• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FEB 16 > Sitcom Draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Bernadette! Hotter than Penny, just as funny as the best of them. Steal of the draft candidate :D
Honestly, aside from Sheldon, she's one of the funniest characters on the show. She's adorably feisty.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking I'll post the top 10 on my list that didn't get drafted. Probably will wait a day or two after the draft is complete.
I can't wait.

My top 10 of undrafted characters (off the top of my head):

1) Niles Crane - Frasier
2) Gilligan - Gilligan's Island
3) Fran Fine - The Nanny
4) Ted Baxter - Mary Tyler Moore Show
5) Eddie Haskell - Leave It To Beaver
6) Laverne DeFazzio - Laverne & Shirley
7) Mickey Dolenz - The Monkees
8) Harry Solomon - 3rd Rock From the Sun
9) Newman - Seinfeld
10) Danny Partridge - The Partridge Family

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

1) Niles Crane - Frasier
3) Fran Fine - The Nanny
9) Newman - Seinfeld

And just to add to yer list......................

Buck-Married With Children
Rose-2 1/2 Men (imagine that)
Eddie Munster- The Munsters
Uncle Fester-The Addams Family (who I would have drafted as non human if Wiki didn't say he was, um, human)
Stevie-East Bound and Down
The maid from the Jeffersons (had her, Evelyn Harper, Rose and Hyacinth Bucket as my 4 fer the last Female Role.

I honestly could have drafted damn near all of my team from 2 1/2 men. Judith and Herb were funny as all hell..........IMO.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just getting warmed up...

x) Grady Wilson - Sanford & Son
x) Les Nessman - WXRP in Cincinnati
x) Frank Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond
x) Luther Van Dam - Coach
He should be in my top 5 undrafted. Jerry Van Dyke's assistant coach character was simply hilarious. He single-handedly made that show funny.
x) Fez - That 70's Show
x) Leo - That 70's Show
x) Izzy Mandelbaum - Seinfeld

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Golden Towers"

Elaine Benes (F-1)...
is out of prison and has decided to leave Manhattan behind. She moves into a small apartment complex, Golden Towers, located in Brooklyn. It even has a nice little diner, where she instantly meets someone with a need for a freelance editor. Although, somewhat intimidated, her experience with pushy bosses cannot be exaggerated and she graciously accepts after the happenstance encounter.

Claire Hanks (Flex)... is that someone needing a new editor, starting her new career as a legal biographer. After leaving her husband (for reasons unknown), she is looking for someone with experience, but doesn't want to be beholden to bigger firms. While her stern approach scares Elaine, luckily, their symbiotic fate begins in the diner when they order the same lunch, and notice they both have the same disappointment while eating. (yes, I had to google Claire's maiden name)

Stanley Roper (M-1)... it didn't work out with Helen, so he left the west coast for cooler pastures. Unfortunately, he realized he wasn't prepared for independence on the little things in life. Ironically meeting his sarcastic soul mate and they hit it off. They get married and he opens Golden Towers to continue his landlordish life. He's never known the grumpiness about to engulf him when winter arrives. With no Helen or Jack to take out his frustrations on, he may be in for more than he bargained.

Dorothy Petrillo-Roper (F-2)... that's right! After making her way back home to Brooklyn, she was only lacking in companionship...and maybe a little conflict. It didn't take long after she met her soul's counterpart at the airport. They fight over a cab until they reluctantly decide to share it. Little did they know, they'd be sharing an apartment soon thereafter. And let's face it, Dorothy is certainly used to vocalizing disgust when saying the name, "Stanley"...wanting to avoid the name was denial.

Alex P. Keaton (Child)... okay, so we must suspend disbelief a little, as Alex takes a summer internship with his grandfather's sister, Dorothy. Attracted to "Golden" Towers, Alex is disappointed in the "less than golden" attributes. However, his love for real estate and money leads him to believe this is a test, and he can fix this place up for better profit (to the chagrin of Mr. Roper), and he stays in Brooklyn to finish high school (keeping him closer to his real prize...Manhattan).

