• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in recent history. I must say.
The Niners disagree with you.
Again Jimmy got lucky too as brady was suspended. Do you think he gets that contract without playing any games whatsoever? He would have been somewhat of an unknown and even had the advantage of being younger than bridge which makes it even tougher for the guy. He's running out of time to prove it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, ive quoted fully in other threads. But stick to that narrative. Your doing the same thing here. enjoy.:suds:
That's not always true and in some cases you quoted things that had nothing to do with the topic. It's the old bait and switch to suit your needs. I called you out and then you ran away saying that I'm some evil empire or something. Whatever move on then I have no need to discuss anything with you it only becomes frustrating.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offer who all thought who could get ? seriously?
We're talking about bridge??? You had said previously that you had thought bridge would have received a better deal. Well he didn't for obvious reasons that I've explained and you feel I'm wrong about. So who's really wrong here the proof is there in the contract he received.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not always true and in some cases you quoted things that had nothing to do with the topic. It's the old bait and switch to suit your needs. I called you out and then you ran away saying that I'm some evil empire or something. Whatever move on then I have no need to discuss anything with you it only becomes frustrating.
absolutely it does, its not a bait and switch when i post verbatim what was said. Then the very next post, you still twist it. Time and again sir. Then you just revert to asking questions, while answering nothing. You're doing the same thing here with numerous folks. It's ok. It is what it is. But I attempted to engage for god a year, and twist twist twist, and move goal posts, move goal posts, and deflect(i know i know you didnt do that and dont do that)

We're talking about bridge??? You had said previously that you had thought bridge would have received a better deal. Well he didn't for obvious reasons that I've explained and you feel I'm wrong about. So who's really wrong here the proof is there in the contract he received.
my exact point. Holy hell, round about way of getting there........

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll rephrase this to anyone giving him a semi-decent offer as obviously he would have taken a better offer especially from a contender. I didn't see anything out there personally but maybe I'm wrong. I also personally believe that if he had started a whole season and given the teams more tape he would have received far better offers. Its only common sense.

Thing is he signed early, if he waited a team like say the Bears or Chargers maybe decides to sign him. Speculation of course, no way of knowing what happens if he doesn’t sign early. In any case no way of knowing if other teams were interested, but seems reasonable to surmise that he would of drawn interest.

As for playing the whole season for the Dolphins, that’s a assumption on your part that they don’t bring in another QB to compete. They didn’t have a back up QB at that time, so I’d say they do sign another QB, maybe Fitz, maybe trade for Rosen, maybe someone else. No way of knowing really and one way of predicting how it goes either. Think the low ball offer made him feel that he was going to be treated as easily replaceable as there was no financial reason to hinder the Dolphins from moving on
Or even to make him the starter.
Had to be demoralizing for Bridgewater, because the Dolphins were the only team that needed a starter and his hometowns team to boot. Dolphins were going to lever that to pay less then he could make as a back up. Thing is a extra 2.5 million was important to a player in Bridgewater position. It’s a large sum of money for players that haven’t really gotten that big contract and may or may not ever get it. Going back to the Saints wasn’t a career killer, just a delay at worse. Either Brees retires or he becomes a free agent again. Yes without playing, he’s in the same position but with more teams and more options to choose from. I ‘m sure he felt the Dolphins were trying to take advantage of his position and win in every way. If Bridgewater actually impress they can keep him for a measly 5 million. If they aren’t so impressed he’s a unemployed QB dropped by one the bad teams in the league.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Jimmy got lucky too as brady was suspended. Do you think he gets that contract without playing any games whatsoever? He would have been somewhat of an unknown and even had the advantage of being younger than bridge which makes it even tougher for the guy. He's running out of time to prove it.
Well actually there was a buzz about him even before the suspension. but I am not debating they got bigger contracts because they got to start.

