• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @SteelersPride , well that's that. dangit, why are you so simple minded? :pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already get to draft our draft positions, so IMO trading draft position is an unnecessary complication

And trading individual picks will not get the support it needs to reach constitutional amendment.
No, it wont

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for the simple-minded, here's what you need to do. The first thing you would have to do is actually read the constitution and figure out which part you want to amend. That would be this section:

IV. The Draft:
i. A random drawing will take place to determine the order that each team gets to pick their draft spot. For instance whoever draws #1 gets to choose what draft spot they would like first. Whoever draws #2 gets to choose what draft spot they would like second, and so on and so forth until whoever draws #12 gets whatever spot is left. Divisions will be determined by the draft spot chosen. Division A will be draft spots #1, #4, #7, and #10. Division B will be draft spots #2, #5, #8, and #11. Division C will be draft spots #3, #6, #9, and #12. No trading of draft spots or draft picks is allowed. (amended 2016)

Then you would need to come up with the amended wording that you would like:

Steelers would like to propose that the "No trading of draft spots or draft picks is allowed" section be removed and replaced with something like this:

If you want the trading to be able to occur after we select our draft spots it would look like this:

"After each team selects their draft spot (1-12), all teams will have the opportunity to trade the draft spot they selected with another team's draft spot for a period of one week."

or if you want it to occur before we select our draft spot it would look more like this:

"After the random drawing for teams to pick their draft spot occurs, each team will have three days to trade draft selection spots with another team."

or if you want it to be able to occur in either place it would look like this:

"After the random drawing for teams to pick their draft spot occurs, each team will have three days to trade draft selection spots with another team. Then once the draft spot selection has occurred, teams will have the opportunity to trade draft spots for a period of one week."

or if you want to make it simple on the commissioner so he doesn't have to change the divisions and the schedule around:

"After each team selects their draft position (1-12), all teams will have the opportunity to trade draft spots for a period of one week, but they can only trade with another team within their division. Draft spot 1 can only trade with draft spot 4, 7, or 10 and draft spot 2 can only trade with draft spots 5, 8, or 11 and so on and so forth."

Just pick however you want to do it and your formal proposal is done. Not bad for a guy that doesn't know how to use commas.

I don’t think trading draft spots within a week of the order draft accomplishes much. Here is what I suggest for wording of the proposal:

“Individual draft picks may not be traded.

Draft positions may be switched up until 48 hours before the draft. However, division placement is based on original draft slots. Divisions will not be affected by draft position changes.”

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think trading draft spots within a week of the order draft accomplishes much. Here is what I suggest for wording of the proposal:

“Individual draft picks may not be traded.

Draft positions may be switched up until 48 hours before the draft. However, division placement is based on original draft slots. Divisions will not be affected by draft position changes.”
Which is basically what I w was saying in a way.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that everyone would have the dignity, and the respect for the rest of us and the league, that the minute it becomes no longer fun, that they'd all walk away, regardless of reason.
With Treff's wise words in mind, for what it's worth, lately this hasn't been fun.

I hope we're not on the cusp of seeing the MBBRL implode?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Treff's wise words in mind, for what it's worth, lately this hasn't been fun.

I hope we're not on the cusp of seeing the MBBRL implode?
Well those words were definitely meant to be, a general sense of fun and enjoyment in the entire league. Surely not the smaller spats and squabbles that happen everywhere to everyone all the time.

We've often said we're a community, almost similar to a family. Communities disagree, families fight..they still have a great time together as long as common ground can be found.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well those words were definitely meant to be, a general sense of fun and enjoyment in the entire league. Surely not the smaller spats and squabbles that happen everywhere to everyone all the time.

We've often said we're a community, almost similar to a family. Communities disagree, families fight..they still have a great time together as long as common ground can be found.

raw

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw: it should be all just fun and games.

That's why @wilwhite started this in the first place.
Hi, all! Chef dragged me from the politics forum to a thread about constitutional amendments. Hm.

Glad to see you all at each other's throats - er.... engaged!

About constitutional amendments - happily, not everybody has the kind of brain to design a proposed amendment. It's a good thing if others can turn somebody's idea into a votable amendment if it looks like it might have support.

That said, I would dearly love to have seen a proposed amendment written by Dawg.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one of those guys who are good at their jobs, but a complete fucking asshole, aren't you?
Good luck with your money making fantasy empire, douche bag.
That is enough of that crap. .... I think maybe you should go look in the mirror.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just where did the other shots fired refer to him as a 'fucking asshole' and 'douche bag' - 'simple-minded' ain't even close.
No it’s not, but the point stands. Still shots fired, and they were “A ok” by everyone.And there have been others. I’m not gonna get into it, because usually it’s ignored. As I’ve stated before, certain people can say certain things, and argue certain points. Others cannot. It is what it is.

And from this point there will be more people dismissing some things
And being ok with others. People are about to blow up and things are going haywire. So yeah. I’ve said my small piece. And I’m done.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir are not worth wasting anymore words or time. .....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I propose a 48-72 hour moratorium on all league matters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming a shit show I see.

What is the point of this thread if soon as some of us come up with something new we would possibly like to try, we have people threatening to leave the league?

I was all for 1 draft swap per team if it was worded properly but I'm against it now.

Makes no sense to ever try and have some major changes in this league.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it’s worth, I am no opposed to trading draft slots. However I love the way we do it now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it’s worth, I am no opposed to trading draft slots. However I love the way we do it now.
I see after asking me a question, my other post was glossed over.

Last thing I’ll say here.

It wasn’t changing us selecting our spots. It’s about if someone changed their mind AFtEr selecting their spot, they had the option to trade that slot, up to say 48 hours before the draft. That was all.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we already pick our spots, what's the point of trading them? If we did them randomly and stuck with that, I could see how trading spots may be an option.