
2016: 66.2 passer rating, 5.24 yards per attempt

"Yea, bu-bu-but it's the defense's fault!"

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert in 2016: 69.6 passer rating, 5.93 yards per attempt
Kaepernick in 2016: 66.2 passer rating, 5.24 yards per attempt

In no way shape or form, am I trying to support Gabbert. He's complete shit as well. He's just not as shitty as the other guy.

"Get a clue man. It's the coaching staff's fault that Kaepernick isn't putting up better numbers."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing we get to watch a QB make things happen. Yes sometimes its bad but I like how we are moving the chains. Gabbert was bad and only drove down the field 2 times a game. Kap has avg 6 times per game. Big difference. Problem is Kap and the offense isnt finishing. They need to work on that. Cant watch the D anymore. thank god for the offense. At least they give us a little entertainment.

Either way it doesnt matter because the D gives up 30+ points a game. Worst D I ever saw.

Overall THIs team sucks. I really dont like most on this team. I only like Hyde and Bowman. We have too many soft players. Buckner and Armstead look soft as hell.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke this team is. I have not been this embarrassed since Kwame beat up his boyfriend over soy sauce and underwear!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ongoing argument between Kap and Gabbert seems really silly at this point because the whole team is just playing poorly. And really right now the only way to fix this is to clean house in the FO. We need a major overall. I see a handful of players and some of the olineman as keepers and other than that, this team is full of either question marks or crap

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, , it isn't 100% BPA without regard to Need. We wouldn't draft 4 WR's in a row; or draft a DE in the 1st round. But you draft way over to the BPA side because that's your goal, to add the most talent.

Take the last draft as an example, at what point would you have drafted an ILB? Go to the prior draft and same question?

Even now, going into the NEXT draft, i wouldn't take an ILB if much better value is at another position.

I am not the GM and I am not getting paid the big bucks to figure this out. We just see big holes in the roster that haven't been filled either through the draft and/or free agency and that is where Baalke has really failed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing is he has hit on secondary players. Ward, Robinson, Reid, Tartt. 1 thing Baalke is good at i guess. Sucks at drafting WRs.

Reid I am on the fence on, good player but will he ever make another pro bowl. Tartt looks like he could be okay. Can't say Baalke has been great in the secondary, but the position picks look better in comparison to the other positions where he has failed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid I am on the fence on, good player but will he ever make another pro bowl. Tartt looks like he could be okay. Can't say Baalke has been great in the secondary, but the position picks look better in comparison to the other positions where he has failed.
I agree with this statement.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not the GM and I am not getting paid the big bucks to figure this out. We just see big holes in the roster that haven't been filled either through the draft and/or free agency and that is where Baalke has really failed.

yeah ok, you're just being a fan and this is what fans do....complain but offer no reasonable solution(s) as to what should've been done.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok, you're just being a fan and this is what fans do....complain but offer no reasonable solution(s) as to what should've been done.
We can offer a reasonable solution but who is listening? The FO isn't. Our roster is in bad shape. Our roster talent has gone downhill and we have glaring weaknesses. That falls on Baalke.