I have been debating Bridgewater made the right decision to not go to the Miami. Still not sure how this can be argued right now.
is he getting more money because he showed what he could do as a starter. Sure. Dont think anyone disputes that.
Would he had become a starter even if he didnt get to start for brees. yes. Everyone knew someone would come calling to give him a job as a starter.
Now if he goes to Miami & their horrible scenario & looks bad (a very good possibility) or worse looks bad & gets injured. His chances at becoming a Starter again somewhere else are pretty much over.
He made the smart move.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so getting 21 million a year is bad? hmmm 4 million less than brees/brady/rivers....horrible
Of course it's not horrible but he could have done better. Are you now saying 4-8 M means nothing man you must be a millionaire or something.

Also I'm factoring in that he was fortunate to play any games last season. Go and read back. If he didn't play a game do you think he still gets the same contract from carolina? I highly doubt it...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not horrible but he could have done better. Are you now saying 4-8 M means nothing man you must be a millionaire or something.

Also I'm factoring in that he was fortunate to play any games last season. Go and read back. If he didn't play a game do you think he still gets the same contract from carolina? I highly doubt it...
:L cuz thats what i said, twist twist twist.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely it does, its not a bait and switch when i post verbatim what was said. Then the very next post, you still twist it. Time and again sir. Then you just revert to asking questions, while answering nothing. You're doing the same thing here with numerous folks. It's ok. It is what it is. But I attempted to engage for god a year, and twist twist twist, and move goal posts, move goal posts, and deflect(i know i know you didnt do that and dont do that)

my exact point. Holy hell, round about way of getting there........
You make no sense I've been on topic it's not my fault that you can't comprehend a debate about bridge or whatever the topic happens to be. Do I need to reiterate everything I've posted here? If so go back and read it yourself I have no time for you.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make no sense I've been on topic it's not my fault that you can't comprehend a debate about bridge or whatever the topic happens to be. Do I need to reiterate everything I've posted here? If so go back and read it yourself I have no time for you.
holy crap. Im not talking about this discussion. I havent even been part of this discussion really. THIS IS HOW YOU DONT COMPREHEND THINGS.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is he signed early, if he waited a team like say the Bears or Chargers maybe decides to sign him. Speculation of course, no way of knowing what happens if he doesn’t sign early. In any case no way of knowing if other teams were interested, but seems reasonable to surmise that he would of drawn interest.

As for playing the whole season for the Dolphins, that’s a assumption on your part that they don’t bring in another QB to compete. They didn’t have a back up QB at that time, so I’d say they do sign another QB, maybe Fitz, maybe trade for Rosen, maybe someone else. No way of knowing really and one way of predicting how it goes either. Think the low ball offer made him feel that he was going to be treated as easily replaceable as there was no financial reason to hinder the Dolphins from moving on
Or even to make him the starter.
Had to be demoralizing for Bridgewater, because the Dolphins were the only team that needed a starter and his hometowns team to boot. Dolphins were going to lever that to pay less then he could make as a back up. Thing is a extra 2.5 million was important to a player in Bridgewater position. It’s a large sum of money for players that haven’t really gotten that big contract and may or may not ever get it. Going back to the Saints wasn’t a career killer, just a delay at worse. Either Brees retires or he becomes a free agent again. Yes without playing, he’s in the same position but with more teams and more options to choose from. I ‘m sure he felt the Dolphins were trying to take advantage of his position and win in every way. If Bridgewater actually impress they can keep him for a measly 5 million. If they aren’t so impressed he’s a unemployed QB dropped by one the bad teams in the league.
Obviously his decision to sign early but it could be that the majority of teams didn't trust him. After all he put up his numbers on a very good saints team. I've heard saints fans that the D was also playing exceptional at that time. He looked good yet only one big serious offer?

Again about the Fins offer its speculation I was hearing that they offered him a 2nd prove it deal better than the saints. They were desperate for a QB hopefully they get lucky and find a diamond which we all agree could be bridge. I sure felt that way and would be shocked that if he performed they wouldn't have turfed him this happens a lot in sports so not sure why you feel that way? I do appreciate your opinion though and respect it but ultimately he didn't end up with a regular starting QB's contract so no one should play the game that he did. I could see them still making the Rosen deal but who else would they have brought in when they were trying to keep the cap down even Fitz would have been too much. If I'm bridge and confident in myself I think I would feel quite happy going against Rosen one on one don't you?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually there was a buzz about him even before the suspension. but I am not debating they got bigger contracts because they got to start.

