• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G replaces the SEC as college football's most overrated conference

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come to the realization the PAC is pretty well fvcked. You have four states (California, Washington, Oregon and Colorado) full of emasculated liberal cucks who don't watch football. The LA market (USC) is pretty much it for that conference and now that city has not one, but two NFL teams. The only chance the PAC and the Big 12 has is a merger.

It will happen. The PAC needs central time zone games. Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma form the bridge from Cali to Texas.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will happen. The PAC needs central time zone games. Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma form the bridge from Cali to Texas.
No Kansas.

PAC - 16

PAC West
Washington
Washington St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Stanford
Cal
USC
UCLA

PAC East
Arizona
Arizona St.
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas Tech
Texas

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the SEC has lived up to the hype 90% of the time over the last 2 decades.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the PAC's issues, let's not ignore the elephant in the room. They are at a disadvantage for media time based on time zone. It's been that way since I was a kid. About the only PAC football we ever saw here in Nebraska was the USC/UCLA game. Even that was competing with Ohio St/Michigan. The Big TV markets (ESPN's bread and butter) are east of the Mississippi river. Some of those PAC games aren't over until midnight central time. That's 1am ET. Only the staunchest CFB fans watch them.. The rest are drunk, passed out, or banging Susie Rottencrotch. Gameday is over. Sure they see highlights the next day, but not the same as watching the full games and the highs and lows that go along with them.

Not just that, the Cal Hippies are just not into major sports. They don't even get a lot of local support. It is sad because the Pac12 region has a lot of sports talent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schiano: OSU D-line better than Bucs' in 12-13

Maybe you are right. The better than the NFL narrative has started. I remember those days circa 2009-2014.
Well to be fair, he did take over the worst defense in the NFL in 2011. Sam Hubbard and Tyquan Lewis would've likely been on the 1st round bubble if they'd of been in the draft this year, Nick Bosa is already proving to be every bit as good as his brother, and Dre'Mont Jones is projected by many to be a 1st rounder in 2018. From a pure talent standpoint, he's probably not wrong.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, he did take over the worst defense in the NFL in 2011. Sam Hubbard and Tyquan Lewis would've likely been on the 1st round bubble if they'd of been in the draft this year, Nick Bosa is already proving to be every bit as good as his brother, and Dre'Mont Jones is projected by many to be a 1st rounder in 2018. From a pure talent standpoint, he's probably not wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw. Not sure what this is about. Sucks though. It's ok, they're going to try and line up 4 defensive ends every play anyhow, so a DT isn't so important.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Clemson, Florida St., and Louisville join the Big Ten?

It was about all the leagues and how they compete.

But, I'd love to play in the Big10.

Our all-time winning pct vs the current schools in the ACC is 69.5%.

WE're 85.6% vs the current Big10 members

3-0 vs Ohio St w/no home games
2-0 vs Mich St w/1 home game
1-0 vs Whisky w/0home games
1-0 vs Indiana w0 home games
22-2 vs Maryland w/11 home games
6-2 vs Nebraska w/0 home games
2-1 vs Michigan w/0 home games
1-1-1 vs Penn St w/0 home games
Purdue, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota, Illinois & Rutgers we
haven't played.

38-6-1 with only 12 home games.

8-1 in Bowl games.

FTR...we're just 3-4 vs the current members of the MWC. Obviously,
the MWC has better players and coaching

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both those guys have a long ways to go to get on the level of Gerald McCoy and Michael Bennett. Those were pro bowlers. In fact, the 3rd he had was Adrian Clayborn who was a 1st round pick himself. Tampa Bay had a lot of problems on defense but his line talent wasn't really one of them.

I get it though, he's super hyped about what he's got and wanted to use a little hyperbole to tell everybody he thinks he's got something special. I just thought it was funny and went along with theme of this thread.

P.S. You would have been laughing your ass off 5 years ago had an SEC coach said this and then their fans came along justifying it. :D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the B1G is better off when underrated. Ohio State won a natty the first year of the CFP when the conference was considered "weak".

Now that they have been considered "strong", they've been shut out the last two CFPs and outscored 69-0. But, they are getting better. Two years ago their champ got beat 38-0. Last year it was 31-0. (But, to be fair, that wasn't their conference champ that got beat that bad.) At that rate of improvement they'll be back to winning in another 4-5 years.

