• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your position, but for the life of me can’t understand it.

Any rule that favors certain teams over the rest is a bad rule. Everyone should have the same opportunity on waivers, whether it be the way we have it or FAAB.

Don’t punish the teams that draft well and have early success.

Also, resetting waivers means there is zero strategy as far as when to use your top claim. The way we have it now you really have to think.

Is it worth using the top spot on the next RB that might only have the job 2 or 3 weeks, or should I wait?

With resting waivers it isn’t even a thought. You use the waiver every time.

I can’t even begin to explain how much I hate that.
as I stated, I don't want rules creating strategy..that's pretty much it.

I want the owners with the best eye for talent, the best feel for who to start any given week.

Not who's the best at finding other strategic means to victory

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rule that favors certain teams over the rest is a bad rule. Everyone should have the same opportunity on waivers, whether it be the way we have it or FAAB.

Don’t punish the teams that draft well and have early success.
The argument could be made that locking a waiver order does favor certain teams. Good teams who were not bitten by an injury bug have first crack at getting better. That doesn't sound fair either.

If we can't agree and it looks like there are strong opinions both ways, I'd be all in favor of FAAB.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument could be made that locking a waiver order does favor certain teams. Good teams who were not bitten by an injury bug have first crack at getting better. That doesn't sound fair either.

If we can't agree and it looks like there are strong opinions both ways, I'd be all in favor of FAAB.

I second FAAB... best way by far...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys I have searched the Constitution and find nothing governing the rolling or reset of waiver claims as a 'League Playing Rule'. In fact, the only time waivers are mentioned is in the 'Drone' section.

If inclusion is proposed as an amendment, I will need the exact wording and proposed section to be added, as well as the rationale. If this is done the official poll will be open for comment/rationale and a simple vote of "For: Move to Last After Claim or Reset Weekly by Lowest Standing". Those are the only 2 option allowed by ESPN using a waiver type process.
In doing so, it will be subject to vote by the league as a whole and apply to both 'A' and 'B' leagues - needing a 2/3 majority to pass inclusion one way or the other. Otherwise, it will remain at the discretion of the majority.

I will wait until July 12 for a formal Constitutional proposal - or we will continue to leave it to the discretion of the majority of members via voting poll that can be done at pretty much anytime prior to the league's draft. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's a ESPN option to go that way - but personally I see that as an advantage to those with experience and disadvantage for those with none (me being one) - - but if you want to put together a proposal I'm fine with posting it for vote. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FAAB is the one option I won't play under. If its rolling so be it, if its resetting, great, if its FAAB, consider it my last season. I truly cannot express how much I loathe that system

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys I have searched the Constitution and find nothing governing the rolling or reset of waiver claims as a 'League Playing Rule'. In fact, the only time waivers are mentioned is in the 'Drone' section.

If inclusion is proposed as an amendment, I will need the exact wording and proposed section to be added, as well as the rationale. If this is done the official poll will be open for comment/rationale and a simple vote of "For: Move to Last After Claim or Reset Weekly by Lowest Standing". Those are the only 2 option allowed by ESPN using a waiver type process.
In doing so, it will be subject to vote by the league as a whole and apply to both 'A' and 'B' leagues - needing a 2/3 majority to pass inclusion one way or the other. Otherwise, it will remain at the discretion of the majority.

I will wait until July 12 for a formal Constitutional proposal - or we will continue to leave it to the discretion of the majority of members via voting poll that can be done at pretty much anytime prior to the league's draft. ...
Ughh..how did we miss that being in there?