I have been debating Bridgewater made the right decision to not go to the Miami. Still not sure how this can be argued right now.
is he getting more money because he showed what he could do as a starter. Sure. Dont think anyone disputes that.
Would he had become a starter even if he didnt get to start for brees. yes. Everyone knew someone would come calling to give him a job as a starter.
Now if he goes to Miami & their horrible scenario & looks bad (a very good possibility) or worse looks bad & gets injured. His chances at becoming a Starter again somewhere else are pretty much over.
He made the smart move.
If you want to debate in hindsight sure you can make somewhat of an argument that he didn't do horribly. But I've been discussing back in time and he was fortunate. I also think that if he didn't play those 5 games it was not a given that he would be handed over a starting gig especially at that salary. That's my point and I don't believe that I'm wrong.

You could also bring in Cousins he played for years on a horrible skins team and parlayed it into a massive contract. Sure worked out well for him. Yes there were risks but he got paid. I give the guy credit he chose to start for a bad team whereas bridge chose to sit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L cuz thats what i said, twist twist twist.
You did say that you thought bridge would have received a better contract when he signed with carolina no? My point exactly he didn't because of all of the reasons I mentioned below. No twisting just facts...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap. Im not talking about this discussion. I havent even been part of this discussion really. THIS IS HOW YOU DONT COMPREHEND THINGS.
Ok so not this discussion as you ran away weeks ago but then why are you back here? From my standpoint only to sling mud with your buddy NW as that's all that he knows. You haven't contributed anything and try to start shit up but I'm in the wrong. Go get a life somewhere else or contribute to the discussion. No one needs some idiot coming in here who just admitted that they haven't been a part of the discussion to only say he's twisting things and this is what he does when they have no F'ing clue. Sorry to be rude but its frustrating partake like an adult or go away pretty simple.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so not this discussion as you ran away weeks ago but then why are you back here? From my standpoint only to sling mud with your buddy NW as that's all that he knows. You haven't contributed anything and try to start shit up but I'm in the wrong. Go get a life somewhere else or contribute to the discussion. No one needs some idiot coming in here who just admitted that they haven't been a part of the discussion to only say he's twisting things and this is what he does when they have no F'ing clue. Sorry to be rude but its frustrating partake like an adult or go away pretty simple.
holy crap. so lets recap
-you got a bit confused as to whats going on in this thread, like usual.
-now were calling me out......and name calling.....when you again interpreted things wrong.
-then you're going to tell someone else to be an adult, when your cussing, name calling, interpreting things wrong, and failing to man up and admit wrong. Got it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously his decision to sign early but it could be that the majority of teams didn't trust him.

Could be? Sure it could, or could be he lands a better contract. In any case Bridgewater is set for life now.

Again about the Fins offer its speculation I was hearing that they offered him a 2nd prove it deal better than the saints. They were desperate for a QB hopefully they get lucky and find a diamond which we all agree could be bridge.
You were hearing ? Sure, but apparently didn't happen. Maybe a verbal communication on a contract that could be better then the Saints, but minus guarantees? Who knows. No info on the terms and no actual proof a firm offer was even made. Fruitless to speculate on the so called second offer. Besides your on record saying Bridgewater should have accepted the original and maybe only offer from the Dolphins. That offer was completely in the Dolphins favor in every way. It was a bad deal for Bridgewater as he loses on multiple fronts.

ultimately he didn't end up with a regular starting QB's contract so no one should play the game that he did.

From spotrac:

Teddy Bridgewater signed a 3 year, $63,000,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $33,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,000,000. In 2020, Bridgewater will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, a signing bonus of $15,000,000, a roster bonus of $750,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $33,000,000.

