• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sitcom Draft Picks

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im cutting Dangle and adding Lorelei Gilmore, Gilmore Girls.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but it was definitely an hour long. No way possible to cram all those complicated conversations between Lorelei and Rory into 30 mintues. LOL. Yes my wife and I watched it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot a sitcom.
Dinosaurs
I think it ran 4 seasons in the 90's.
Pretty much was a spinoff of the Honeymooners and Flintstones but was pretty funny.
All non human cast.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot a sitcom.
Dinosaurs
Pretty much was a spinoff of the Honeymooners and Flintstones but was pretty funny.
All non human cast.

i'm the baby gotta love me

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot a sitcom.
Dinosaurs
All non human cast.

Thing is, EVERYTHING is a spinoff of the Honeymooners and Flintstones...and maybe I Love Lucy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a chart on our final lineups? I got a little lost here. However, I do have a title for my opus.

All shall be revealed today or tomorrow...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how many add/drops can we make?

I've always been at my best workin' the wire. ;)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a chart on our final lineups? I got a little lost here. However, I do have a title for my opus.

All shall be revealed today or tomorrow...
Face was keeping up with the chart more often than me so I let him roll with it.

So, how many add/drops can we make?

I've always been at my best workin' the wire. ;)
If I'm keeping up with the general flavor from the board, you can make as many add/drops as you want, but the idea is to still keep a maximum of 10.

If Face doesn't post a final chart I can do it but you'll have to wait til I get home from work.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man I forgot all about the sitcom Harry and the Henderson's. I loved the show. Harry would be my thing instead of Sigmund the sea monster

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have my write up at some point. Still trying to piece it all together and find a Title.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have my write up at some point. Still trying to piece it all together and find a Title.
So, I guess this is the aforementioned "at some point" and I really don't have it all together yet, nor do I have a title. But I should at least get out the concept of what I was thinking. This is my lineup...

Lucy Ricardo - played by Lucille Ball - Main character in I Love Lucy - Big personality, very funny and mischievous woman who always dreamed of making it big somehow.

Cliff Huxtable - played by Bill Cosby - Main character in The Cosby Show - Big personality, very funny, level headed family man.

Bart Simpson - voiced by Nancy Cartwright - Big character in The Simpsons - Sarcastic, trouble-making kid too young to get into real trouble yet.

Perry Cox - played by John McGinley - Big character in Scrubs - Sarcastic, tells-it-like-it-is, bossy.

Jack Tripper - played by John Ritter - Main character in Three's Company - Slapsticky, clumsy, funny womanizer.

Jackie Burkhart - played by Mila Kunis - Big character in That 70s Show - Airheaded, pretty, popular, teenager.

Jerome "Chef" McElroy - voiced by Issac Hayes - Big character in South Park - Womanizer, perverted, randomly breaks into song.

Monica Gellar - played by Courtney Cox - One of the main characters in Friends - Energetic, hyper, obsessive-compulsive.

Chloe - played by Krysten Ritter - Main character in Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 - Scheming, irresponsible, free-loading, party girl.

The Great Gazoo - voiced by Harvey Korman - Bit character in The Flintstones - Time traveling alien that comes and goes as he pleases, but has an obligation to help whoever discovers him first.

So that's my lineup of characters. I was thinking that this show would revolve around a restaurant that is going to open, maybe in a plaza or something. Jack Tripper is going to be the acting owner of this restaurant. Cliff Huxtable and Perry Cox share an office building since they are both doctors. I know Cliff delivered babies and Cox was a surgeon, so maybe Dr. Cox got out of the ER game and is just doing a general practice or something. Those two are the main investors of this restaurant. Lucy is maybe divorced and moves out to LA or Hollywood or somewhere close to fill her dream of making it big. She ends up getting a job as a server in the restaurant. Bart is a little older and gets a job as a busboy. I'm thinking Jackie maybe works in the doctor's office as a secretary or receptionist. Chef works as Jack Tripper's #2. Monica either owns a bakery in the plaza or maybe even tries to get involved in the restaurant as a pastry chef or maybe both. Chloe would be a regular at the bar that maybe gets talked into working there as a server for a little before getting fired and going back to the other side of the bar. The Great Gazoo gets somehow discovered by Chloe, I'm thinking... probably during an acid trip or something. She is the only person that can see or hear him, so she would be the most believable to engage with him, imo.

Like I said, I have no title now, nor do I have a theme song. But, I told myself when we did this that I didn't want to abandon this and if I did, to make it a point and come back and get down what I had so far.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reminiscing. (From 2 years ago.)

With no sports to speak of, does anyone want to add any honorable mentions?

1) @Yellow Fuzzies
2) @FaCe-LeE-uS
3) @tlance
4) @averagejoe
5) @femurov
6) @Sam Sportboy
7) @wilwhite
8) @The Foot
9) @leftypower
10) @MilkSpiller22
11) @SmokingMonkey
12) @Chef99
13) @Mebert
14) @Barilko
15) @TREFF
16) @HaroldSeattle
17) @molsaniceman
18) @ehb5
19) @Trudem
20) @Bandit
21) @TKOSpikes
22) @broncosmitty
Watched a couple Golden Girls episodes last night and thought of this draft while watching. :suds: