• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL talk shows

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carr gets the award this year to me.

Calls out the starting QB on a 10-1 team & everyone was like WTF!?!?
Then everything he was saying came out.

To me he wins the NFL talk show analysis award!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll listen to them when don't feel like listening to music at work and want something different to listen to even then I don't take them all too seriously.

These talking heads in sports don't follow these teams as closely as fans do their own teams so they never really have informed opinions of what they are talking about.

The other thing is that the shows are designed to be entertaining more than informative and that's why they are filled with animated big personality types and less the analytical matter of fact types.

I shrug my shoulders when people complain about Skip Bayless for example because people don't realize his opinions on things are more to create entertaining debate on his show and he's playing that role of a wrestling heel to a tee. He fully understands that his show would be less entertaining if everyone was talking about how great LeBron is so he takes the unpopular opinion and it gets people talking and invested in his show because it preys on peoples' desire to "own" him. Most of these other shows are designed similarly to that format but Skip has it mastered.

Or they go the political route with topics and try to drum up a discussion that way and the answer to those debates is usually 99% racism without trying to critically dig into anything to see if there are other factors other than racism.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning they had a highlite of a sideline reporter( name escapes me) asking one of the 9ers how he felt winning.......

Hey look lady,think about it,probably the same way you would feel........look around and you could see your answer......

Cant wait for a player to give a dumb answer for a dumb question like:

"How in the hell do you think I feel" then walk away........