Not a Aaron Roger contract, but think most back up QBs casting for a starting gig would be OK with this contract.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap. so lets recap
-you got a bit confused as to whats going on in this thread, like usual.
-now were calling me out......and name calling.....when you again interpreted things wrong.
-then you're going to tell someone else to be an adult, when your cussing, name calling, interpreting things wrong, and failing to man up and admit wrong. Got it.
I've interpreted things wrong? In what way I've been in on this discussion since it started. Others have come in after the fact and maybe didn't realize that we were discussing bridges decision back in time not after what we know now and I'm in the wrong? Either way I discussed reasons as to why I believe that he still made the wrong decision even after the fact which is a personal opinion but you have the sole right to say I'm wrong? You leave then come back and start taking pot shots at me when you have no idea what you are saying but that's totally fine? Sorry but I have every right to call you out as you sure don't see me following you around on discussions that I have not been involved in to troll you, discredit you and talk general smack. Grow up brother....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be? Sure it could, or could be he lands a better contract. In any case Bridgewater is set for life now.

You were hearing ? Sure, but apparently didn't happen. Maybe a verbal communication on a contract that could be better then the Saints, but minus guarantees? Who knows. No info on the terms and no actual proof a firm offer was even made. Fruitless to speculate on the so called second offer. Besides your on record saying Bridgewater should have accepted the original and maybe only offer from the Dolphins. That offer was completely in the Dolphins favor in every way. It was a bad deal for Bridgewater as he loses on multiple fronts.

From spotrac:

Teddy Bridgewater signed a 3 year, $63,000,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $33,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,000,000. In 2020, Bridgewater will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, a signing bonus of $15,000,000, a roster bonus of $750,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $33,000,000.

Not a Aaron Roger contract, but think most back up QBs casting for a starting gig would be OK with this contract.
Again in hindsight I'm not saying he ended up with an atrocious contract now. Personally I think he could have done a lot better and lost a year to prove it. Use cousins as an example he paid his dues with a bad team and came out with a megadeal. Depends on your aspirations I guess but you have to respect cousins as some people don't even think he's that good! I believe bridge could have done the same thing in Miami. I think he plays just as well if not better than Fitz and they would have or someone would have paid him better than carolina as they are rebuilding.

But going back in time he didn't know any of this and it took some luck or he could have ended up in the same boat with no film and obviously less money. Face it playing helps a players value especially a QB's. This debate wasn't about just being set for life as all of those players do pretty damn well it was maximizing his value by playing versus sitting. I probably struck a cord because I called him a coward if I went too far I apologize but maybe he was concerned about his knee or something and thought safer to sit the year. Personally I take Miami, Carolina anywhere that I can start I'm glad that he's signed somewhere for his sake.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've interpreted things wrong? In what way I've been in on this discussion since it started. Others have come in after the fact and maybe didn't realize that we were discussing bridges decision back in time not after what we know now and I'm in the wrong? Either way I discussed reasons as to why I believe that he still made the wrong decision even after the fact which is a personal opinion but you have the sole right to say I'm wrong? You leave then come back and start taking pot shots at me when you have no idea what you are saying but that's totally fine? Sorry but I have every right to call you out as you sure don't see me following you around on discussions that I have not been involved in to troll you, discredit you and talk general smack. Grow up brother....
so when i said we were done, and put you on ignore, and you continued to call me out in every post.?

that i could see as others quoted you? nah, not you.

never said i have sole right, thats again, you twisting things. But more than one have said your wrong. You keep doing you. Im definitely done.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when i said we were done, and put you on ignore, and you continued to call me out in every post.?

that i could see as others quoted you? nah, not you.

never said i have sole right, thats again, you twisting things. But more than one have said your wrong. You keep doing you. Im definitely done.
Only mentioned you when your previous comments were relevant. Hell of a lot better than what you do on here to me and others I assume. You pretend to be judge, jury and executioner if no one agrees with you. Adios its too bad as you have some good things to bring to the discussion but for some reason have issues when someone disagrees with you....either way sorry but you won't be missed. Remember this is a discussion forum people have opinions its ok to differ.