Debra Whelan (Flex)... she had enough of in-laws and squabbles, and left her housewife house life to open her own diner... Deb's Diner located in Golden Towers, where she now lives. She may have lost some of the stress she has carried for a long time, but her cooking could still use an upgrade. Has passive aggressive insults followed her to Brooklyn? Can she handled it? (yup, had to google that maiden name too)
https://youtu.be/97NbMP_vcqQ?t=8

Geoffrey Butler (M-2)... also taking his west coast to the Atlantic, Geoffrey quickly lands the job of handyman/janitor at Golden Towers. His snarky attitude fits right in, as he wonders if his sanity will remain, surrounded by likewise sarcasm, and grumpy old men. And what's wrong with a little skirt chasing of the new lawyer-writer in the halls?
https://youtu.be/hR-CePbkuLQ

Frank Costanza (Flex)... leaving Queens behind, Frank has set out on his own and life brought him to Golden Towers. A nice, small apartment across from a talkative doorman with whom he can spend his days arguing. Likely, the most targeted and certainly most aggravated victim of a pesky mouse who loves to terrorize. Can he keep his serenity?
https://youtu.be/CBVPvxrNXxY

Chief Wiggum (Flex)... shunned from the Springfield Precinct, he moved, and self demoted to a security guard/doorman at Golden Towers. While guests, tenants, and perspective tenants have a hard time getting passed his unwillingness to shut up, he is quite harmless. Unfortunately for Frank, the mouse also knows that and always gets the better of him. Doesn't stop his relentless pursuit to someday find justice.
https://youtu.be/vhQkhppsZ4M

Itchy the Mouse (Non-Human)... Itchy has left the world of murder, and settled into petty theft and pranks. Living in the walls of Golden Towers, never did he have so many victims.
https://youtu.be/YQv9li5Qeww

:yo:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Bart Simpson? I'm having trouble trying to fit him into my story.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't figure out who to leave off my 'un-drafted list' (and not already mentioned) so here they are. Listed by category:

FEMALE
JEN COLLINS SHORT LIFE IN PIECES
VIRGINIA SLIMS CHANCE RASING HOPE
MOIRA ROSE SCHITTS CREEK (2015 - )
ELLIOT REID SCRUBS
ROSA DIAZ Brooklin nine-nine
VANESSA CELLUCCI KEVIN CAN WAIT
RONNIE (STEWARDESS) LA TO VEGAS
HALEY DUNPHY MODERN FAMILY
MELISSA THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
GAIL KLOSTERMAN THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
AMY FARRAH-FOWLER BIG BANG
NICHOLE (STRIPPER) LA TO VEGAS

CHILD
DARLENE CONNOR ROSEANNE
SHELDON COOPER (Child) YOUNG SHELDON
BEAVER CLEVER LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
BOBBY KING OF THE HILL
DENNIS DENNIS THE MENACE
EDDY HASKELL LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
KEVIN ARNOLD THE WONDER YEARS

MALE
EARL HICKEY MY NAME IS EARL
CAPTAIN DAVE LA TO VEGAS
JOHN BETRAM SHORT LIFE IN PIECES
"BURT" JEBBIDIAH CHANCE RASING HOPE
ADAM BURNS MAN WITH A PLAN
DON BURNS MAN WITH A PLAN
RANDY MY NAME IS EARL
DARNELL'CRABMAN' TURNER MY NAME IS EARL
DAVID ROSE SCHITTS CREEK (2015 - )
TED BAXTER THE MARY TYLER-MOORE SHOW
PHIL 'TANDY' MOLLER THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
BULL SHANNON NIGHT COURT
ROLAND SCHITT SCHITTS CREEK (2015 - )
KARL COWPERTHWAITE (the cannibal) THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
KEVIN GABLE KEVIN CAN WAIT
DR TIMONTHY HUGHES LIFE IN PIECES
JOE BURNS MAN WITH A PLAN
ROBERT BARONE EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND
JAKE MALINAK (BLIND GUY) BECKER
ALBERT 'POPs' SOLOMON THE GOLDBERGS

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes
Very clever spin on the characters. Including the maiden names. And it did not escape my notice how you incorporated "golden" into your sitcom "saga." Nice!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty's Show -
Show: THE INN LEAGUE (or The Brains, Bimbos, Inn Keepers, Jock and Crazy Ma League)

