• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trades For Carmelo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, but I don't see why they couldn't change his mind.

Lmfao!!!!

You think he's waiving his no trade clause to go to Minnesota?

th

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that you illiterate hick.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that you illiterate hick.

Here's your problem, kid:

You are far to emotional.

Unless you are La la Anthony, you don't need to take this so personally.

You asked for opinions, when they differ from yours, you get huffy.

Why so mad?

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's your problem, kid:

You are far to emotional.

Unless you are La la Anthony, you don't need to take this so personally.

You asked for opinions, when they differ from yours, you get huffy.

Why so mad?

:yawn:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we honestly talking about Melo leaving NY and angering his wifey in order to go to cold ass minnesota? You must be dreaming.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he retires a Knickerbocker.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even there, I don't think it is the best fit. The Celtics would be better off saving those contracts to deal for a big like Millsap or even Cousins.
plus- i think the Knicks would have a hard time dealing Melo within the division- to Boston- unless they could get a ton--- which i dont think is there

So- as you said- first thing is to identify teams that might want him. He will be 33 before the end of the season- but i do think he has time left as a great scoring option.

In the Atlantic Division:

Boston- possibly- they do have the assets- however they do have Crowder at SF and Horford at PF already. I doubt the Knicks trade him to Boston anyway.
Nets- Dont have the assets at all. They have nothing.
Toronto- Does not seem like a guy Toronto would be intersested in- they have to resign Lowry anyway.....plus would Melo waive his no trade clause to go to Toronto? doubtful.
Philly- Philly is in a rebuild- and has plenty of front court players- and i dont see them trading for Melo- they want Embiid and Saric and Simmons to grow together and get shots- not to be Melo's pool-boys.

Central:

Cleveland: Highly doubtful- there have been Love for Melo rumors in the past- but Love is playing great and won a title- and is 28 years old and is under long term contract. Other than that they have no assets for Melo that NY would want. Does not seem to be a fit at all.
Chicago: This might be a possibility from a fit standpoint- but do they have the assets to pull it off?
Milwaukee: Melo is not waiving a no trade to go to Milwaukee and the Bucks arent going to deal for him anyway.
Indiana: Melo is not waiving a no trade to go to Indiana- plus unless they give up Turner- which they would never do- i dont see the assets matching up.
Detroit: Waive his no trade to go to Detroit?--- highly doubtful- if they put a package of Stanley Johnson and a pick and or KCP...maybe this would make a LITTLE sense- but not really.

SouthEast:
Miami- Miami was interested a couple years ago- but they seem to be on the track to rebuild- not trade for a guy who will be 33 in May. I dont think people think this is a realistic destination.
Charlotte: No way.
Orlando: No way he waives it
Washington: Ehhh.....i dont think its a great fit- but is it something each side might consider? ehh i dunno.... i dobut it but i i guess it makes more sensethen other places
Atlanta: They moved Korver, are looking to move Milsap- doesnt seem to be a fit

The West?

Pacific?
GSW- no
LAC- maybe if Griffin leaves- but i dont see how a trade would really work unless it was for those guys and i dont see why LAC would do that unless they thought Griffin was 100% gone
LAL- Jimmy Buss might do something shortsighted- but Deng would have to be part of the deal which makes it moot pretty much....i just think the Lakers iwll stick to the rebuild in all likelihood
Suns- not a fit
Kings- no way

SOUTHEWST
Dallas- rebuilding- just got Barnes who seems to be the same 3/4 type guy- no way- dont have assets anyway
Houston---- maybe....but why mess things up and bring in a ball stopper- Morey is aggresive though
Memphis- not their style at all
New Olreans- think melo waives his no trade to go to New Orleans--- maybe an intriguing fit with Davis but i just dont see it.
SAS-- no way
NORTHWEST

Denver---- trade BACK for him? - no way
Twolves: they are going young- you dont take shots from those guys and give 18 shots to Melo
Portland: Does he waive a no trade to go there? not a good fit...but who knows
Utah- no way

So--- what teams do i think are actually realistic?--- Chicago, Washington, Houston

what teams can you not automatically cross of the list- but dont really make sense?- Detroit, Portland, New Orleans, La Clippers, LA Lakers, Boston Celtics

other than those above teams- i just dont see how the situations make any sense- without even looking at assets yet.

out of those teams- who has the assets? i dunno.....Chicago seems like the only team that even halfway makes realistic sense- in that they might be able to trade a couple young guys and a pick or two.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants a score first, ball stopping, no defense playing, past his prime, overpaid player on their roster for what New York would likely want in return.

He's not getting traded unless he goes somewhere he wants to, which is probably a very short list filled with teams that don't have assets.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mine would be

1. Chicago
2. Washington
3. Houston

other than that- i just dont see teams that make sense and or have the assets.

Wow...Houston never entered my mind.

They are playing so well, you wouldn't think they'd risk it.

But, like you said, the Morey factor.

I think Melo controlling his destiny is the biggest obstacle.

He's not going to a young team in a bad weather City.

Plus, Teams on the cusp like the Clippers or Teams that are Championship material like the Cavs, are boxed in by salary cap constraints.

Those Teams pretty much have to go dollar for dollar which means the Knicks take back multiple guys.

Clippers are not trading Blake unless he says he's out.

Cavs are not trading Love for Melo....period.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mine would be

1. Chicago
2. Washington
3. Houston

other than that- i just dont see teams that make sense and or have the assets.

I could actually see the Wizards offering something like Porter + some contracts.

I don't think they should, but Porter is set to get paid soon and Melo is the superior player today. If they want to make a run this year, they may think Melo is the answer. I don't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is virtually untradeable unless the Knicks are willing to part with him for what would essentially be pennies on the dollar.

At 32 years old, he's becomes Kobe in his last 3 or so seasons, but without Kobe's resume or fan appeal. Like Kobe, Melo has become an old scorer, on a huge contract that carries a no trade clause, relies on iso ball in a league that has moved on from that style and who can't carry a team anymore.

Contenders don't want him because he would disrupt what they do with his need to play iso ball. Also, those teams tend to play defense and Melo doesn't.

Rebuilding teams don't want him because he would disrupt what they are trying to build with their youngsters. He's also unlikely to agree to a trade to that type of team because, at 32, he's going to want a chance to win.

That leaves middling level teams that are in the 6-9 range in the playoffs race hoping to add 1 more piece to improve their chances. The problem there is that the Knicks would want more than those teams could offer and still be good enough for Melo to make a difference. Basically, it would be very much like when he was traded from the Nuggets. The Knicks had to give up so much to get him that after he arrived in New York, he was left wondering: "Where'd everybody go?"

His only other value might be to a bad team with a shortsighted owner looking to put a few more butts in seats off of who Melo used to be. The problem there is, he hasn't accomplished enough in his career to put enough butts in seats to make that much of a difference and he wouldn't agree to a trade to that type of team anyway.