• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trades For Carmelo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'everyone disagrees with me, who is everyone?

1st off, wiggy is the only one on here who properly articulates the problems with the knicks imo..
2nd, blaming melo is just stupid, it is not his job to make other players play better, its the coaches job to make sure he gets the best out of what the player has to offer, these guys played well for the other teams they played for, so why do the SUCK now all of a sudden? answer is simple, cause they play for the knicks, a terrible organization!

You are correct. It is not Melo's job to make other players better because he is just a good scorer, not an elite player. You are also correct about he Knicks being a terrible organization.

The best players make their teammates better because they put them in favorable situations after drawing the attention of the defense. Melo has never been able to do that even when he was an elite scorer.

But, you are trying to value him as an elite player.

Guess what? Elite players make their teammates better. Melo was overrated in his prime and he is not a desireable trade asset now because he is and always has been one dimensional.

So blame the coach all you want, but Karl, D'Antoni, Fisher and everyone else who has coached Melo in the NBA have gotten the same results. Now he is not even the player he was in his prime.

I do not think it is all on Melo. Like I have said before, the decision makers in the organization deserve most of the blame. You are literally pointing the finger at the one guy who deserves the least. It ain't Hornacek's fault. This franchise has been broken for a long time now.

The problem on the court is not a matter of talent, it is a matter of awful fit. Melo, Rose, and Jennings are all players who need the ball in their hands and are all much less effective than they were in their primes. Meanwhile, KP, who is legitimately good does not get the ball in the best situations because those other 3 hog it so much.

As far as getting the best out of the players, I am not sure what you expect from Rose and Melo. They are playing like they always have, they are just older and not as good.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When everyone disagrees with you, that means you are wrong.

By the way, Kenny Smith, Shaw and Barkley were talking about Melo last night and all said the same things. He does not make guys around him better and he is not as efficient as he once was.

But, clearly they know nothing about basketball and must have never played at a high level.

It is interesting to note that for the first 6-7 years in the NBA that MJ was viewed as selfish ... and "he doesn't make the players around him better like Magic or Bird do -- he won't win NBA championships." (I was around then -- remember it very clearly.)

I believe what Phil Jackson wrote in his book that he eventually convinced MJ that only way he'd be a championship player was to "really trust" his teammates. Horace Grant had the reputation of bad hands his first few years in the NBA. Phil told Micheal he had to trust him to catch the ball and make the shot. He had to give it to him over & over and eventually Grant would respond.

Melo is beyond changing .. but it is interesting to reflect on the GOAT and how he was viewed throughout his career.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. It is not Melo's job to make other players better because he is just a good scorer, not an elite player. You are also correct about he Knicks being a terrible organization.

The best players make their teammates better because they put them in favorable situations after drawing the attention of the defense. Melo has never been able to do that even when he was an elite scorer.

But, you are trying to value him as an elite player.

Guess what? Elite players make their teammates better. Melo was overrated in his prime and he is not a desireable trade asset now because he is and always has been one dimensional.

So blame the coach all you want, but Karl, D'Antoni, Fisher and everyone else who has coached Melo in the NBA have gotten the same results. Now he is not even the player he was in his prime.

I do not think it is all on Melo. Like I have said before, the decision makers in the organization deserve most of the blame. You are literally pointing the finger at the one guy who deserves the least. It ain't Hornacek's fault. This franchise has been broken for a long time now.

The problem on the court is not a matter of talent, it is a matter of awful fit. Melo, Rose, and Jennings are all players who need the ball in their hands and are all much less effective than they were in their primes. Meanwhile, KP, who is legitimately good does not get the ball in the best situations because those other 3 hog it so much.

As far as getting the best out of the players, I am not sure what you expect from Rose and Melo. They are playing like they always have, they are just older and not as good.

good post...

Melo, he annoys the crap out of me sometimes, but no matter what YOU feel about him, he is def. looked upon by his peers as an elite player. IMO he has had no support as a knick, coach or players, he tries to do too much at times and is not wise enough to know how to do it!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Knicks throw in a 1st.

I did just think of a nice trade for Carmelo. I would trade Carmelo for absolutely anything I could get and a good bye. With his salary gone, the Knicks could start rebuilding by getting a couple nice first round draft picks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did just think of a nice trade for Carmelo. I would trade Carmelo for absolutely anything I could get and a good bye. With his salary gone, the Knicks could start rebuilding by getting a couple nice first round draft picks.