Setting: The show takes place in the Schitt's Creek Inn which is owned by Johnny Rose, a divorcee who was banished from the business world for crimes committed. He, along with the other members of the cast, are the only outsiders to take residence in the town in over 100yrs. They are not overly welcomed by the locals so they all reside in the Inn and pretty much stay to themselves. They develop a common bond in fantasy football, and formed The Inn League.
PICK 9 - Sheldon Cooper (male) - Brilliant, socially awkward scientist who works at the university in a neighboring town. He moonlights doing an on-line science show (Fun with Science) in his living room along with his live in mentor. His approach to the league is purely analytical, yet he has never won.
PICK 34 - Kelly Bundy (child) - niece to Berta who became her guardian after her father wiped out the rest of the family following 24-hr shoe sale. Kelly is a dim-witted, sexually active teen who knows how to get her way with men. Her approach to the league is to draft only guys with nice butts. Strangely, she has won the league 3 yrs in a row. She developed a major crush on Sam, mainly because he's the only guy near her age in the Inn.
PICK 51 - Mr. Floppy (thing) - Sheldon's best friend given to him at a young age by his shrink since he had no human friends. Mr Floopy often gives bad advice on day to day social interactions and is only heard by Sheldon.
PICK 76 – Berta (female) - housekeeper, cook and maintenance person for the Inn, also guardian to Kelly. Tough woman who grew up assisting her biker dad at his shop. Lives across the hall from Sheldon and interacts with Sheldon and his roommate on a daily basis. Uses a tough guy approach in all her draft choices - so an injury means automatic dismissal from her team. She gets her kicks from hiding Mr. Floopy just to annoy Sheldon.
PICK 93 - Dr. Robert Hartley (male) - Sheldon's shrink, mentor, live in roommate and substitute father. Also, did a night-time science oriented TV show which lead to the creation of Fun with Science. Goes with veterans in his draft choices, no one under the age of 30 makes his team
PICK 118 - Kandi (female) - Berta's half-sister (same father) from an affair he had while stoned at a rock concert. This ultimately lead to the parents separation which Berta often blames on her. Kandi shares a unit with Linda, she's dumb as a rock but has an unmatched memory for sports trivia. She appears on Sam's sports segment from time to time. Drafts players using her gut and uncanny ability to foresee their future performance - she has won the league a record 6 times and has never finished lower than third.
PICK 135 - Sam Malone (male/flex) - divorced, ex-pitcher for the Red Sox who lives in the complex with his mother. He does a sports segment on a really bad local radio talk show. Often forgets he's in Canada, so his segments are often focused on Red Sox baseball (which is of absolutely no interest to anyone there). Lets ego drive his draft picks which sometimes works but most times does not. Also serves as Kandi’s sometimes boyfriend.
PICK 160 - Linda (from Becker - female/flex) – rents a unit in the complex using the bankroll she was granted in a settlement involving mental anguish suffered while working in the circus as a knife thrower’s assistant. Shares the unit with Kandi who she met and befriended at a local sports bar where she works part-time. She knows absolutely nothing about football, so she uses the knowledge of others at the bar to make picks.
PICK 177 – Johnny Rose (male/flex)- a disgraced LA business man who had all of his assets seized by the IRS in a tax evasion scam. The lone possession he was allowed to keep was a small Canadian town he had bought named Schitt's Creek and the local Inn - mostly because he just liked the name. Acts a commissioner for the league and has screwed up the draft pretty much each year.
PICK 202 - Barbara June "Maw Maw" (female/flex) - Sam's live in mother. She had a pretty wild life which she shares when lucid - which is rare. Often seen sneaking out of the complex, shedding her bra and searching for her lost family that was placed in witness protection following their part in bringing down Johnny Rose (unknown to him). The rest of the league humors her by letting her draft guys from the 50's and 60's since she can only remember players from that era.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be writing my story this weekend when I have a bit more time.

You guys could probably care less, but personally, I can't wait!

Same for me. Still toying with a possible theme song. Maybe.

@leftypower
Even though I'm not familiar with some of the characters, the connection between them in the bio is very creative. I just wonder if there's a Freudian reference to tlance being a bimbo?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are all killing it. I still have zero clue what to do. I just picked a lineup that made me happy
No shit..........these guise have damn near scared me away already................and I'll be dropping The Cat from Red Dwarf fer this guy..........................

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some non drafts that i would have drafted with more picks

1. Beverley Goldberg- the Mom in the Goldberg's might be the Best mother on TV... or Smother...
2. Dr. Zoidberg- Futurama... just an amazing character..
3. Duckman- Duckman- Jason alexander was great in this underappreciated animated sitcom
4. Princess Carolyn- Bojack Horseman-
5. Bojack Horseman- Bojack Horseman
6. Opie Taylor- the andy Griffith show
7. Evan Wong- Fresh off the boat
8. any simpson's secondary character(troy McClure, sideshow Bob, etc...)
9. Newman- Seinfeld
10. Grandpa Munster
11. Butters- Southpark
12. Sabrina Spellman- Sabrina the teenage witch

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for me. Still toying with a possible theme song. Maybe.

@leftypower
Even though I'm not familiar with some of the characters, the connection between them in the bio is very creative. I just wonder if there's a Freudian reference to tlance being a bimbo?

