• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers at Seahawks, 1:25PM PST

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which QB? Stroud? Levis? Richardson? None of those guys will be ready to lead a team to the superbowl in next few years.

Stroud smells like a huge bust to me, theres just nothing special about him and he has the OSU QB pedigree.

Levis and Richardson are huge risks ESPECIALLY Richardson. He should have stayed in school another year but he will probably explode at the combine, levis will too.
Which QB is up to the Seahawks brass , Pete and John. I would of loved Penix but he's not a option. Next I would take a gamble on Richardson, definitely a risk, but very high ceiling and I think with good coaching he could develop into someone very good maybe even special. Shroud would be my next choice, lower ceiling but safer than the others. Levis could work out but risky and I like Richardson better. I think that is it for that tier (obvious Young would be in it). Second tier QBs that MAY work out I'd say Tanner McKee could work out. How long tells he's off the board? Late first, early second, later? I'm sure there are others you could gamble on, but if your waiting, the ones you want could be off the board before Seahawks pick and those second tier QBs have bigger odds of working out or even to be game managers. I suppose you keep drafting second tier QBs eventually, at some point, maybe you hit on one?
Next year the roster in theory should be better than this years roster, if the Seahawks pass on a QB this year than their first pick is likely in the middle 20"s in 24. How long would it be to have a shot at a top tier QB again? Years, likely many years and by then the roster likely needs more help than the current roster.
The Seahawks absolutely should take their shot at a tier 1 QB this year. No sure QB ( would need to have the 1.01 if there was) but several good candidates and with the Seahawks having some good WRs, improved OL and decent RB and good coaching from the staff I'm confident it will work out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys - Jake Haener is going to be the best QB out of this class... 4 year starter... He's going to be ready to go as a rookie... He's a tough, gritty kid with a strong, accurate arm... You can watch him against my WSU Cougs tomorrow at 12:30pm...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys - Jake Haener is going to be the best QB out of this class... 4 year starter... He's going to be ready to go as a rookie... He's a tough, gritty kid with a strong, accurate arm... You can watch him against my WSU Cougs tomorrow at 12:30pm...
Sort of short, limited arm, good on short or medium passes.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which QB is up to the Seahawks brass , Pete and John. I would of loved Penix but he's not a option. Next I would take a gamble on Richardson, definitely a risk, but very high ceiling and I think with good coaching he could develop into someone very good maybe even special. Shroud would be my next choice, lower ceiling but safer than the others. Levis could work out but risky and I like Richardson better. I think that is it for that tier (obvious Young would be in it). Second tier QBs that MAY work out I'd say Tanner McKee could work out. How long tells he's off the board? Late first, early second, later? I'm sure there are others you could gamble on, but if your waiting, the ones you want could be off the board before Seahawks pick and those second tier QBs have bigger odds of working out or even to be game managers. I suppose you keep drafting second tier QBs eventually, at some point, maybe you hit on one?
Next year the roster in theory should be better than this years roster, if the Seahawks pass on a QB this year than their first pick is likely in the middle 20"s in 24. How long would it be to have a shot at a top tier QB again? Years, likely many years and by then the roster likely needs more help than the current roster.
The Seahawks absolutely should take their shot at a tier 1 QB this year. No sure QB ( would need to have the 1.01 if there was) but several good candidates and with the Seahawks having some good WRs, improved OL and decent RB and good coaching from the staff I'm confident it will work out.

Outside of Young, I dont see any tier 1 QBs in this draft. they all have big flaws and question marks. I like Richardson, he has looked impressive at times but is extremely raw and will need to sit for at least a year maybe two.

Looking at the draft order, I think these teams could take a QB:

1. Houston - This one is obvious
4. Detroit - This is a maybe, they might feel Goff is their guy and go defense
7. Indy - Another obvious one, they need a QB bad
9. Carolina - Also need a QB bad
10. Atlanta - This is a maybe, depends on how Ridder looks
15. Detroit - If they take DL early, they might use this one on a QB

Worst case scenario:

1. Young
4. Levis/Stroud
7. Stroud/Levis
9. Richardson