• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the fans aren’t making this decision. Knowledgeable professionals with the experience to set a plan and execute are. Our owner also clearly believes in analytics. They may decide that playing behind this line and for these coaches was an incomplete evaluation of Sam. The riskier course might be to draft a QB at 2. We all saw Sam at his best and at his worst. Can a competent coach get more of his best?

maybe we trade back a few slots and pick up a second and 4th. With that second, we take A QB. New England looks like they want a QB..….
This is a deep draft for OT so if the FO and new coach feel they can fix Sam , then I am apt to grab MHJ at 2 and draft O/line in round 2 and 3( one pick each unless a must have is there)

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade picks for Fields unless they were third day picks. Let the Bears bid against themselves by drafting a qb high thereby lowering Field’s value, in a similar manner ad the Niners did when they drafted Trey Lance and then Purdy while trying to get top dollar for Jimmy G.

As for what the skins should do at #2, I leave that up to you who all know more about college football than I do.

Skinsdad seems to think that the top qb’s are relatively interchangeable. Sty usually thinks somebody different than what most people think is worth more than what most people think they’re worth.

Personally, I dont think anybody can be successful behind our offensive line, so if it’s addressed in free agency and in the early part of the draft, then I dont really see any reason not to draft a guy the new front office likes.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well your standard for franchise qbs is low
I'd say of your list Dak, Hurts and Purdy qualify as franchise QBs and I don't think that's a minority opinion around the league. I never claimed you need a top QB to win the SB however history strongly suggests this will clearly improve your chances.

No to win a SB and to be contenders year after year you need a QB who is better than Goff or Alex Smith, Hurts very easily could have won it last year. Dak is a wild card with little playoff success. Is it coaching or is he Kirk Cousins? Time is running out for him to still be considered in that group of QBs who can win it all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say of your list Dak, Hurts and Purdy qualify as franchise QBs and I don't think that's a minority opinion around the league. I never claimed you need a top QB to win the SB however history strongly suggests this will clearly improve your chances.

No to win a SB and to be contenders year after year you need a QB who is better than Goff or Alex Smith, Hurts very easily could have won it last year. Dak is a wild card with little playoff success. Is it coaching or is he Kirk Cousins? Time is running out for him to still be considered in that group of QBs who can win it all.
Any of those guys put on our team and you don’t have a franchise qb period .

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of those guys put on our team and you don’t have a franchise qb period .
Probably true as it stands today. What's your point? Do you believe this will be the exact same starting offense in 2024 because I expect big changes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true as it stands today. What's your point? Do you believe this will be the exact same starting offense in 2024 because I expect big changes.
My point is you don’t need an elite qb to go to and win super bowls . Hell the redskins did it 4x

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a deep draft for OT so if the FO and new coach feel they can fix Sam , then I am apt to grab MHJ at 2 and draft O/line in round 2 and 3( one pick each unless a must have is there)

At 2, it should either be MHJ or a QB. I lean heavily toward MHJ because I think all these QBs have the opportunity to suck and all have he opportunity to succeed. I don’t see Nix being that much of a step down from Williams in risk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 2, it should either be MHJ or a QB. I lean heavily toward MHJ because I think all these QBs have the opportunity to suck and all have he opportunity to succeed. I don’t see Nix being that much of a step down from Williams in risk.
My post was in response to “ if Sam was considered the guy “ we should take qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list but I heartily disagree with Mike Webster being a wild card selection that guy was money year In year out. I also disagree that Larry Allen is not on the list he could play any position on the line and in an emergency Center if desperately needed.
But yall need QB and unless your given a kings random to move down a couple spots you pick the best QB you like and move along and don’t look back. Washington gave up 2 much for RG3 back in the day and then mismanaged his abilities and his injury which took him out way before it should have.
Hopefully the new staff will carefully pick the future QB and move forward.
I agree, that this list needs to be expanded, but since this is the best one of the few that I found... well, it's a good list and serves the purpose.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is you don’t need an elite qb to go to and win super bowls . Hell the redskins did it 4x
Fun fact: Washington made all 4 of its SB appearances before the league implemented the salary cap!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early days of free agency before the cap provide the Redskins too very good to great receives in Gary Clark and Ricky Sander which was way ahead of league wide FA ... thank you Bobby Bethard.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: Washington made all 4 of its SB appearances before the league implemented the salary cap!
My Cowboys the same now they did have plan B in place but that was nothing Like true FA and the salary cap.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems logical to me too, especially if none of the qbs has established themselves as better than the rest of the pack (or at least its up to debate).

If the same can be said about the left tackles too, then Marvin Harrison’s son should be the guy to target, especially because of pedigree and the possibility that he is a generational talent.

If the skins draft him though, they sure as shit need to invest heavily in an oline and count on running 3 wr sets as a base look, bc Scary Terry as a #2 is a matchup nightmare as long as the qb has time to get him the ball.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems logical to me too, especially if none of the qbs has established themselves as better than the rest of the pack (or at least its up to debate).

If the same can be said about the left tackles too, then Marvin Harrison’s son should be the guy to target, especially because of pedigree and the possibility that he is a generational talent.

If the skins draft him though, they sure as shit need to invest heavily in an oline and count on running 3 wr sets as a base look, bc Scary Terry as a #2 is a matchup nightmare as long as the qb has time to get him the ball.
the only viable option at qb if you pass on one early is sam howell . cam ward could be in the mix

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not this argument again, we've beaten this to death. Sure it's true that you don't need an elite QB to win the SB however history has shown it's by far the best path. Most SBs have been won by elite QBs by a large margin, when you consider how many elite QBs are in the league at any given time (a handful?) yet they win far more rings than the other 26 teams every year that do not have one well that's pretty good evidence.

But again I never once claimed you need an elite QB. I clearly said I believe Hurts, while not elite, is capable. I'm just saying a middle of the pack QB makes it just so much harder, it has rarely been done and none of those teams came close to repeating. What you conveniently forget when we discuss this is first off Gibbs teams were generations ago, the game is much more dependent on the QB today. Next you continue to ignore that Theisman was a franchise QB and league MVP, he was elite. And Doug and more so Rypien PLAYED like elite franchise QBs in those playoffs. Once Ryp returned to who he really is the team never got close again. As I continue to say it's very very difficult to be a contender year after year without a franchise QB and history has proven this.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only viable option at qb if you pass on one early is sam howell . cam ward could be in the mix

What about any of the other guys in the second? Nix, etc?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this argument again, we've beaten this to death. Sure it's true that you don't need an elite QB to win the SB however history has shown it's by far the best path. Most SBs have been won by elite QBs by a large margin, when you consider how many elite QBs are in the league at any given time (a handful?) yet they win far more rings than the other 26 teams every year that do not have one well that's pretty good evidence.

But again I never once claimed you need an elite QB. I clearly said I believe Hurts, while not elite, is capable. I'm just saying a middle of the pack QB makes it just so much harder, it has rarely been done and none of those teams came close to repeating. What you conveniently forget when we discuss this is first off Gibbs teams were generations ago, the game is much more dependent on the QB today. Next you continue to ignore that Theisman was a franchise QB and league MVP, he was elite. And Doug and more so Rypien PLAYED like elite franchise QBs in those playoffs. Once Ryp returned to who he really is the team never got close again. As I continue to say it's very very difficult to be a contender year after year without a franchise QB and history has proven this.
LT at 2 or 3 would be terrible value, there is no Trent Williams in this draft. How many games did Washington win with Trent Williams, Scherff and Moses on the OL? No. t too many because you don't win with an OL and an average QB,

That was you commenting in this thread , so you brought the debate up again and I retorted