Which one ??? :D

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

1) Niles Crane - Frasier
3) Fran Fine - The Nanny
9) Newman - Seinfeld

Buck-Married With Children
Rose-2 1/2 Men (imagine that)
Eddie Munster- The Munsters
Uncle Fester-The Addams Family (who I would have drafted as non human if Wiki didn't say he was, um, human)
Stevie-East Bound and Down
The maid from the Jeffersons (had her, Evelyn Harper, Rose and Hyacinth Bucket as my 4 fer the last Female Role.

I honestly could have drafted damn near all of my team from 2 1/2 men. Judith and Herb were funny as all hell..........IMO.
Stevie for sure as for Joe ‘ list. Ted is a no doubter

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Golden Towers"

Elaine Benes (F-1)...
is out of prison and has decided to leave Manhattan behind. She moves into a small apartment complex, Golden Towers, located in Brooklyn. It even has a nice little diner, where she instantly meets someone with a need for a freelance editor. Although, somewhat intimidated, her experience with pushy bosses cannot be exaggerated and she graciously accepts after the happenstance encounter.

Claire Hanks (Flex)... is that someone needing a new editor, starting her new career as a legal biographer. After leaving her husband (for reasons unknown), she is looking for someone with experience, but doesn't want to be beholden to bigger firms. While her stern approach scares Elaine, luckily, their symbiotic fate begins in the diner when they order the same lunch, and notice they both have the same disappointment while eating. (yes, I had to google Claire's maiden name)

Stanley Roper (M-1)... it didn't work out with Helen, so he left the west coast for cooler pastures. Unfortunately, he realized he wasn't prepared for independence on the little things in life. Ironically meeting his sarcastic soul mate and they hit it off. They get married and he opens Golden Towers to continue his landlordish life. He's never known the grumpiness about to engulf him when winter arrives. With no Helen or Jack to take out his frustrations on, he may be in for more than he bargained.

Dorothy Petrillo-Roper (F-2)... that's right! After making her way back home to Brooklyn, she was only lacking in companionship...and maybe a little conflict. It didn't take long after she met her soul's counterpart at the airport. They fight over a cab until they reluctantly decide to share it. Little did they know, they'd be sharing an apartment soon thereafter. And let's face it, Dorothy is certainly used to vocalizing disgust when saying the name, "Stanley"...wanting to avoid the name was denial.

Alex P. Keaton (Child)... okay, so we must suspend disbelief a little, as Alex takes a summer internship with his grandfather's sister, Dorothy. Attracted to "Golden" Towers, Alex is disappointed in the "less than golden" attributes. However, his love for real estate and money leads him to believe this is a test, and he can fix this place up for better profit (to the chagrin of Mr. Roper), and he stays in Brooklyn to finish high school (keeping him closer to his real prize...Manhattan).

Debra Whelan (Flex)... she had enough of in-laws and squabbles, and left her housewife house life to open her own diner... Deb's Diner located in Golden Towers, where she now lives. She may have lost some of the stress she has carried for a long time, but her cooking could still use an upgrade. Has passive aggressive insults followed her to Brooklyn? Can she handled it? (yup, had to google that maiden name too)
https://youtu.be/97NbMP_vcqQ?t=8

Geoffrey Butler (M-2)... also taking his west coast to the Atlantic, Geoffrey quickly lands the job of handyman/janitor at Golden Towers. His snarky attitude fits right in, as he wonders if his sanity will remain, surrounded by likewise sarcasm, and grumpy old men. And what's wrong with a little skirt chasing of the new lawyer-writer in the halls?
https://youtu.be/hR-CePbkuLQ

Frank Costanza (Flex)... leaving Queens behind, Frank has set out on his own and life brought him to Golden Towers. A nice, small apartment across from a talkative doorman with whom he can spend his days arguing. Likely, the most targeted and certainly most aggravated victim of a pesky mouse who loves to terrorize. Can he keep his serenity?
https://youtu.be/CBVPvxrNXxY

Chief Wiggum (Flex)... shunned from the Springfield Precinct, he moved, and self demoted to a security guard/doorman at Golden Towers. While guests, tenants, and perspective tenants have a hard time getting passed his unwillingness to shut up, he is quite harmless. Unfortunately for Frank, the mouse also knows that and always gets the better of him. Doesn't stop his relentless pursuit to someday find justice.
https://youtu.be/vhQkhppsZ4M

Itchy the Mouse (Non-Human)... Itchy has left the world of murder, and settled into petty theft and pranks. Living in the walls of Golden Towers, never did he have so many victims.
https://youtu.be/YQv9li5Qeww

:yo:
Holy crap my fellow Canadian. So very well done. Gord is watching from above and grinning from ear to ear. Awesome TKO.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop Manny Delgado
Add Leopold 'Butters' Stotch

are we allowed to do this now??