It's sad but they took a weird shot and it failed. Really have to blow it up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the OP still yelling at people for how terrible their trade ideas are for Melo?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the OP still yelling at people for how terrible their trade ideas are for Melo?
Not sure, but New York has already told the Los Angeles Clippers that they would not have to get Griffin, Chris Paul or Andre Jordan for Carmelo Anthony - in short they are willing to take less. The Knicks because of the new CBA is not allowed to trade Dereck Rose for any player and the Cavaliers have already turned down a trade of Kevin Love for Carmelo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have too many young players at once they need a more polished player.
They might want a couple of veterans to teach the rookies, but they already getting better and past that.

NEXT

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want names of players that any competent GM would value higher than Melo?

Here is a start: (in no particular order)

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Paul
Lillard
Davis
KAT
Cousins
Giannis
Klay
Draymond
Irving
Love (you would have had a shot here last year, not now)
McCollum
IT3
DeRozan
Lowry
George
Butler
Myles Turner
Jabari Parker
Wall
Porzingis (I know he is a Knick too)
Booker
Bledsoe
Russell
Ingram
Randle (Lakers are not better, but they are not trading these guys for melo)
Wiggins
LaVine
Jokic
M. Gasol
Conley
Leonard
Aldridge
Hayward
Gobert
Favors
Drummond
Whiteside
K. Walker
Embiid
Simmons
Saric (not better, but why this trade)
A. Bradley
Griffin
D. Jordan

That is just off the top of my head and does not count guys like Millsap and Horford who are about as good as Melo now. There are probably more guys I am missing. That is 49.
LOL in another thread - some one from the Knicks called Dereck Rose a STUD

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but New York has already told the Los Angeles Clippers that they would not have to get Griffin, Chris Paul or Andre Jordan for Carmelo Anthony - in short they are willing to take less. The Knicks because of the new CBA is not allowed to trade Dereck Rose for any player and the Cavaliers have already turned down a trade of Kevin Love for Carmelo.

Actually it is that they CAN'T trade Griffin for Melo.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at the Knicks and Melo. Melo for K Love DENIED. Celtics not interested. Knicks willing to part w/him w/out getting CP3, Jordan or Blake in return, well no shit, why the hell would LAC do that?

Maybe the Knicks will get rid of him for Jordan Crawford and Austin Rivers. lmao.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they are willing to trade him to the Clips for someone other than those 3 than they are admitting they are just dumping him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are willing to trade him to the Clips for someone other than those 3 than they are admitting they are just dumping him.
I'm not sure which is more ridiculous in saying Carmelo for Griffin or CP3 or calling Rose a Stud. Good player when healthy but barely 18 points and 3 rebounds is not stud material

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that is what the trade is going to ultimately be- is a dump.

I mean- he has a full no trade clause- he isnt going anywhere he doesnt want to go.

beseides the CLippers and Cavs- where else would he even accept going?

I cant see the Spurs or Warriors wanting him in the slightest.

After that what teams would/could make a deal for him that he would accept?

MAYBE Houston or Chicago or Washington????

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that is what the trade is going to ultimately be- is a dump.

I mean- he has a full no trade clause- he isnt going anywhere he doesnt want to go.

beseides the CLippers and Cavs- where else would he even accept going?

I cant see the Spurs or Warriors wanting him in the slightest.

After that what teams would/could make a deal for him that he would accept?

MAYBE Houston or Chicago or Washington????

OKC could use him but they couldn't take the salary. NY is probably stuck.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he committed himself to the game, no one can stop him, end of story!
if he committed himself to the game, he would end up on the DL before the season ended

Now it's the end of story. And his rebounds, assists and defensive play is weak

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to note that for the first 6-7 years in the NBA that MJ was viewed as selfish ... and "he doesn't make the players around him better like Magic or Bird do -- he won't win NBA championships." (I was around then -- remember it very clearly.)

I believe what Phil Jackson wrote in his book that he eventually convinced MJ that only way he'd be a championship player was to "really trust" his teammates. Horace Grant had the reputation of bad hands his first few years in the NBA. Phil told Micheal he had to trust him to catch the ball and make the shot. He had to give it to him over & over and eventually Grant would respond.

Melo is beyond changing .. but it is interesting to reflect on the GOAT and how he was viewed throughout his career.
He can be a good player and was a pretty good player in Denver. In fact I thought he played pretty well in Denver with Ray Allen, but his game has went down. The Knicks fan stated that if Carmelo committed himself to the game, he would be unstoppable - If that is true, then you still have a problem with a player that has a problem in the head.