• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the "chill" before @TREFF hit it on my phone.............

does anyone know about the draft picks

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do wonder what kind of experience led to this " I'd rather quit the league" then do FAAB. I certainly don't see as it as that big of a game changer myself and I've been in plenty of leagues that use it. I'd even say those that support it heavily are over estimating its importance by a good deal.
Maybe they used real money? :noidea:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the "chill" before @TREFF hit it on my phone.............

does anyone know about the draft picks
No worries sometimes I need to chill a bit.

But it is how I feel. Theres just some types of leagues I get zero enjoyment from..best ball, 2 QB/Super flex, FAAB, auctions...is what it is

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to all - hold the train. This thread is for Constitutional amendments/changes. Unless someone wants to make a proposal to add specific waiver/auction rule(s) to the Constitution then this discussion is best taken up elsewhere. .... if someone wants to make a formal proposal then do so - in the manner established - - if it gains enough support we'll put it to a league-wide vote. ..... if not, let's move on. ....
So far we have one formal proposal by Bandit and it seems to have sufficient support for a vote. ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to all - hold the train. This thread is for Constitutional amendments/changes. Unless someone wants to make a proposal to add specific waiver/auction rule(s) to the Constitution then this discussion is best taken up elsewhere. .... if someone wants to make a formal proposal then do so - in the manner established - - if it gains enough support we'll put it to a league-wide vote. ..... if not, let's move on. ....
So far we have one formal proposal by Bandit and it seems to have sufficient support for a vote. ...
I only brought it up tongue n cheek, never even intended a discussion at all...if I had had a clue, I'd have never said a darned thing anyways.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only brought it up tongue n cheek, never even intended a discussion at all...if I had had a clue, I'd have never said a darned thing anyways.
I suspect not - nor would I have expected it to get into a heated discussion. Normally I would just shrug it all off, but it just seemed to be getting too serious - and still no actual proposal. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect not - nor would I have expected it to get into a heated discussion. Normally I would just shrug it all off, but it just seemed to be getting too serious - and still no actual proposal. ....
Lets just bury the topic and fly with what we have.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument could be made that locking a waiver order does favor certain teams. Good teams who were not bitten by an injury bug have first crack at getting better. That doesn't sound fair either.

If we can't agree and it looks like there are strong opinions both ways, I'd be all in favor of FAAB.

That is just it though Joe.

Non resetting waivers doesn’t favor anyone. Rules are the same for all.

You only have first crack at getting better if you preserve your spot. Just like FAAB, everyone has the same opportunity.

What I can tell you for sure is that having first crack at waivers every week is the definition of unfair. That is what the vampire league is for

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB is the one option I won't play under. If its rolling so be it, if its resetting, great, if its FAAB, consider it my last season. I truly cannot express how much I loathe that system

Cmon man.

I promise you that you don’t hate FAAB more than I hate resetting waivers.

But I am not going to threaten to quit the league if I don’t get my way.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

I promise you that you don’t hate FAAB more than I hate resetting waivers.

But I am not going to threaten to quit the league if I don’t get my way.

I'm gonna bite my tongue on most of what I'd like to say to this.

I'll just say, that I would hope that everyone would have the dignity, and the respect for the rest of us and the league, that the minute it becomes no longer fun, that they'd all walk away, regardless of reason. Cuase if you're not enjoying it, your heart ain't in it like it should be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna bite my tongue on most of what I'd like to say to this.

I'll just say, that I would hope that everyone would have the dignity, and the respect for the rest of us and the league, that the minute it becomes no longer fun, that they'd all walk away, regardless of reason. Cuase if you're not enjoying it, your heart ain't in it like it should be.

Treff,

That is all well and good. I respect you a great deal, and I don’t want you to leave the league. But when you make that threat you are taking advantage of all the really kind folks that we have in this league and it really isn’t fair.

I don’t think FAAB would pass a 2/3 vote anymore than resetting waivers would. And it seems like both are tabled for now, which is good because rolling waivers is a good compromise between the two extremes. But, we have processes in this league for a reason. Threatening to leave if a vote goes the wrong way takes advantage of those processes.

And I think that is a really shitty move.

That said, I still love you man.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB is the one option I won't play under. If its rolling so be it, if its resetting, great, if its FAAB, consider it my last season. I truly cannot express how much I loathe that system

Why? It gives everybody the exact some opportunity while also rewarding owners who are better at it. Isn't that ideal?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff,

That is all well and good. I respect you a great deal, and I don’t want you to leave the league. But when you make that threat you are taking advantage of all the really kind folks that we have in this league and it really isn’t fair.

I don’t think FAAB would pass a 2/3 vote anymore than resetting waivers would. And it seems like both are tabled for now, which is good because rolling waivers is a good compromise between the two extremes. But, we have processes in this league for a reason. Threatening to leave if a vote goes the wrong way takes advantage of those processes.

And I think that is a really shitty move.

That said, I still love you man.

Agree with this. I certainly don't want Treff or anybody to leave the league but we shouldn't be voting based on how strongly certain posters agree or disagree.

If somebody wants to leave due to a rule change, that's a shame, but fine. But publicly stating that before hand especially when you're a long time member and heavily active member comes off as a bit manipulative (not saying this was the intent). Whether intentional or not comments like that are going to influence votes and make the vote not about the rule but about which owners we can and can't afford to lose.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY GOSH GUYS - THE WAIVER THING IS A DEAD ISSUE UNLESS SOMEONE MAKES A FRIGGIN FORMAL PROPOSAL - - MOVE THE HECK ON. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoof...it's a little hot in here today!

giphy.gif
:peace::peace::peace:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a couple of hours to drive through Washington DC and I will be fired up more than all in here.

I do not know why the wife planned to drive across country on the 4th of July. Or why I did not veto this idea