• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the worst.

But I generally leave those sorts on my friends list, hoping someday I'll have either the confidence or the audacity to comment, "What the hell is wrong with you, you absolute ghoul?" on one of the posts.

I think @Darkstone42 just unfriended me!!!

Couldn't handle those red pills eh cuckstick libfucktard?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the worst.

But I generally leave those sorts on my friends list, hoping someday I'll have either the confidence or the audacity to comment, "What the hell is wrong with you, you absolute ghoul?" on one of the posts.

my wife has a "friend" (preemptive: no theyre not boning :L ) like that on facebook that she doesnt communicate with ... just sits back and watch the ignorance. He's an older Texan (again - not boning :L ) that used to work for her fathers company in the 90's. She always knew him as a funny old eccentric guy when he would come visit for meetings here (and would leave town with cases of powdered sweetened ice tea) but now she sees the vitriol and garbage that he spews and shares on facebook ... he is such a sad person - once posted that he hasnt spoken to his son or seen his grandchildren for 15 years ... the type that continues to point out Obamas middle name is Hussein ... how do people exist like this? ... how do they come to be like this? For this guy specifically, it seems like he's come to some sort of life realization that he's a failure and needs to pin his problems and struggles on someone or something

and my wife has comically shown me what happens to his "friends" who question his "shares" or posted opinions ... "another one bites the dust - de-friended" :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one gets me too. Let's say I'm finishing my PhD and want to be rich so I:

A)

• Publish multiple papers on atmospheric physics, each taking months-to-years of field work, lab work, editing and writing.
  • Teach undergrad fucksticks how to use excel. Every. Single. Class.
  • Get tenure.
  • Apply for dozens if not hundreds of grants, bursaries, research chairs and other forms of research funding.
  • Compile a decade plus worth of research into a review paper suggesting that recent climate variations are likely the result of human activities.
  • Apply for and get a grant that while worth $500,000, allows me to raise my salary from $105,000 to $117,000 per year.
  • Build island fortress (Bond and No, 1962).

or B)

• Take PhD to oil company and make $150,000 out of the gate and $200,000 within 5 years (if you don't fuck up).

Sooo....

giphy.gif

Yeah, but that's only the money that's reported in option A. There are billions of undisclosed, under-the-table, crony-capitalist democrat dollars involved!*

*There are zero such dollars.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I love my global warming slush money! All those dollars coming my way for being a shill for Big Solar Power are exactly why I live paycheck to paycheck!

I know, it's so stupid. The scientists one gets me more than any of them. Because (1) Kenny's post about A or B is dead on. I've gotten a grant through my job. You get absolutely nothing from a grant in terms of actual money because it is all earmarked for certain things the organization uses it for. It might raise your profile and help you get a better job at a university or foundation. RISK FACTORS? Since scientific hypotheses/discoveries are repeated, lying about them puts you at massive risk to be shown as a fraud and have your career ruined, so integrity is valued and important.

And also, (2) the scientists don't depend on the results coming up a certain way to continue to be funded, keep their job, etc. Discover the Earth isn't warming? You could get a grant to study why the Earth isn't warming despite scientific models showing it should!! Winner either way.

This is the opposite of "scientists" (because they ain't always scientists) working for corporations/trade organizations who DEPEND on the results of their studies coming out a very SPECIFIC way (think studies by the tobacco industry on health, the oil industry on lead in the air, a chemical plant on toxins in nearby water supply, etc. etc.). And those "scientists" have been exposed again and again and again (tobacco industry, Volkswagen forging emissions results, Buffalo Creek disaster, Love Canal, etc. etc.).

I have yet to see the one where the scientist concerned about the planet goes off the rails for muhahahahaha.... grant money. Not saying it can't happen, but all of them? Fucking ALL of them?!? Oh...except the ones paid by lobbying and trade groups with clear motives whose study MAGICALLY shows the opposite.

Gimme a break.

</rant>

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this guy specifically, it seems like he's come to some sort of life realization that he's a failure and needs to pin his problems and struggles on someone or something

And bingo was his name-o!

If only Hitler had done better in art class...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I sit down and think really hard about why I don't make 500 grand a year as a neurosurgeon. I have concluded that the reason is because of Gays being able to marry, the government doing 9/11, too many abortions, not enough guns, welfare, medicaid, ISIS, the Illuminati, the Earth being flat, chemtrails, Mexicans stealing our jobs and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I do not know how to operate on people's brains.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I sit down and think really hard about why I don't make 500 grand a year as a neurosurgeon. I have concluded that the reason is because of Gays being able to marry, the government doing 9/11, too many abortions, not enough guns, welfare, medicaid, ISIS, the Illuminati, the Earth being flat, chemtrails, Mexicans stealing our jobs and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I do not know how to operate on people's brains.

Very good! 8/10

Not enough ANTIFA, BLM, mainstream media is evil and/or Hilary stole mah babbeeee to get a full mark but a solid effort.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids saw terrible things. And now they are doing something about it. Awesome.

For years I felt like the second amendment should be upheld and respected even though my personal interpretation lands much more on "militia" not being an accidental word in it's phrasing. Now...

#TakeTheirGuns

Status
Not open for further replies.