• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap looked good in the 1st quarter then it seemed NY Jets started getting aggressive with the blitz and hurrying Kap a little more. Kap's accuracy went out the window starting in the 2nd quarter and he missed some passes that would have kept drives alive,

Guess we shouldn't be shocked he played like that. He has good games and he has BAD games.

Wait, guess it isn't even measured by games, only good 1st quarters? He certainly doesn't have good 4th quarters.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we shouldn't be shocked he played like that. He has good games and he has BAD games.

Wait, guess it isn't even measured by games, only good 1st quarters? He certainly doesn't have good 4th quarters.
I guess not and in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. We need to draft a QB and move on. I don't think anyone disputes that

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess not and in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. We need to draft a QB and move on. I don't think anyone disputes that

Yeah, we need to draft a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter QB. Kaep can have the 1st quarters.

j/k

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think the bigger problem is coach kelly and his play calling in the 2nd half. Like one of the writers reported. He ran 10 plays in the 2nd half. His offense is easy to adjust to. Once you start getting those 3 and outs our D gets tired. Kelly even mention how he screwed up.

Now to get me wrong Kap gets blame to and yes we need to draft a QB but I think we can draft one in the 2nd rd. If Garrett is there we need to take him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think the bigger problem is coach kelly and his play calling in the 2nd half. Like one of the writers reported. He ran 10 plays in the 2nd half. His offense is easy to adjust to. Once you start getting those 3 and outs our D gets tired. Kelly even mention how he screwed up.

Now to get me wrong Kap gets blame to and yes we need to draft a QB but I think we can draft one in the 2nd rd. If Garrett is there we need to take him.

Not sure if any of these QB's in the draft are worth the 2nd pick in the draft. Doesn't sound like it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if any of these QB's in the draft are worth the 2nd pick in the draft. Doesn't sound like it.

wow, if true this only delays our rebuild. Or should i say the odds of being delayed is much higher.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, if true this only delays our rebuild. Or should i say the odds of being delayed is much higher.

These guys appear to not be NFL ready but who knows. Who thought Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz would be playing like this last year before the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/article...nt-assume-gamble-kaepernick-playing-football/

Not worried about who replaces Baalke, i'm sure they'll do an exhaustive search. Even when they do settle on that new GM, there are no guarantees. but at least we are almost assured, he won't be drafting IR players with higher picks. :-)

What he said about Kaep is what i said too, i said it even when he was playing better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/article...nt-assume-gamble-kaepernick-playing-football/

Not worried about who replaces Baalke, i'm sure they'll do an exhaustive search. Even when they do settle on that new GM, there are no guarantees. but at least we are almost assured, he won't be drafting IR players with higher picks. :-)

What he said about Kaep is what i said too, i said it even when he was playing better.

Can't see the article. I am not sure they will do an exhaustive search. History says they might just promote Gamble. What does the article say?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the article say?

In general:

Biderman suggests that an assumption that Gamble gets the job if Baalke is fired is not automatic due to him liking to stay behind the scene as opposed of being in the public, and that if the rumours of Baalke to Denver are true, he may follow him there.

He also says that there is a chance Kaepernick doesn't want to play next year. It seems he ties that notion on a widespread belief around the league that nobody wants that extra baggage that Kaepernick carried this year, so the reward doesn't meet the risk. The vibe I got from that is it's Biderman's belief that it's Kaepernick's way of dealing with the rejection - a sort of 'you can't fire me, I quit' scenario.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general:

Biderman suggests that an assumption that Gamble gets the job if Baalke is fired is not automatic due to him liking to stay behind the scene as opposed of being in the public, and that if the rumours of Baalke to Denver are true, he may follow him there.

He also says that there is a chance Kaepernick doesn't want to play next year. It seems he ties that notion on a widespread belief around the league that nobody wants that extra baggage that Kaepernick carried this year, so the reward doesn't meet the risk. The vibe I got from that is it's Biderman's belief that it's Kaepernick's way of dealing with the rejection - a sort of 'you can't fire me, I quit' scenario.

The problem with Baalke going to Denver and Gamble following him is that Baalke is not going to be a GM in Denver. I would suspect Baalke would be in a lower position in Denver and for Gamble to follow Baalke to Denver it would be a significant demotion

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Baalke going to Denver and Gamble following him is that Baalke is not going to be a GM in Denver. I would suspect Baalke would be in a lower position in Denver and for Gamble to follow Baalke to Denver it would be a significant demotion

I hope this is the case...I'd like to see Gamble as the GM. That...and I just want to see Baalke out regardless...maybe Jed will follow him? He's been doing it for so long hopefully he just follows him out the door...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it was Biderman's position that Gamble actually prefers the lower profile....not saying it's true or not since I don't have any info either way on it....just re-posting Biderman's opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was Biderman's position that Gamble actually prefers the lower profile....not saying it's true or not since I don't have any info either way on it....just re-posting Biderman's opinion.

He might like a lower profile, but I wonder if he would like that much lower of a profile.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is the case...I'd like to see Gamble as the GM. That...and I just want to see Baalke out regardless...maybe Jed will follow him? He's been doing it for so long hopefully he just follows him out the door...

I wonder though if the only move is putting in Gamble, will that be enough?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder though if the only move is putting in Gamble, will that be enough?

The other contract guys have actually done a good job, but we have been a disaster in our draft process and free agent spending. That really falls on Baalke and Yorks meddling little fingers IMO.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might like a lower profile, but I wonder if he would like that much lower of a profile.

Depends on much of a drop down the ladder he's got to accept. He may not have a choice in the matter given that he's still a part of the mess that is SF.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on much of a drop down the ladder he's got to accept. He may not have a choice in the matter given that he's still a part of the mess that is SF.[/QUOTE

Maybe not, but from what I've read, Gamble is well respected around the league I suspect the poor state of the franchise is most associated with Baalke.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed most people see Baalke as the one responsible for the implosion of the 49ers over Gamble. I wouldn't be opposed to him taking over the reigns if/when Baalke is released.