• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben Shapiro--who likes to think he's smarter than everyone else--argued the indictments against Russian nationals exonerates Donny Boy and his team, but 1) that doesn't make sense, just in general, because, you know, a lot of people can do bad things together, and also 2) there are very real questions to be asked about Donny Boy, Jr.'s knowledge of the validity of the account and intentions when retweeting these things, and also why the actual Tennessee GOP didn't squash the fake account.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWN08RqVAAAWYBT.jpg:large

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still keep seeing analogies comparing gun control to automobile deaths. And they usually bug me because of how terribly flawed they are.
However this morning one had me thinking of a scenario where a small town wants to put a stop sign up after a couple of bad accidents and AAA swoops into town throwing cash around to ensure it doesn't happen.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I still keep seeing analogies comparing gun control to automobile deaths. And they usually bug me because of how terribly flawed they are.
However this morning one had me thinking of a scenario where a small town wants to put a stop sign up after a couple of bad accidents and AAA swoops into town throwing cash around to ensure it doesn't happen.
plus that whole needing to pass a safety test to get a license, have insurance, regulations being enforced, and if you don't you get your license taken away thing.
oh yeah, and the primary purpose of an automobile is not to kill things

but other than all those things, it's a fantastic analogy. :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sending this to Toni Collette's people.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone shared on Facebook today two maps: the election map, and a map which shows murders per county. Not murders per capita per county, just murders per county.

Obviously, the higher murder rates lined up considerably (but no even all that perfectly) with the counties which voted for Clinton. Because cities voted for Clinton. And cities have more people. So obviously there's more murder there.

This person claims to be smarter than everyone else, but clearly cannot think critically about the memes he posts, because, I mean, come on.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone shared on Facebook today two maps: the election map, and a map which shows murders per county. Not murders per capita per county, just murders per county.

Obviously, the higher murder rates lined up considerably (but no even all that perfectly) with the counties which voted for Clinton. Because cities voted for Clinton. And cities have more people. So obviously there's more murder there.

This person claims to be smarter than everyone else, but clearly cannot think critically about the memes he posts, because, I mean, come on.

abcd8822052bdf96ac604aed4d2f5a82--idiot-meme-election-memes.jpg

Side note nothing is funnier than this guy calling someone insecure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW....If gun laws in the US didn't work then what about the "Tommy Gun" laws.

Prohibition-Era Gang Violence Spurred Congress To Pass First Gun Law

Today, the machine guns that are legal to sell are old — and there is a fixed number of them. As a result, they are expensive, costing in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Those who do wish to purchase one must pass an extensive background check — including submission of a photograph and fingerprints — as well as fully register the firearm, and receive written permission by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives before moving the firearm across state lines. Then of course, there's the tax — which remains $200.

The guns covered by this law are almost never used in crime.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before all the Trump supporters go crazy just remember this is something that others were already trying to get done!

NOTE: His point #2 is what I fear the most assuming this is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.