• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trades For Carmelo

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero chance geems is >18

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Their chemistry is already suspect. Melo would not improve that. He would be an upgrade, but not enough of one to beat the top teams in the East.

What exactly would be the pt in the Wizards acquiring Melo if they had to give up Porter and a pick or two? It is not as if they would be legit contenders at that time & Melo has a very small window left to contribute. The Wizards would be trading for a player who is 10 years older than Porter, makes way more money & could cause possible chemistry issues.

Much better to just stay the course, improve a little each year & then possibly make a big move or two down the road.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for a bag of Funyuns.. Throw in some Cheetos and it would be tough to say no.

But you ain't winning no ring with Melo. He's too selfish and plays no D

If the Knicks could play with 2 balls, Melo and Rose would be lethal.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that would really like to have Carmelo, but in all honesty, at what price? If you have a young nucleus of talent that is playing well, do you break it up for a 30+ guy who doesn't like to share the ball? Would the Knicks be willing to give him up for an expiring contract and a 1st round pick at 17 through 25?

I think a great example for a trade would be the Celtics. Give up the Brooklyn #1 for Anthony? Anthony might be better than anyone the Celtics might draft and having Melo would certainly improve their chances of getting beyond the second round of the playoffs. The big problem is trying to get Melo to play the Celtics style of basketball. You have to be willing to give the ball up to someone with a better shot than yours. Can Melo adapt to that style of play?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think Chicago would be a great place for him- they need the offense in a bad way. He could split his minutes between SF and PF here and there.

Washington would make sense as well.

The Knicks arent going to get more than a couple decent young players and a pick or two for him.

Like from Chicago- if it was more than Gibson, Mirotic, and a first rounder- and even that seems like a lot (not too mention the money doesnt work so there would have to be other machinations).

or like Tlance said in Washington--- Otto Porter JR. , a pick or two and then some salary ballast.

I think he helps both teams though and is a pretty good fit on both teams.

GTFO with that shit. Chicago doesn't want Melo. Why would we bring in another Rose type ballhog that plays the same position as Jimmy?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bag of
e6caeee2-b79d-4778-b96e-fd0695d2ba4c_1.4bd65d5f1a52e63e29289f05d6bd71aa.jpeg

and some

for Melo

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that would really like to have Carmelo, but in all honesty, at what price? If you have a young nucleus of talent that is playing well, do you break it up for a 30+ guy who doesn't like to share the ball? Would the Knicks be willing to give him up for an expiring contract and a 1st round pick at 17 through 25?

I think a great example for a trade would be the Celtics. Give up the Brooklyn #1 for Anthony? Anthony might be better than anyone the Celtics might draft and having Melo would certainly improve their chances of getting beyond the second round of the playoffs. The big problem is trying to get Melo to play the Celtics style of basketball. You have to be willing to give the ball up to someone with a better shot than yours. Can Melo adapt to that style of play?

NOPE. I just don't see Melo as a much of a difference maker in today's NBA. Sure he scores, but he is not efficient.

Maybe someone knows the answer to this off the top of their head (I don't) with how putrid the EAST has been, how many times has Melo gotten the knicks to the playoffs? I know, the rosters haven't been great, but certainly good enough that a guy who is thought to be as good as Melo should at least get them an 8 seed each year right? (I simply think people believe Melo is much better than he is).

I know rose and Noah are past their primes, but how does he not get this years knicks into the playoffs (maybe he still will) if he is THAT good. To me he just isn't, and hasn't really ever been the guy the media makes him out to be. He is a good scorer that makes teams worse.

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose + Melo for CPknee and Griffin.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Lakers fan, I would love to see the Celtics get Melo. The potential resultant implosion when Melo couldn't/wouldn't adapt would be delicious.

As a basketball fan (and a Lakers fan who respects the Celtics) I wouldn't want to see it because I want the Celtics and Lakers to both get back to being relevant and playing meaningful games with a shot at seeing each other in the finals (my Lakers have a lot of work to do still lol).

Adding Melo doesn't make the Celtics better than the Cavs so, imo, the risk of him ruining the good thing the Celtics have going isn't worth the potential reward of advancing 1 more round just to be eliminated by the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO with that shit. Chicago doesn't want Melo. Why would we bring in another Rose type ballhog that plays the same position as Jimmy?

So Jimmy can go to the Lakers? :noidea: