• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 free agents

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo released C Mitch Morse.......hes a 1x Probowler,but yet we traded a 5th for backup center??

Clsypool part 2......??

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo released C Mitch Morse.......hes a 1x Probowler,but yet we traded a 5th for backup center??

Clsypool part 2......??
Well, I wouldn't go that far, huge difference between trading a 5th round vs a 2nd round, which also happened to be a late 1st round due to it being the #32 pick that year. My potential gripe with this Bates trade is the thought that he might be the starting center where all other indications confirm he should be a floater at best. When it's all said and done, if Bates does turn out to be the floater I was hoping he'd be, then I'm fine with it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wouldn't go that far, huge difference between trading a 5th round vs a 2nd round, which also happened to be a late 1st round due to it being the #32 pick that year. My potential gripe with this Bates trade is the thought that he might be the starting center where all other indications confirm he should be a floater at best. When it's all said and done, if Bates does turn out to be the floater I was hoping he'd be, then I'm fine with it.

I read where Morse 's salary was 8 mill,thatsprettydamn heap for a starting olineman........kida thought wecouldhavepotentially signed him Monday for cheap and kept the 5th.....js

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of the key free agents in this year's DL group:

From an overall list standpoint, I'm much more in favor of inking a DE/Edge vs DT, assuming Poles only takes one. A.J Epenesa would far and away be the cheapest, but that's because he's the least experienced and pretty much the least talented. If Poles is looking for a combination of solid talent and relatively good value, Bryce Huff should be high on his list. Otherwise, I'd be just dandy if he was able to sign either Hunter or Greenard. Now if Poles feels a DT is a greater need - and I don't see why - then Christian Wilkins would be my top choice. He won't come cheap, but he'd be the perfect fit for a Flus defense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's WCG's roundtable take on who would be each writer's best FA signing, an under-the-radar-signing, and who to avoid:

Nice mix of names. Hunter & Wilkins lead the pack. One tho in particular bugs me, the writer going with Connnor Williams. How TF does his name keep popping up on so many wants when he's clearly not gonna be around till well after the season is under foot.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's WCG's roundtable take on who would be each writer's best FA signing, an under-the-radar-signing, and who to avoid:

Nice mix of names. Hunter & Wilkins lead the pack. One tho in particular bugs me, the writer going with Connnor Williams. How TF does his name keep popping up on so many wants when he's clearly not gonna be around till well after the season is under foot.

Ive been on the Hunter/ Wilkins trains for awhile now.....they would be a huge aset to Sweat and rest of our def,he could acutuallynake us legit.

No to Josh Jacobs,never realized Bears wete thinking rb,maybe Saquon might be the better of the two imo......
No to Ridley.....
No to Gabe Davis......he had a better season in 23 than in 23.And if Josh Allen cant put him on the radar,then somethings wroung.
Im for drafting a top wr and then probably signing a so-called under the radar type if guy......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs or Barkley going to end up in Chicago.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been on the Hunter/ Wilkins trains for awhile now.....they would be a huge aset to Sweat and rest of our def,he could acutuallynake us legit.

No to Josh Jacobs,never realized Bears wete thinking rb,maybe Saquon might be the better of the two imo......
No to Ridley.....
No to Gabe Davis......he had a better season in 23 than in 23.And if Josh Allen cant put him on the radar,then somethings wroung.
Im for drafting a top wr and then probably signing a so-called under the radar type if guy......
Stop it!!!!

Wilkins is coming to Vegas.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the least valued signings can rank amongst the most important:

I mean, it's only the Bears signing Scales to a one year, million dollar contract, yet having our long snapper under wraps for at least another season helps solidify an important piece of our STs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article focuses on free agent safeties, cornerbacks, and linebackers:

While we can never rule out any positional concerns, I'm thinking only the safety spot will command any real attention and potential signing - at least with respect to a starter. We're pretty set at CB and LB, altho particularly with the latter, we might consider a backup for depth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the least valued signings can rank amongst the most important:

I mean, it's only the Bears signing Scales to a one year, million dollar contract, yet having our long snapper under wraps for at least another season helps solidify an important piece of our STs.
1.3 mil to snap footballs between my legs.

Boy... I was focused on the wrong things back in my youth sports days. Trying to become Pudge Fisk/Gary Fencik. When I should have just been the weird kid that spent his free time honing his long snapping skills.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With free agency officially commencing tomorrow, I'd like to see Poles sign a veteran wideout, altho I'd still like to also see one taken in the draft. The two I have mentioned here are not #1 material, but would make for a nice compliment to the passing attack, plus neither would break the bank, cost-wise. The two reasonable WR targets for signing:

Gabe Davis, Buffalo
Curtis Samuel, Washington

Davis:
Younger, bigger, stronger, has a knack for finding the endzone, averaging 16.7 YPR and 7 TDs during his 4 years in the league.
Samuel: Faster, 54% catch-1st down ratio, more versatile for usage in the run game, almost 6 yards per carry on 91 rushes in his career.

I think either one would compliment Moore well. I like Samuel's speed and versatility, but I also like Davis' youth and those impressive reception stats. Hopefully Poles can snag one of them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one. It would be insane to think Barkley wouldn't bring some serious value to our RB corp. He's super versatile, equally adept at both running and catching the football. Think about a troika of Barkley, Herbert, and Johnson - that's a wow. I guess my concern, which might be a useless one, is how does his signing impact the rest of the cap space Poles intends to allocate for other FAs. Is our need at other positions greater than that at RB or is this one of those situations where one says fuck the position, we're talking BPA here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, with the Bucs having re-signed Mayfield, that's one less starting QB on the market. Cousins is controlling the narrative, but my question is with Mayfield off the market, does this have any impact on Fields going elsewhere? I think we all agree that the QB market, when totalling free agents, team cuts, and the impressive draft crop, have all contributed to what seems to be an oversaturation. It might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping the options have now improved somewhat for a Fields trade.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one. It would be insane to think Barkley wouldn't bring some serious value to our RB corp. He's super versatile, equally adept at both running and catching the football. Think about a troika of Barkley, Herbert, and Johnson - that's a wow. I guess my concern, which might be a useless one, is how does his signing impact the rest of the cap space Poles intends to allocate for other FAs. Is our need at other positions greater than that at RB or is this one of those situations where one says fuck the position, we're talking BPA here.

I just questtion his durability,he has played 2 full seasons of his 6 years.....
Albiet he played an awful lot of snaps for the Giants when healthy.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deems like a cheap signing,but we traded a 5th for his backup......?
Not sure we made the right move.