• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FEB 16 > Sitcom Draft

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't either. Toyed with different ideas.
Channeled my inner Foot and Milk for some off-the-wall scenarios.
Realized most of my characters had something in common. That helped with a plot.

I'm treating Homer like a normal character ignoring that he's animated. It's not like any sitcom characters are REAL anyway.

I loved Bewitched and I dream of genie... But both shows would have been so much better if the Human would allow for better magical scenarios...

That is what Jerry Seinfeld is perfect for... his What ifs and observational humor... Including an episode of a Hamburger eating humans...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Bewitched and I dream of genie... But both shows would have been so much better if the Human would allow for better magical scenarios...

That is what Jerry Seinfeld is perfect for... his What ifs and observational humor... Including an episode of a Hamburger eating humans...

I loved this one ..... such a great comeback. ..

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I'm happy with my cast so won't be trading or grabbing anyone new. ... speaking of which, I'm thinking I'll post the top 10 on my list that didn't get drafted. Probably will wait a day or two after the draft is complete. ...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no plot but have been toying with some title ideas..................

"You're the Asshole, Not Me"

"4 Harpers, A Ballplayer, A Spy and a Bitch Named Peggy"

"The Kidnapping of Edmund Blackadder and the Spy Who Saved Him"

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I'm happy with my cast so won't be trading or grabbing anyone new. ... speaking of which, I'm thinking I'll post the top 10 on my list that didn't get drafted. Probably will wait a day or two after the draft is complete. ...

I really wanted to draft a certain Jason alexander cartoon character... if I had one more pick, he would have been it... I am sure nobody will draft him, and wouldn't be surprised if nobody remembers that show...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome.
Still hoping @Bandit does some kind of write-up too.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome.
Still hoping Bandit does some kind of write-up too.

Really doubt that he even attempts to cover anyone's draft but his own. Too many shows that he hasn't and doesn't watch. Besides, we all have our own (evidenced by the draft) opinion of funny .... I think everyone is better served just doing their own - if they want. .... thinking title, setting (where), premise/plot, and brief of each characters part. That should be enough. ..... IMO - doing an actual show script is a bit much.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF

its funny you called Homer a cartoon Al bundy, I disagree with that, but

Leela from futurama was definitely a peggy... In fact there was an episode tributed to Married with children

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the options for my bar-regular last pick, I already have an add/drop in mind.

#wilwhitesitcomsowhite is trending, and of all the alcoholic sit-com characters I can think of, not a single one is a minority. (Weird. Or maybe not.)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF

its funny you called Homer a cartoon Al bundy, I disagree with that, but

Leela from futurama was definitely a peggy... In fact there was an episode tributed to Married with children
Well its indisputable that after a season or two, or whatever it was, that Homer drastically changed from a gravely voiced, grumpy, cranky, gruff dad, to the loveable buffoon dad, just like fellow Fox character Bundy. Perfectly fine to disagree that that change was inspired by the success of Al Bundy, but pretty silly to not see the obvious correlation and summarily disregard the possibility.

Didn't watch Futurama much, but yea, she literally was Peggy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its indisputable that after a season or two, or whatever it was, that Homer drastically changed from a gravely voiced, grumpy, cranky, gruff dad, to the loveable buffoon dad, just like fellow Fox character Bundy. Perfectly fine to disagree that that change was inspired by the success of Al Bundy, but pretty silly to not see the obvious correlation and summarily disregard the possibility.

Didn't watch Futurama much, but yea, she literally was Peggy.

didn't mention this to spark the debate back up... LOL... was more of peggy is Leela comment...

and either way, Homer and Al were based on fred Flinstone who was based on Ralph Kramden... Not sure who Ralph was based on, but I am sure it was someone...

There was a great southpark episode called "Simpsons already did it" and it basically said that there is no originality anymore...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely spaced my favorite character of all time until just now. I am a little grumpy about it. I don't see how he would fit in any show other than the one he is in either. So maybe not so bad.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise, I'll prolly be a little late to my pick but should be back on at 5-530 Mountain..........I imagine Foot will be making his pick soon so just a heads up.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't mention this to spark the debate back up... LOL... was more of peggy is Leela comment...

and either way, Homer and Al were based on fred Flinstone who was based on Ralph Kramden... Not sure who Ralph was based on, but I am sure it was someone...

There was a great southpark episode called "Simpsons already did it" and it basically said that there is no originality anymore...
Ha, well I'm with yac%1000 the Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty were virtual carbon copies of Ralph, Alice, Ed and Trixie. Shocked Fred worked in a quarry and wasn't a bus driver.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no plot but have been toying with some title ideas..................

"You're the Asshole, Not Me"

"4 Harpers, A Ballplayer, A Spy and a Bitch Named Peggy"

"The Kidnapping of Edmund Blackadder and the Spy Who Saved Him"
I know nothing about your characters, so I'm just spit-balling here.
Harper family are in the witness protection program.
Because they are idiots themselves they found it necessary to hire personal body guards.
But they are the cheapest, and most incompetent group.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I draft 9 year old Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that last pick was difficult.. Like many of you, I too had 5-6 people I still really wanted. Most of them were double-dipping on sitcom shows that I already drafted from, which ultimately was my deciding factor. While Bernadette may not fit well into my sitcom group, I still thought it needed another womanly touch. And she could provide some stability that my group needs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Male: Al Bundy
Male: Ricky Lafleur
Woman: Kitty Forman
Woman: Bernadette Rostekowski-Wolowitz
Child: Steven Hyde
Non-Human: Towelie
Flex1: Randy Marsh
Flex2: Frank Reynolds
Flex3: Max Black
Flex4: Rafi

You're going to have to give me a while to come up with a good sitcom scenario/episode... But each character is gold! Definitely focused on the comedy aspect vs iconic.

A crew filled with low-life alcoholic assholes, real scum of the earth types, but all hilarious (Bundy, Lafleur, Hyde, Reynolds, Black)... Mixed with a couple lovable motherly figures both old & young (Forman, Wolowitz)... Mixed with 2 bipolar wildcards (Marsh & Rafi)... Mixed with an enabling, pot enthusiast of a towel.

What could go wrong?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Bernadette! Hotter than Penny, just as funny as the best of them. Steal of the draft candidate :D