• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Mrs 43's school, there are 40 teachers.

Only one has said they'd continue teaching if it was mandatory to have teachers be armed. 39 of 40 in one school will quit.

It's about a 50/50 split between 2nd amendment supporters vs not. I would imagine it extrapolates moderately reliably across the country. Even if it goes insanely down, I think its a pretty safe bet that 75% of teachers would disagree and likely find other employment. Teachers are typically a more liberal group of people, in my experience. I know a lot of teachers. And every one but one I know will leave the profession.

Good solution there, Newt. Create a complete education crisis nationwide.

Although, damaging education levels is a matter of self-preservation for people like Newt.

(the one who wouldn't quit is an 8th grade science teacher who was in Afghanistan as a Marine. He's ALREADY been trained.)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few more tidbits on the NRA:

In the 20's through the 60's they supported gun control laws:
When the NRA Supported Gun Control

Then the late 70's occurred:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4cf65c3ad15_story.html?utm_term=.9c863f6cb3ba
Basically pushed to stop gun education and pushed for more lobbying to stop gun control laws.

...This was their new leader: The Teen Killer Who Radicalized the NRA

...Then in 1980 they endorsed their first President...gee go figure.
BTW..He was the same CA governor who signed the Mulford Act....the Mulford act was a NRA sponsored law, in the 60's, that made it illegal to publicly carry loaded firearms in CA. Sad side story to this it was put in place due to the armed Black Panthers patrolling the streets of Oakland.
...See any irony there in todays defense? If using these hardline NRA folks of today that would be a "well formed militia" but since it was non-whites it is different.

...Also around that same time, in the 80's, they started strengthen ties to gun manufacturers.
If you want to know who actually funds people like Rubio via the NRA:
How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA
Yep the gun manufacturers to give the NRA a boatload of money.

Finally, folks talk about the 80's and on with the rise in mass shootings, hopefully the above will put some perspective around that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god. I got a friend request from a woman at dance. I accepted, thinking she was harmless. She is not.

Immediately I was met with a flood of wild conspiracy theories, the most ghoulish of which are the Parkland Victims Parents Are Paid Actors ones.

Ugh.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god. I got a friend request from a woman at dance. I accepted, thinking she was harmless. She is not.

Immediately I was met with a flood of wild conspiracy theories, the most ghoulish of which are the Parkland Victims Parents Are Paid Actors ones.

Ugh.

:L

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh.

a reason to only dance with your sister i guess :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh.

Again, I hope those people are next. Not die or anything, just lose limbs. Get holes blown in their faces so babies cry when they go outside. Need to live on a respirator forever. I want them to lie in their hospital beds and talk about how THEY are "actors". Fuck those shit stains.

Speaking of shit stains:
Billy Graham dies at 99 - CNN

Wouldn't it be great if there was a webcam at the Pearly Gates? I would love to see his face when he realizes that his years of trying to get me to pay to him to get in there is precisely the reason why he needs to learn to deal with heat.

My enduring memory of him will be his 3 million dollar RV parked in front of a police car that two offers were driving when they go slaughtered trying to recruit and solicit donations - I mean "help a community heal" - in my town. I actually drove over there today to tell the people in it that I glad their heretic is dead.

But no doubt they have moved on to Florida. Big money in Florida.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Law enforcement tells us arming teachers won't help with this issue. I'd defer to them.

In my experience, most cops are fervent defenders of the second amendment. But nearly every single one I know does NOT want a massive influx of people being armed everywhere.

Because in a fluid, combat like situation of an active shooting they need to identify the bad guy as fast as possible to minimize loss of life, as they are sworn to do. If everyone has a weapon, everyone is potentially the bad guy. It slows down the process of stopping bad guy and increases the likelihood of a mistake killing an innocent person exponentially.

Also, a teacher in Parkland died. Prior to his death, as the shooting started he grabbed students and threw them into his room. At least a dozen. He saved those kids' lives. After getting them into the room, he locked them in and went down the hall to get more kids. But in the gun fetishist fantasy world, his role would be; as soon as he heard gunfire he would have grabbed his gun and charged down the hallway, looking for the shooter.

This teacher was killed, on his own, in the hallway. After saving 12+ lives. In the fantasy world, the only thing that changes is he runs out before saving those 12 kids. What happens to them? One of the girls said she froze. had no idea what to do when he grabbed her and threw her in the room. After the "good guy with the gun" is down, who saves that girl?

It's an entirely illogical "thought" process.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh.

That's too bad. What's worse is that a Florida legislative aide was fired for doing the same thing (accusing a student of being a hired actor) and state Rep. Shawn Harrison (R-Tampa) had to apologize for his aide's actions after he fired him.

The aide then doubled down on his mistake...
"I’ve been terminated from the State House. I made a mistake whereas I tried to inform a reporter of information relating to his story regarding a school shooting. This was not my responsibility. I meant no disrespect to the students or parents of Parkland." And later.... "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

In other words, it's the media's fault (award unlocked - predictable response indicated!) and I still believe the crazy thing I got fired for. This despite the student in question being in the local paper and on YouTube for a science project at the school literally a week before the shoooting.

This is fucked up, people.

The Dems knew the shooting would happen and planted the actor a week beforehand! Those ghouls know no bounds.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, most cops are fervent defenders of the second amendment. But nearly every single one I know does NOT want a massive influx of people being armed everywhere.

Because in a fluid, combat like situation of an active shooting they need to identify the bad guy as fast as possible to minimize loss of life, as they are sworn to do. If everyone has a weapon, everyone is potentially the bad guy. It slows down the process of stopping bad guy and increases the likelihood of a mistake killing an innocent person exponentially.

Yes, yes, and yes.

It's an entirely illogical "thought" process.

M047SEQx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.