• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying this for awhile now and it looks like I am right. Its time to make a switch. If a switch doesn't happen after this week its fair to say Front office has something to do with it. No person in their right mind would want Gabbert to be the starter. He is the worst QB in the NFL right now.

Its time to make a switch. I got a lot of heat on these boards about asking for a change but looks like I was on to something and was right about Gabbert. Lets see what Ponder or Kap has. Offense looks dead with Gabbert and receivers are starting to get frustrated with bad throw after bad throw from Gabbert. He throws behind the receivers every time and can't throw past 5 yards.

Bye Bye Gabbert.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change is good. It could start at QB as well as the front office.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly didn't give Gabbert much of an endorsement on his KNBR morning show this morning. I would not be surprised if he is benched in a couple of weeks if the offense continues to struggle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly didn't give Gabbert much of an endorsement on his KNBR morning show this morning. I would not be surprised if he is benched in a couple of weeks if the offense continues to struggle.
What did he say? I dont know if I can wait a couple of weeks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say? I dont know if I can wait a couple of weeks.

I don't remember his exact words. The morning guys brought up Gabbert and Kap and about a possible change at QB. Kelly told them Kap wasn't ready yet recovering from his injuries. He also said there is still a QB competition and has always been one. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Gabbert. He could have said Gabbert is still the starter and he is behind him, but Kelly didn't say that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember his exact words. The morning guys brought up Gabbert and Kap and about a possible change at QB. Kelly told them Kap wasn't ready yet recovering from his injuries. He also said there is still a QB competition and has always been one. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Gabbert. He could have said Gabbert is still the starter and he is behind him, but Kelly didn't say that.
I just dont get that answer. If this is true why have him as the #2 QB and active. If he isnt ready he would be non active and Ponder would be the #2. This smells like something Baalke is doing.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if San Fran puts Kapernick in all you fans can be assured of one thing...Kap will be a pro at the end of the game victory kneel down

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get that answer. If this is true why have him as the #2 QB and active. If he isnt ready he would be non active and Ponder would be the #2. This smells like something Baalke is doing.

I hope not. I am a bit concerned about a couple of the reports I've read earlier in the season. If Baalke wanted Kap gone that badly, he should have made it happen when he had the chance. Now that Kap is on the roster, he needs to let Kelly make decisions who have suits up and plays. That is the coaches domain. I just don't see anything good when the FO meddles in the coaches affairs.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew when the seaosn started that kap would be playing at some point. It's looking like he'll be the starter for the Bills game b/c we'll have extra time to prepare for that one.

I don't quite get Kelly's answers on kap either. He says the guy isn't healthy enough. If that's the case, then why is he the #2 QB? If Gabby continues to struggle, and recent history indicates he will, it's gonna get difficult for Kelly to explain why Kap is still on the bench.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kap has admitted that his weight isn't where it should be. Yea, no duh. Tough (if not impossible) to maintain an NFL-level of muscle mass on a vegan diet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it is but if they go to Kaepernick it will have to be in the middle of the game because any team that has a chance to prepare for him can easily render him useless because of his one read liability and panic in the pocket. If he comes in in the middle of a game and they have not prepared for him its possible he could have short-term success. Its worth a try.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way Kap or Ponder gives us a better chance to win and I hope they make the move. If they dont want to play Kap because they are afraid of him getting hurt then make him the #3 or cut him now. Being #2 and being 1 play away from playing is almost the same as being named the starter. Because being the #2 will force u to play him if Gabbert continues to play this bad. At #3 he is a long ways from playing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kap has admitted that his weight isn't where it should be. Yea, no duh. Tough (if not impossible) to maintain an NFL-level of muscle mass on a vegan diet.

It is a little more difficult but for Kap it shouldn't be an issue. I put on mass at his age and while I had meat in my diet, I didn't consume much of it. There are protein from various non meat sources. He just has to consume a lot of good calories. I imagine he has trainers and nutritionists helping him out with all this.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a little more difficult but for Kap it shouldn't be an issue. I put on mass at his age and while I had meat in my diet, I didn't consume much of it. There are protein from various non meat sources. He just has to consume a lot of good calories. I imagine he has trainers and nutritionists helping him out with all this.
There are a few good nonmeat sources of protein for vegetarians, but for vegans, those options all but disappear. It's basically soy, nuts, beans and a few grains--none of which are anywhere close to as efficient and effective for building and rebuilding muscle as the options available to omnivores and vegetarians.

I imagine he has trainers and nutritionists helping him out with all this.
I'd hope their advice was "don't be a vegan if you want to play pro football."

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few good nonmeat sources of protein for vegetarians, but for vegans, those options all but disappear. It's basically soy, nuts, beans and a few grains--none of which are anywhere close to as efficient and effective for building and rebuilding muscle as the options available to omnivores and vegetarians.

I'd hope their advice was "don't be a vegan if you want to play pro football."

Ok, I was thinking Vegetarian and I don't really know anything about what makes a vegan diet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. Some players practice well some dont. In this case Gabbert does well in practice but when the lights come on in real games he chokes.

Time for a Change. Lets Hope its soon.

Someone should asked him about Ponder. I really am intrigued after watching him in the preseason what he can do in this offense. Im guessing he isnt getting many reps.