• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment, Chip spreads the field much better for Kaep. Running lanes are wider for him to scramble and his accuracy seems to be getting a little better week to week. Our receiving corps leaves a lot to be desired, but we seem to be getting decent production for what they are.
Its sad how weak our Receivers are. When Vance is our best receiver we are in trouble. LOL
Its funny how Vance is having a good year on contract year(I think he is up after this year).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is what Greg Cosell said this morning. Cosell talked about Kaps limitations as a passer and how Chips system helps to minimize that. cosell credited Kelly. He did say it is questionable whether this can be successful long term

the NFL QB is all about your ability to pass. You can be 'unathletic', short, heavy, slow, ugly, etc., but if you can pass the ball well, you'll succeed. You'll succeed and then the team succeeds with you.

Being athletic, able to run, and a strong arm are good qualities, but only after you can pass the ball. I've always said Kaep can have very good games, but "long term" refers to his inconsistency, which we all know is poor.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NFL QB is all about your ability to pass. You can be 'unathletic', short, heavy, slow, ugly, etc., but if you can pass the ball well, you'll succeed. You'll succeed and then the team succeeds with you.

Being athletic, able to run, and a strong arm are good qualities, but only after you can pass the ball. I've always said Kaep can have very good games, but "long term" refers to his inconsistency, which we all know is poor.
Yeah but you can say that about any QB in the NFL. Almost every QB has its up an downs. Its the NFL. I mean Rodgers just lost 4 in a row, Luck has been bad most of his career, Stafford is one of the most up and down QBs in the league. The list goes on and on. Even the greats have their off day.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but you can say that about any QB in the NFL. Almost every QB has its up an downs. Its the NFL. I mean Rodgers just lost 4 in a row, Luck has been bad most of his career, Stafford is one of the most up and down QBs in the league. The list goes on and on. Even the greats have their off day.

Yes, every player has an "off day", but common now, Kaep's off days are much worse, and he has much more off days. Heck he has off seasons.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, every player has an "off day", but common now, Kaep's off days are much worse, and he has much more off days. Heck he has off seasons.
Yes he does have more but I havent seen him have a crazy off day since Arizona game last year. This year he has been getting better every week it seems like. Now i will say through out the game he can be up and down. 49ers have had less 3 and outs since Kap took over after Gabbert. Gabbert was avg only 2 good drives a game.

I just want to point out Im not saying I want to keep Kap. Im ready to move on. Can I deal with Kap for 1 more if we draft a QB yes I can deal with it but I hope the front office doesnt believe in Kap again. We need to draft a QB this year 1st or 2nd rd.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Kaep looks more like the Kaep we knew a couple seasons ago but with far less talented receivers. He seems to be healthy enough to leg it out like he used to once the D spreads out...and the're well aware of what he can do. Our line play has been pretty up and down, but I think it could be much improved by the end of the season (hopefully).

The pass blocking has been better overall than the run blocking.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never find out because he is gone after this year. I will say this if that had some truth wouldn't Kap be getting worse each week. he seems like he is getting better ever week. I guess it doesn't matter.

I can't say he will be gone next year. Seems like the 49ers are very much in flux. If Baalke is still around, the odds appear much greater that he will be gone. He has gotten better each week but can he sustain it for more than a few games and play well for an entire four quarters? That happened last week but it was only one game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the key is his accuracy, so as long as he throws it well, everything falls into place. But we all know how his accuracy goes...............

His accuracy is better than it was earlier in the season and better than last year when he had pocket fright. But as Cosell mentioned yesterday, there are certain throws he just isn't good at

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say he will be gone next year.

It seems to be falling into place that he's gonna be a Niner next year. Then, he'll probably get hurt, and another excuse to keep him for 2018, then another coach he thinks he can make Kaep a star, and.....

Alex Smith II....unfortunately.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to be falling into place that he's gonna be a Niner next year. Then, he'll probably get hurt, and another excuse to keep him for 2018, then another coach he thinks he can make Kaep a star, and.....

Alex Smith II....unfortunately.

If the team decides Kap is better and they don't need to make drafting a QB priority, than that really concerns me. If the team makes drafting a QB a priority this year, than I am MEH on whether he stays next season or not. I felt at the beginning of this season that Gabbert could be a veteran bridge to a rookie QB but Gabbert was bad and for me unwatchable. So whether it is Kap or some other veteran being a bridge it doesn't matter. In Kap's case, his contract isn't a long term commitment with cap considerations and if I don't think Ponder would bring anything more than what we've seen the past couple of weeks.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team decides Kap is better and they don't need to make drafting a QB priority, than that really concerns me.

Not saying this will happen but.....most everything I've said about Kaepernick and this season has played out to a 'T.' I have a bad feeling that Kaepernick will be starting next year for SF.....I hope I am wrong...but I'm just sayin.'

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this will happen but.....most everything I've said about Kaepernick and this season has played out to a 'T.' I have a bad feeling that Kaepernick will be starting next year for SF.....I hope I am wrong...but I'm just sayin.'

That is a possibility.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the team decides Kap is better and they don't need to make drafting a QB priority, than that really concerns me. If the team makes drafting a QB a priority this year, than I am MEH on whether he stays next season or not. I felt at the beginning of this season that Gabbert could be a veteran bridge to a rookie QB but Gabbert was bad and for me unwatchable. So whether it is Kap or some other veteran being a bridge it doesn't matter. In Kap's case, his contract isn't a long term commitment with cap considerations and if I don't think Ponder would bring anything more than what we've seen the past couple of weeks.

Can't see us passing on QB in the draft. It may not be Round 1, but can't see us passing entirely.

Even if Kaep stays for 2017, still feel they need to take a serious look at QB, starting with Round 1. Right now it appears no one is worth a pick at our projected spot, so Round 2 or trade back into Round 1 like Garnett.

Trading back isn't cheap, but we're in a tough spot. If the Rams and Eagles can gamble big, we can 'medium'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap named starter. Yeah I would of been shocked if they benched him after it was kelly fault for calling 3 passes or what ever the amount was. I bet if Gabbert looked good he would of won the job back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see us passing on QB in the draft. It may not be Round 1, but can't see us passing entirely.

Even if Kaep stays for 2017, still feel they need to take a serious look at QB, starting with Round 1. Right now it appears no one is worth a pick at our projected spot, so Round 2 or trade back into Round 1 like Garnett.

Trading back isn't cheap, but we're in a tough spot. If the Rams and Eagles can gamble big, we can 'medium'.

I agree. They have to draft a QB this year, and at least be a high level pick rounds 1 through 3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 first downs in the entire second half against the Jets. I have never seen such impotent quarterback play. You simply cannot win with Kaepernick. He is horrendous.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 first downs in the entire second half against the Jets. I have never seen such impotent quarterback play. You simply cannot win with Kaepernick. He is horrendous.

Yep, he is inconsistent and when he's bad, he is BAD.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he is inconsistent and when he's bad, he is BAD.
Calling him "inconsistent" is being very kind. I actually think he is very consistent; consistently awful.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap looked good in the 1st quarter then it seemed NY Jets started getting aggressive with the blitz and hurrying Kap a little more. Kap's accuracy went out the window starting in the 2nd quarter and he missed some passes that would have kept drives alive,