• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but people leaving over a little debate is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Leaving a league because of a little disagreement in the off season? Like seriously man

is it??? we are here for fun... if some are not having fun then let them leave... not saying this about anyone specific, just general...

Chef left because he was not having fun after some "debate"... sometimes we realize that this is just not worth it...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then color me oblivious I guess..........personally, there have only been 2 of the board I have ever not liked...........and now I consider 1 of them to be a pretty cool dude................I won't mention his name but it rhymes with Duh Poot...............

@The Foot ..............had to tag ya if Imma talk about ya
I love all you guys so stop fighting!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it??? we are here for fun... if some are not having fun then let them leave... not saying this about anyone specific, just general...

Chef left because he was not having fun after some "debate"... sometimes we realize that this is just not worth it...

I forgot what that situation was but if we are debating about possible rule changes which is what threads such as this is for then why leave the league? I don't get it but that's just me

I thought threads like this were meant to throw out possible rule changes to be voted on? There are 24 teams so if only 2 or 3 people is open to that rule change then obviously it will never pass. Why let it bother you to that point where it forces you to leave the league?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot what that situation was but if we are debating about possible rule changes which is what threads such as this is for then why leave the league? I don't get it but that's just me

I thought threads like this were meant to throw out possible rule changes to be voted on? There are 24 teams so if only 2 or 3 people is open to that rule change then obviously it will never pass. Why let it bother you to that point where it forces you to leave the league?

i mean, there are some things on these boards that piss me off... i asked @HaroldSeattle to take me off the group PM about Oblivion and who to recommend... i knew my opinion would piss people off... and seeing everyones posts annoyed me as well...

Some of us see this league differently... and for the amount we all spend on these boards, its enough of a dedication for some of us to feel strongly about some stuff...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are under lying issues that the debate on rule change debates can dig up.
Yes, some of the proposed rule changes, in the past, have flown in the face of the principles the MBBRL was founded on, and us "OG" types are passionate about defending those. So sometimes we can come off as stubborn old crotchety assholes, but I don't think this particular instance had anything to do with the actual proposed changes in and of themselves. I feel there's been something brewing for awhile.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming a shit show I see.
What is the point of this thread if soon as some of us come up with something new we would possibly like to try, we have people threatening to leave the league?
I was all for 1 draft swap per team if it was worded properly but I'm against it now.
Makes no sense to ever try and have some major changes in this league.
Well, to be clear, an 'idea' is not a proposal - and the intent of the thread was really not to just throw out ideas. The way to initiate a change was made very clear in the very first post and emphasized at least 4 times after that - yet 8+ pages later, there has been one actual proposal made. That one was voted on and passed already. Bouncing ideas around is fine, but nothing gets done until someone feel strongly enough about a idea to put forth an actual proposal that can be voted on - then the debate can begin in that voting post.
If anyone has an amendment they wish to be considered please state in this manner; 1. specific section and current wording, 2. Proposed change wording, 3. Rationale. Remember the item(s) must gain support from the group which will be noted here. Gaining such support the item will then be put up for vote (2/3 majority must be obtained to carry). I'd like to have these in the next couple of weeks so we can kick off the process. ....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are under lying issues that the debate on rule change debates can dig up.
Yes, some of the proposed rule changes, in the past, have flown in the face of the principles the MBBRL was founded on, and us "OG" types are passionate about defending those. So sometimes we can come off as stubborn old crotchety assholes, but I don't think this particular instance had anything to do with the actual proposed changes in and of themselves. I feel there's been something brewing for awhile.
I'm still of the belief that I was invited into a badass league that was founded by a group of the best FF enthusiasts that the Hoop had to offer. Of which set all the rules in this league in stone long before half this league ever joined. Why mess with the success of this program?

I'm all for the minor tweaks here & there to keep things running smoothly, but drastic changes should never be proposed. If that's the route someone wants to take, then why not create an entirely different league like so many others have done?

That said, I do agree that this was different. Felt predetermined from the start.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be very clear. Nothing was "pre-determined". However, the same issues that have made things somewhat not fun for me, have happened many times.
I'm still of the belief that I was invited into a badass league that was founded by a group of the best FF enthusiasts that the Hoop had to offer. Of which set all the rules in this league in stone long before half this league ever joined. Why mess with the success of this program?

I'm all for the minor tweaks here & there to keep things running smoothly, but drastic changes should never be proposed. If that's the route someone wants to take, then why not create an entirely different league like so many others have done?

That said, I do agree that this was different. Felt predetermined from the start.
As you say this league was about FF enthusiasts, competition, etc. When there are repeated comments made, backed up by others, ignored by others. It becomes semi-annoying. Heck I was even asked directly in this thread a question, it was ignored, and moved on to another member. Happens alot. There is trolling, which I do, @bksballer89 does etc on the main boards. Not here though.Is what it is, personalities are what they are, and certain people can act how they act, and most people allow CERTAIN people to act that way. For me personally, that is what can make it not fun. That being said, by comments in a few other threads, I assume I am on ignore anyways.

Exactly.
i mean, there are some things on these boards that piss me off... i asked @HaroldSeattle to take me off the group PM about Oblivion and who to recommend... i knew my opinion would piss people off... and seeing everyones posts annoyed me as well...

Some of us see this league differently... and for the amount we all spend on these boards, its enough of a dedication for some of us to feel strongly about some stuff...
Which is ridiculous, me and you have bashed heads a billion times, but you stating your opinion pissing people off is insane, that's the point of discussion. But I think you have worded things very well here.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we need a vote on a new amendment to ban new amendments lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...talk about a busy, bright summer leaving me in the dark.

Sorry I missed all of that. (Maybe I'm not?)

Maybe it's wallflower of me, but I'm not concerned with much of anything regarding rules. Wind blows kind of thing.

Though I will bring my Canadian wrath if you try to impose roster limits for RBs. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...talk about a busy, bright summer leaving me in the dark.

Sorry I missed all of that. (Maybe I'm not?)

Maybe it's wallflower of me, but I'm not concerned with much of anything regarding rules. Wind blows kind of thing.

Though I will bring my Canadian wrath if you try to impose roster limits for RBs. ;)

Can’t have more than 8. That is actually in the ESPN settings that we have always used.

That allows you to have an RB at FLEX, in both starting RB spots and filling your entire bench.

I hope that is enough for you!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t have more than 8. That is actually in the ESPN settings that we have always used.

That allows you to have an RB at FLEX, in both starting RB spots and filling your entire bench.

I hope that is enough for you!

I guess so. And I've done that many times.

But if that bench is ever increased....watch out! :kk:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so. And I've done that many times.

But if that bench is ever increased....watch out! :kk:

Just remember, Treff will hunt you down if you ever try to create an extra RB spot by dropping your kicker.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, Treff will hunt you down if you ever try to create an extra RB spot by dropping your kicker.

As he should.