• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at San Angeles, 12;25PM PST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 the Saints Had lattibum and Kamara win O/D rookie of the year

lol jeez okay, happened 5 years ago.

tommy-boy-retarded.gif

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that MrS is the one catcalling you eating crow. Isn't he the one who's been calling for Pete's firing for over half a decade? It's like his hatred for Wilson outweighs his hatred for Carroll.

You just know he's one of those people that no one likes to talk to in real life because he is completely insufferable.

Offense has been playing out of their minds this year, and Geno has been significantly better than anticipated. Defense is starting to come together, and the rest of the west is falling apart. Could be a very different year than was expected.

We have 5 rookies that are playing extremely well right now. K9, Lucas, Cross, Woolen, and Bryant are all playing way better than rookies should be expected to.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 5 rookies that are playing extremely well right now. K9, Lucas, Cross, Woolen, and Bryant are all playing way better than rookies should be expected to.

And Bryant is playing out of position. What a draft by Seattle... And I think we had < 5 hits on Smith yesterday, which is great for Cross/Lucas.

Hoping we get OROY and DROY of the year (K9 and Woolen). If they keep things up looks like that's a real thing. Course, plenty of games left, but hard not to get excited!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown friend in town so decided to hit the sports bar to catch the full game. Things that stuck out to me:
  • This season is happening just how we all drew up in Aug, right? 1st place after 7 weeks, Geno at or near the top of the passing stats, 2 ROY candidates, better record than both of the Bay teams but just a touch behind the NY teams. Yep, easy calls on all of them.
  • Is this the same defense of the first 5 games?? They're pressuring the QB, tackling pretty well, and getting off the field. Almost none of that happened in at least 4 of the first 5 weeks. Youngsters getting their legs under them?
  • KW is a franchise back. Not sure if there is something he cannot do -- almost all of it on display yesterday. His ability sitting there on a rookie contract was a great insurance policy against Penny's health and made that signing a no-brainer. Pete does like to use multiple backs, but fingers crossed for Walker's durability.
  • How about being Drew Lock right now? When the trade happened, you figured for sure you would have a great shot at coming out of camp as the QB1 in Seattle with his only hurdle being an 8 year backup. Not only did that not happen, but Geno is now playing like there's not a sliver of a chance to be replaced. And on top of that unexplainable turn of events, right now Lock would probably be in the huddle in Denver if he didn't come over in the trade.
  • Did we make a mistake paying DK instead of trading him? He seems like a non-factor so far this season. He's had I think 1 really good game and not much else. Not making many of those explosive plays we've seen in the last few years, and now he's got some leg injury (I haven't seen the latest news on it). Maybe there will be more chances with the emergence of a dynamic RB?
  • Well, the shine has worn off on Tariq Woolen -- no INT this week. :) Great to see those rookie DBs making all those plays and holding up in coverage, especially against a talent like Herbert. Should be set at CB for a few more years.
  • Disappointed at the nothing that seems to be coming of Dee Eskridge. I thought for sure he was exactly what the WR corps lacked to fully execute the offense, but it appears he isn't it. That fumble yesterday was brutal and could have opened the door for the Chargers to take control of the game, just can't happen. Why was he back there as a RB anyway when he's been challenged to stay healthy and you have KW?? Do we think he needs to be Cordarrelle Patterson 2.0 to stick in the league? At least he was able to come back in the game.
Just a week ago I still thought this was no better than a 6 win team. Didn't think there was much hope to beat the Chargers, but we all saw what happened there. Getting to where continued solid play from Geno cannot be just dismissed out of hand as an anomaly or aberration. Now it's looking like he can be counted on to helm the offense with proficiency and consistency. I have no earthly idea what to expect from here now, but so far hardly anything makes sense in the NFL this year and it's making me question almost everything I thought I knew.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know he's one of those people that no one likes to talk to in real life because he is completely insufferable.

Well, that's probably true. Even in this, it's all about him gloating and claiming to be right. I don't remember his prediction that Geno would play borderline MVP like qb for nearly a half season. It's amazing how much better Smith has looked this season than he did last season, when I would've rated him around the 1992 QBs in his quality of play.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Did we make a mistake paying DK instead of trading him? He seems like a non-factor so far this season. He's had I think 1 really good game and not much else. Not making many of those explosive plays we've seen in the last few years, and now he's got some leg injury (I haven't seen the latest news on it). Maybe there will be more chances with the emergence of a dynamic RB?

Agreed with most of what you said, but DK still has 400+ yards through 7 games and didn't get to play the full game against San Angeles... And IMO he's a threat that needs to be accounted for by opposing defenses. Also, his contract wasn't too crazy... just under $25M when wideouts were getting paid $30M+ this year.

