• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G replaces the SEC as college football's most overrated conference

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in fvk did Texas A&M deserve that ranking... at least not to anyone with a clue and ya Penn St. did get hosed. Fvk that committee It's just another scam like the BCS was.

They had 1 loss to Alabama and had a win over Auburn, who was a top 10 team in the initial ranking. Yes, they did. Of course hindsight is 50/50 and they looked like shit the rest of the season, so you're going to dump on them. I wish they used the BCS method for picking the 4 teams. Would have been the 4 same teams regardless.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw who did Texas A&M play last season that was worth two shits other than Bama? They had to go into OT at home to beat a pathetic UCLA team. They beat nobody .. seeing how they played nobody .. other than Bama that is.

At the time they had wins over Auburn, Arkansas and Tennessee. Auburn was a top 10 team, and Tennessee and Arkansas were both teams that were above .500. Please learn to understand what the committee values going into this season. You'll bitch a lot less.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 1 loss to Alabama and had a win over Auburn, who was a top 10 team in the initial ranking. Yes, they did. Of course hindsight is 50/50 and they looked like shit the rest of the season, so you're going to dump on them. I wish they used the BCS method for picking the 4 teams. Would have been the 4 same teams regardless.
Funny that seeing how the BCS never did explain their method so I don't know why you posted that. You can't lie and scam people if you cough up your so called 'method'. There was no method.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that seeing how the BCS never did explain their method so I don't know why you posted that. You can't lie and scam people if you cough up your so called 'method'. There was no method.

Well you constantly bitch about the media, and guess who had no influence over that system...the media.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Who do you think pays for all this shit?

ESPN's $7.3 billion bet on college football playoff pays off

Holy shit, you continue to act like a complete dumbass. The media had no influence over the BCS. I personally think it was better because there was a formulaic process involved, instead of just using people, obviously what the committee is now. Also, in every year since the CFP was instituted the BCS and CFP have picked the same 4 teams.

I get the feeling you like to bitch just to bitch. There's really little substance to what you're bitching about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, you continue to act like a complete dumbass. The media had no influence over the BCS. I personally think it was better because there was a formulaic process involved, instead of just using people, obviously what the committee is now. Also, in every year since the CFP was instituted the BCS and CFP have picked the same 4 teams.

I get the feeling you like to bitch just to bitch. There's really little substance to what you're bitching about.
College Football’s Most Dominant Player? It’s ESPN

ESPN_BCS.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey there smart guy. How about you tell us what the BCS secret formula was ... because they never did explain it to anyone even after they were asked several hundred fvking times.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab at why Ohio State made it in over Penn State last year, although I know I am talking to a brick wall.

1) Ohio State had a better resume (including a better loss) than Penn State. This is not in dispute by anyone who watched college football last year.
2) Ohio State won on the road vs the Big 12 champion.
3) Ohio State lost at Penn State on a couple of fluke plays.
4) Ohio State played at what I consider to be the toughest venues outside of Ohio State in the B1G - at night, in back to back weeks, with both Wisconsin and Penn State coming off their bye weeks.
5) The previous year, Ohio State lost to MSU at home in terrible weather. As a result, MSU won the division and the B1G championship, went to the playoffs and got it handed to them by eventual champion Alabama. This very well could have changed the CFP view that conference championships were the be-all-end-all criteria.

That being said, given the crappy way the Buckeyes played most of the year last year, I would have been fine if they didn't make the playoff.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season polls are just hype ... no way 4 B1G teams are in the top 10 after the season.
But someone has to replace a couple of them. Who?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there smart guy. How about you tell us what the BCS secret formula was ... because they never did explain it to anyone even after they were asked several hundred fvking times.

It was the COACHES poll, the HARRIS poll(similar to what the CFP committee is) and then 6 computer based methods. It had nothing to do with the media. There was no secret formula, please stop with your bull shit conspiracy theory's.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the COACHES poll, the HARRIS poll(similar to what the CFP committee is) and then 6 computer based methods. It had nothing to do with the media. There was no secret formula, please stop with your bull shit conspiracy theory's.
Ya ...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that conference isn't solid because it is, but it wasn't as good as the media portrayed.
First a fact. We don't have enough games among the P5s to get a handle on how much better/worse one conference is than another. The committee has even acknowledged this in their analysis.

Second in my opinion only. Damn near all the conferences are not as good as perceived/hyped and not as bad as perceived/hyped. There are good teams and shitty teams in all conferences. Using the B1G as an example. I'm not convinced Sparty was as bad as they showed and I'm not convinced Penn State was as good as they showed. Both should be tempered a bid. And many times it matters WHEN a team seems good or shitty as to how they are pereceived. Frickin' media doesn't seem to get it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous year, Ohio State lost to MSU at home in terrible weather. As a result, MSU won the division and the B1G championship, went to the playoffs and got it handed to them by eventual champion Alabama. This very well could have changed the CFP view that conference championships were the be-all-end-all criteria.
FSU the first year should have proven that. They went into the CFP as ACC champ and got exposed. As it turned out, the title game was really Ohio State vs Bama in the semi...or at least it sure looked that way.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't the media have influence over the two polls? Maybe indirect or 2nd party influence on the BCS, but influence none the less.

I'm not sure the media really cares one way or the other...they are going to bias their view in the way that makes them money. That is what they care about IMHO.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't the media have influence over the two polls? Maybe indirect or 2nd party influence on the BCS, but influence none the less.

I'm not sure the media really cares one way or the other...they are going to bias their view in the way that makes them money. That is what they care about IMHO.
ESPN is the George Soros of college football.