I know we started out resetting, then after a few years a vote was held to go to rolling. Guess we just never made it part of the constitution and it would be better served as a proposed " rule change", not an amendment

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB is the one option I won't play under. If its rolling so be it, if its resetting, great, if its FAAB, consider it my last season. I truly cannot express how much I loathe that system

>Smarter, better GMs get the best players all year long.
>Treff loathes when the smarter, better GMs out compete him.
:lol:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we started out resetting, then after a few years a vote was held to go to rolling.
You guys can finally graduate to FAAB then.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprising you feel that way.
FAAB really only affects players on waivers. Once the waiver period passes, free agents can be added like usual. (I think.)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt read all of this, i HATED faab with a passion. That being said, i love it. FAAB if its an option

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once draft order is selected. Are we currently allowed to "trade" positions if we want. Its small but i like that option in my leagues. We draw for slots, and then trade if we find a partner. I know we now get to select our slots. But lets say my choices are 6 or 10. The guy that "picked" 3 decides he doesnt like it, can we trade. I assume there will be zero trades, but is there an option

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprising you feel that way.
FAAB really only affects players on waivers. Once the waiver period passes, free agents can be added like usual. (I think.)
It strikes at the very core of "manipulating rules" and about as opposite of "keep it simple stupid", as you can get. Owners with experience have a tremendous advantage over those who don't. I'll gladly play under rolling waivers any day then even bother with FAAB. On its face, yes everyone has equal opportunity, but in reality, no, its not even close to " fair ".

If that makes me sound like a douche who takes his ball and goes home, so be it, I won't play under FAAB, its just not fun, and that's supposed to be the whole point.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think FAAB gives a massive advantage to those experienced with that option. I would prefer the vote to be between rolling waivers and weekly resetting waivers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled to your view. That's why we have these discussions. Just wasn't expecting such strong opposition to FAAB from you.

I'd rather stick with the rolling crap than loose Treff.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only done FAAB in a few leagues and I have to say that I hate it too. When you are in as many leagues as I am, the last thing you want to do is spend extra time on waivers. It's bad enough just deciding to put in a claim on a guy, but it's even worse if you have to figure out exactly how much of your money you're going to spend, which turns out to be a process and I end up changing the dollar amount like 15 times before the claims come through. I just don't have the extra time for that crap. I'm not exactly sure how anybody could be for the waivers resetting and for FAAB at the same time because they are completely alternate trains of thought. If you think that the waivers should reset because it gives the teams with the worse record a better shot at turning their season around, I understand that, but FAAB is the opposite of that. It gives all teams the same shot at every free agent so the teams in 1st place have just as much chance to land a prized free agent as the last place guy. If anything FAAB is geared toward the teams at the top of the standings because in most cases they will be the only ones with any money left towards the end of the season. I won't go as far as to say that I'd quit, but honestly I would probably just ignore the waiver process completely and pick guys up as free agents once they clear.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to lose Treff over how we do waivers, that would be crazy. So lets just keep them as is. Change doesn't come easy in MBBR leagues and that's fine, makes them a bit different then the bulk of leagues out there.
Personally don't have a problem with FAAB. in the dynasty leagues that use it most end up with the bulk of there$ left. I'm going to find out how it works in a redraft league this season, maybe I won't care for it IDK.:noidea:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who does have experience with FAAB, the comments expressed just make me wonder what fascist fantasy regime you guys were part of at one point.

Just how many team-changing, got-overlooked-in-the-draft type waiver players do you think are available each week?

If someone wants to shell out the bulk of their budget on Frisman Jackson based on a week-one serendipitous boom, that's no different than a guy burning his coveted waiver position.

And of course I mean this with the utmost respect since I love you guys.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who does have experience with FAAB, the comments expressed just make me wonder what fascist fantasy regime you guys were part of at one point.

Just how many team-changing, got-overlooked-in-the-draft type waiver players do you think are available each week?

If someone wants to shell out the bulk of their budget on Frisman Jackson based on a week-one serendipitous boom, that's no different than a guy burning his coveted waiver position.

And of course I mean this with the utmost respect since I love you guys.
Yes, I do wonder what kind of experience led to this " I'd rather quit the league" then do FAAB. I certainly don't see as it as that big of a game changer myself and I've been in plenty of leagues that use it. I'd even say those that support it heavily are over estimating its importance by a good deal.