Sucks he got injured.... NFL needs to start regulating the field/turf that teams are using. It was absolutely ridiculous yesterday the guys going down.

Neal with those 4 pass deflections, though :eek:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mafe is playing very well, too...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with most of what you said, but DK still has 400+ yards through 7 games and didn't get to play the full game against San Angeles... And IMO he's a threat that needs to be accounted for by opposing defenses. Also, his contract wasn't too crazy... just under $25M when wideouts were getting paid $30M+ this year.

Sucks he got injured.... NFL needs to start regulating the field/turf that teams are using. It was absolutely ridiculous yesterday the guys going down.

Neal with those 4 pass deflections, though :eek:
Yeah, that's probably right. I like DK and love what he can do. I wish he made the contested catches more consistently, such as the would-be TD that he couldn't hold onto yesterday. He's a big strong dude and needs to haul that one in. And as far as the money goes, it's a lot easier to accept when our QB is now not making much.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bryant is playing out of position. What a draft by Seattle... And I think we had < 5 hits on Smith yesterday, which is great for Cross/Lucas.

Hoping we get OROY and DROY of the year (K9 and Woolen). If they keep things up looks like that's a real thing. Course, plenty of games left, but hard not to get excited!

DROY odds. Not sure if this updated since yesterday though
Ahmad “Sauce” GardnerCBJets+300
Devin LloydLBJaguars+600
Kayvon ThibodeauxEDGEGiants+600
Tariq WoolenCBSeahawks+800
Aidan HutchinsonEDGELions+1000

OROY odds.
PlayerPosTeamOdds to win 2022 NFL OROY
Breece HallRBJets+275
Dameon PierceRBTexans+500
Kenneth Walker IIIRBSeahawks+750
Chris OlaveWRSaints+1000
Drake LondonWRFalcons+1200

Breece Hall is out. Tore his ACL yesterday.

And lets not forget Geno has a shot at winning something as well:
PlayerOdds to Win NFL CPOY
Saquon Barkley-225
Geno Smith+600
Derrick Henry+1000
Christian McCaffrey+1200
Marcus Mariota+3000

And I have to say that the voters must hate Pete Carroll because he never gets any mention for his coaching skills. He's got a completely rebuilt team full of rookies being led by a cast-off QB and Carroll has them winning and playing well. But Carroll doesn't crack the top 10 for COY odds. He's currently 15th at +5000.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no earthly idea what to expect from here now, but so far hardly anything makes sense in the NFL this year and it's making me question almost everything I thought I knew.

Same here but it's fun watching this team... I had no idea what to expect from them... This team reminds me of the team Pete originally started out with... Players that had chips on their shoulder w/out anyone giving them a chance to win/succeed...

Yes, this years been weird for sure... Tampa losing back to back weeks to Pitt and Carolina? Giants sitting at 6-1? Jets 5-2? Denver 2-5? Hawks 4-3? We have 6 rookies starting out of 22 players and we're 4-3... That's exciting!!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DROY odds. Not sure if this updated since yesterday though
Ahmad “Sauce” GardnerCBJets+300
Devin LloydLBJaguars+600
Kayvon ThibodeauxEDGEGiants+600
Tariq WoolenCBSeahawks+800
Aidan HutchinsonEDGELions+1000

OROY odds.
PlayerPosTeamOdds to win 2022 NFL OROY
Breece HallRBJets+275
Dameon PierceRBTexans+500
Kenneth Walker IIIRBSeahawks+750
Chris OlaveWRSaints+1000
Drake LondonWRFalcons+1200

Breece Hall is out. Tore his ACL yesterday.

And lets not forget Geno has a shot at winning something as well:
PlayerOdds to Win NFL CPOY
Saquon Barkley-225
Geno Smith+600
Derrick Henry+1000
Christian McCaffrey+1200
Marcus Mariota+3000

And I have to say that the voters must hate Pete Carroll because he never gets any mention for his coaching skills. He's got a completely rebuilt team full of rookies being led by a cast-off QB and Carroll has them winning and playing well. But Carroll doesn't crack the top 10 for COY odds. He's currently 15th at +5000.
Breece Hall is out for the season with a torn ACL he suffered yesterday so that takes him out of the mix...

edit: LOL... DIdn't realize you stated that in your initial text...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's probably right. I like DK and love what he can do. I wish he made the contested catches more consistently, such as the would-be TD that he couldn't hold onto yesterday. He's a big strong dude and needs to haul that one in. And as far as the money goes, it's a lot easier to accept when our QB is now not making much.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I thought the team was almost better without DK yesterday. I think there is a feeling that Geno has to get the ball to DK x amount of times per game, and especially in the endzone, and other teams know that too. With him out Geno was able to spread the ball around more and we just seemed more effective. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I was drunk (spoiler alert: I was), but that's how I felt yesterday.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saquon Barkley is having a great year too though.