I think they would prefer to be underrated again and viewed as "weak".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both those guys have a long ways to go to get on the level of Gerald McCoy and Michael Bennett. Those were pro bowlers. In fact, the 3rd he had was Adrian Clayborn who was a 1st round pick himself. Tampa Bay had a lot of problems on defense but his line talent wasn't really one of them.

I get it though, he's super hyped about what he's got and wanted to use a little hyperbole to tell everybody he thinks he's got something special. I just thought it was funny and went along with theme of this thread.

P.S. You would have been laughing your ass off 5 years ago had an SEC coach said this and then their fans came along justifying it. :D
Oh 100%. My post was largely just to be cheeky and get under the nerves of the general Hoop population.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the B1G is better off when underrated. Ohio State won a natty the first year of the CFP when the conference was considered "weak".

Now that they have been considered "strong", they've been shut out the last two CFPs and outscored 69-0. But, they are getting better. Two years ago their champ got beat 38-0. Last year it was 31-0. (But, to be fair, that wasn't their conference champ that got beat that bad.) At that rate of improvement they'll be back to winning in another 4-5 years.

I think they would prefer to be underrated again and viewed as "weak".

B1G is like all of the other leagues, their are an elite top 3-4 teams, a few teams that are average, and then a bunch of teams that could lose to anyone.

SEC is only the best because they have 6 powers as opposed to 4 like most leagues.

SEC all-time rating:

Elite (Competes for National Titles Periodically):

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
LSU
Tennessee

Average (Can have top ten seasons and won Natty in past but does not compete for Nattys typically):

Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas A&M

Bottom Tier (Can lose to anyone. Typically happy to make bowl games regularly)

Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Kentucky

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G is like all of the other leagues, their are an elite top 3-4 teams, a few teams that are average, and then a bunch of teams that could lose to anyone.

SEC is only the best because they have 6 powers as opposed to 4 like most leagues.

SEC all-time rating:

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
LSU
Tennessee

Average (Can have top ten seasons and won Natty in past but does not compete for Nattys typically):

Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas A&M

Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Kentucky
Pretty accurate and true IMHO...but I don't remember the SEC champs (or any other conference champs) losing by scores of 38-0 and 31-0 in any of the CFP or old BCS games. But, my forgetterer is better than my rememberer. That and I'm too lazy to look up the histoy of the BCS to see what the most lopsided game was. Don't remember any additional lop sided semifinals/finals that were that bad in the CFP. Florida State was bad against Oregon, OU against Clem and Oregon against Ohio State but not 31-0 and 38-0 bad.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC all-time rating:

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
LSU
Tennessee

Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas A&M

Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Kentucky

Here is the B1G

Elite:

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Nebraska (iffy)

Average:

Wisconsin (yes they have never won a Natty but they play at this medium/higher level)
Michigan State
Iowa

Bottom:

Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Maryland
Rutgers
Minnesota
Northwestern

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the B1G

Elite:

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Nebraska (iffy)

Most recent outright Natty's for each team mentioned.

Ohio State- 2014
Nebraska- 1995
Penn State- 1986

meeeechegan- 1948 :pound:

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty accurate and true IMHO...but I don't remember the SEC champs (or any other conference champs) losing by scores of 38-0 and 31-0 in any of the CFP or old BCS games. But, my forgetterer is better than my rememberer. That and I'm too lazy to look up the histoy of the BCS to see what the most lopsided game was. Don't remember any additional lop sided semifinals/finals that were that bad in the CFP. Florida State was bad against Oregon, OU against Clem and Oregon against Ohio State but not 31-0 and 38-0 bad.

Yes but the B1G has a playoff title and two titles since the start of the BCS era. That is more than the PAC.

Also, Bama and Clemson had great teams this year and I believe that they are overrated. Both could of played toe to toe with 2001 Miami or 2004 USC IMO.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC all-time rating:

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
LSU
Tennessee

Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas A&M

Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Kentucky

Looks good, but idk about South Carolina. Occasionally they can compete with the upper teams. I see them as average tier.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, but idk about South Carolina. Occasionally they can compete with the upper teams. I see them as average tier.

I was tempted to put them in average. South Carolina's present and future definitely is better than their past. Still their history is horrid. I definitely see your argument and I debated it in my mind as well.

Two teams from the B1G that might could move up to average from Bottom were Illinois and Northwestern at times.