• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! I still have all my Twitter followers.

I still think a handful are bots of some sort, but not Russian ones.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this "PC" stuff is getting more silly each and every day.....now suddenly supposedly when a coworker shows you pictures of her toddler its "inappropriate" to say "good looking kid, is he/she single?"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this "PC" stuff is getting more silly each and every day.....now suddenly supposedly when a coworker shows you pictures of her toddler its "inappropriate" to say "good looking kid, is he/she single?"

Interviewer: It says here that you worked at Play Now for four days?
comeds: That should be 14 days, let me correct that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god. I got a friend request from a woman at dance. I accepted, thinking she was harmless. She is not.

Immediately I was met with a flood of wild conspiracy theories, the most ghoulish of which are the Parkland Victims Parents Are Paid Actors ones.

Ugh.

Oh my God, it's non-stop. Conspiracy theory after ill-informed meme after misinterpreted video of an interview after...

Does she actually do anything with her life, or is all her time dedicated to sharing un-vetted links on Facebook?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of shit stains:
Billy Graham dies at 99 - CNN

Wouldn't it be great if there was a webcam at the Pearly Gates? I would love to see his face when he realizes that his years of trying to get me to pay to him to get in there is precisely the reason why he needs to learn to deal with heat.

My enduring memory of him will be his 3 million dollar RV parked in front of a police car that two offers were driving when they go slaughtered trying to recruit and solicit donations - I mean "help a community heal" - in my town. I actually drove over there today to tell the people in it that I glad their heretic is dead.

But no doubt they have moved on to Florida. Big money in Florida.
I'm not a fan of any evangelist, but I think the one you're really looking for is his son Franklin, who has controlled the organization and its heavy shift into discriminatory politics in the late '00s/early '10s.

While I disagree with much of what Billy believed in, he wasn't a pathetic political shill like Franklin is. He was huge supporter of civil rights. And unlike guys like Falwell or Bakker, I think Billy Graham was extremely genuine in his convictions and not just exploiting it for personal gains.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victims of school shootings aren't real, they're paid actors.
Ditto for protesters.
Global warming is a scam perpetrated by scientists for more funding.
Hillary had a child #$) ring run through pizza parlors for some reason.
The news media is a giant conspiracy against conservatives.
Election results can't be trusted, which is to say nothing for polling data.
The FBI is part of some deep state that is lying to hurt conservative causes.

At what point is EVERYTHING not in question. And why are all these people who work predominantly in fields (journalism, government bureaucrats, law men, scientists, etc.) to benefit, build up, and protect our society ALL secretly working to tear it apart. I'm not saying there can't be "bad actors" (in the legal sense, not fake gun victims) among those groups, but the idea that across these entire fields they are ALL bad actors is absurd.

At some point, when you have enough of the populous that believes in this garbage, your society ceases to function effectively. Especially when the people pushing these theories clearly have agendas, profit motives, etc.

It's literal madness.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victims of school shootings aren't real, they're paid actors.
Ditto for protesters.
Global warming is a scam perpetrated by scientists for more funding.
Hillary had a child #$) ring run through pizza parlors for some reason.
The news media is a giant conspiracy against conservatives.
Election results can't be trusted, which is to say nothing for polling data.
The FBI is part of some deep state that is lying to hurt conservative causes.

At what point is EVERYTHING not in question. And why are all these people who work predominantly in fields (journalism, government bureaucrats, law men, scientists, etc.) to benefit, build up, and protect our society ALL secretly working to tear it apart. I'm not saying there can't be "bad actors" (in the legal sense, not fake gun victims) among those groups, but the idea that across these entire fields they are ALL bad actors is absurd.

At some point, when you have enough of the populous that believes in this garbage, your society ceases to function effectively. Especially when the people pushing these theories clearly have agendas, profit motives, etc.

It's literal madness.

You know I love my global warming slush money! All those dollars coming my way for being a shill for Big Solar Power are exactly why I live paycheck to paycheck!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think a lot of the troubles I get in at work are goofy rules made up by BIG HR to trap decent human beings like me.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God, it's non-stop. Conspiracy theory after ill-informed meme after misinterpreted video of an interview after...

Does she actually do anything with her life, or is all her time dedicated to sharing un-vetted links on Facebook?

But you haven't unfriended her yet, have you? What kind of "dance" was this?

ce84N7T.gif

:trash:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think a lot of the troubles I get in at work are goofy rules made up by BIG HR to trap decent human beings like me.

did you just copy and paste a trump tweet :think:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you haven't unfriended her yet, have you? What kind of "dance" was this?

ce84N7T.gif

:trash:

You are the worst.

But I generally leave those sorts on my friends list, hoping someday I'll have either the confidence or the audacity to comment, "What the hell is wrong with you, you absolute ghoul?" on one of the posts.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the worst.

But I generally leave those sorts on my friends list, hoping someday I'll have either the confidence or the audacity to comment, "What the hell is wrong with you, you absolute ghoul?" on one of the posts.

I would love to call the people in my feed on their bullshit, but they are all in my wife's family. Cousins included.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the worst.

Also, since I've never actually seen the look the girl in the .gif is giving in real life, I'm not certain I even know what it means.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I love my global warming slush money! All those dollars coming my way for being a shill for Big Solar Power are exactly why I live paycheck to paycheck!

That one gets me too. Let's say I'm finishing my PhD and want to be rich so I:

A)

• Publish multiple papers on atmospheric physics, each taking months-to-years of field work, lab work, editing and writing.
  • Teach undergrad fucksticks how to use excel. Every. Single. Class.
  • Get tenure.
  • Apply for dozens if not hundreds of grants, bursaries, research chairs and other forms of research funding.
  • Compile a decade plus worth of research into a review paper suggesting that recent climate variations are likely the result of human activities.
  • Apply for and get a grant that while worth $500,000, allows me to raise my salary from $105,000 to $117,000 per year.
  • Build island fortress (Bond and No, 1962).

or B)

• Take PhD to oil company and make $150,000 out of the gate and $200,000 within 5 years (if you don't fuck up).

Sooo....

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.