Very true... but Walker is catching up to him :heh:

I think Geno gets the nod because it's been like 10 years.... nobody gave him any sort of shot this year... it's one of the big stories in the NFL at this point. Barkley... I mean everyone kind of expected him to rebound. Nobody gave Smith (including myself) a shot in hell to do what he's doing.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true... but Walker is catching up to him :heh:

I think Geno gets the nod because it's been like 10 years.... nobody gave him any sort of shot this year... it's one of the big stories in the NFL at this point. Barkley... I mean everyone kind of expected him to rebound. Nobody gave Smith (including myself) a shot in hell to do what he's doing.
Geno plays in Seattle, Saquan plays in NY.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I thought the team was almost better without DK yesterday. I think there is a feeling that Geno has to get the ball to DK x amount of times per game, and especially in the endzone, and other teams know that too. With him out Geno was able to spread the ball around more and we just seemed more effective. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I was drunk (spoiler alert: I was), but that's how I felt yesterday.
At the time we traded RW, I figured they may as well ship DK for picks too and just blow up the offense. I didn't think it made sense to have a high priced WR when you don't have a QB. I am on the verge of being wrong about the QB (maybe already there) but just imagine the draft capital we take into '23 if you pile what we could have fetched for DK on top of the picks for Russ. Like you say, I am not sure how much we would miss w/o DK right now. He's a stud and all, but I don't really think expensive WRs correlate to winning in the NFL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown friend in town so decided to hit the sports bar to catch the full game. Things that stuck out to me:
  • This season is happening just how we all drew up in Aug, right? 1st place after 7 weeks, Geno at or near the top of the passing stats, 2 ROY candidates, better record than both of the Bay teams but just a touch behind the NY teams. Yep, easy calls on all of them.
  • Is this the same defense of the first 5 games?? They're pressuring the QB, tackling pretty well, and getting off the field. Almost none of that happened in at least 4 of the first 5 weeks. Youngsters getting their legs under them?
  • KW is a franchise back. Not sure if there is something he cannot do -- almost all of it on display yesterday. His ability sitting there on a rookie contract was a great insurance policy against Penny's health and made that signing a no-brainer. Pete does like to use multiple backs, but fingers crossed for Walker's durability.
  • How about being Drew Lock right now? When the trade happened, you figured for sure you would have a great shot at coming out of camp as the QB1 in Seattle with his only hurdle being an 8 year backup. Not only did that not happen, but Geno is now playing like there's not a sliver of a chance to be replaced. And on top of that unexplainable turn of events, right now Lock would probably be in the huddle in Denver if he didn't come over in the trade.
  • Well, the shine has worn off on Tariq Woolen -- no INT this week. :) Great to see those rookie DBs making all those plays and holding up in coverage, especially against a talent like Herbert. Should be set at CB for a few more years.
  • Disappointed at the nothing that seems to be coming of Dee Eskridge. I thought for sure he was exactly what the WR corps lacked to fully execute the offense, but it appears he isn't it. That fumble yesterday was brutal and could have opened the door for the Chargers to take control of the game, just can't happen. Why was he back there as a RB anyway when he's been challenged to stay healthy and you have KW?? Do we think he needs to be Cordarrelle Patterson 2.0 to stick in the league? At least he was able to come back in the game.
Just a week ago I still thought this was no better than a 6 win team. Didn't think there was much hope to beat the Chargers, but we all saw what happened there. Getting to where continued solid play from Geno cannot be just dismissed out of hand as an anomaly or aberration. Now it's looking like he can be counted on to helm the offense with proficiency and consistency. I have no earthly idea what to expect from here now, but so far hardly anything makes sense in the NFL this year and it's making me question almost everything I thought I knew.

Good write up. I still don't think we can rely on Geno to be a crunch time QB but he's certainly show himself to be a competent above average QB at this point.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's probably true. Even in this, it's all about him gloating and claiming to be right. I don't remember his prediction that Geno would play borderline MVP like qb for nearly a half season. It's amazing how much better Smith has looked this season than he did last season, when I would've rated him around the 1992 QBs in his quality of play.

Yeah. Any actual Seahawk fan should just be thrilled that the team is playing so well. I try to be optimistic as a fan as I see no value in being always negative. So if I'm being negative it is because I feel things are going the wrong way. I LOVE when I'm wrong in those situations.

Now I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves of course. This team is STILL pretty far from being a true contender. I don't think team can beat the Eagles or a healthy Niners team. But this season is going about as well as we could possibly hope for. The Broncos might turn into a Top 5 pick if Russ can't get healthy and we could be a playoff team. That's a best of both worlds scenario.