• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trades For Carmelo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we getting for Jimmy? I highly doubt they let our franchise player go to the Lakers.

As much as I would love to see Jimmy on the Lakers (he's one of my favorite players), the Bulls would be crazy to let him go anywhere.

I think they need to get rid of D-Wade, Lopez and Rondo and build around Butler, Taj and MCW.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love to see Jimmy on the Lakers (he's one of my favorite players), the Bulls would be crazy to let him go anywhere.

I think they need to get rid of D-Wade, Lopez and Rondo and build around Butler, Taj and MCW.

D Wade is there for leadership and to end his career where it all started as a kid. Rondo was an experiment. Lopez hasn't been bad. They've lacked direction and defense since Hoiberg arrived. I do like MCW's game and Taj has always been good for a double double if he gets the shots.

How in the hell do you lose to the Mavs in Chicago last night? Wade goes 8 for 21 last night. Jimmy had like 12 shots last night. :L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Wade is there for leadership and to end his career where it all started as a kid. Rondo was an experiment. Lopez hasn't been bad. They've lacked direction and defense since Hoiberg arrived. I do like MCW's game and Taj has always been good for a double double if he gets the shots.

How in the hell do you lose to the Mavs in Chicago last night? Wade goes 8 for 21 last night. Jimmy had like 12 shots last night. :L

Would you be against Taj, Nico, Mcbuckets or Valentine for Melo?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell do you lose to the Mavs in Chicago last night? Wade goes 8 for 21 last night. Jimmy had like 12 shots last night.

I think you answered your own question.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. A bag of Cheetos and Funyuns is about all Melo is worth. He's another cancer like Rose turned into.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Add Melo to D-Wade and Rondo? Maybe they could coax Kobe out of retirement and become Jimmy and the Geriatrics?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly would be the pt in the Wizards acquiring Melo if they had to give up Porter and a pick or two? It is not as if they would be legit contenders at that time & Melo has a very small window left to contribute. The Wizards would be trading for a player who is 10 years older than Porter, makes way more money & could cause possible chemistry issues.

Much better to just stay the course, improve a little each year & then possibly make a big move or two down the road.

I agree completely.

I just said it is the type of short sighted move the franchise has repeatedly made in the past.

Rip Hamilton for Stackhouse
Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland
Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond

To name a few of the bigger ones.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing the Knicks could do is get a role player (or players) and a high draft pick for him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely.

I just said it is the type of short sighted move the franchise has repeatedly made in the past.

Rip Hamilton for Stackhouse
Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland
Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond

To name a few of the bigger ones.

No doubt. The moves you mention were for Unseld. The moves/non-moves & draft picks for Grunfeld may be worse. Remind me again why this guy is still their GM.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about all three plumlee brothers for Melo? Each team with a plumlee can have melo for 25 games during the regular season, and melo gets 7 games off.

Playoffs might get tricky, but we can work out the logistics on that.

I like a plumlees, porzingis, ron baker lineup for the knicks.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought, that might be too much value to give up for melo.

sarcasm.

but really.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not Melo is getting old.....I was shocked to see that he has been with NY almost as long as he was with the Denver....I feel like he just got to NY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The moves you mention were for Unseld. The moves/non-moves & draft picks for Grunfeld may be worse. Remind me again why this guy is still their GM.
the fact that they have not been able to bolster the roster more than they have is pretty weak.

Wall is an all star level guy.

Beale, Gortat, Porter is just a very very crappy supporting cast considering the picks they have had, the cap space etc.

its been years now and they cant add in anything more than Wall/Beale/Gortat/Porter......that 4 some is not going ANYWHERE- even in the East.

why cant they get involved in deals? dont tell me they could have gotten Korver, or couldnt get a PJ Tucker or even a better type guy. Get aggressive.

Get Wall an actual athlete in the pick and roll instead of a mediocre nobody like Gortat.....i dunno. They just seem like if they dont do something soon- Wall isnt gonna put up with the Wizards front office being totally and compltely inept for too much longer.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you WOW, educated i would say, but obviously NEVER played a sport at a high level, good gosh!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. A bag of Cheetos and Funyuns is about all Melo is worth. He's another cancer like Rose turned into.
What the Hell? I said I would give up a bag of barbecue potato chips and got told plain and stale was the most He's worth

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you WOW, educated i would say, but obviously NEVER played a sport at a high level, good gosh!!!!

When everyone disagrees with you, that means you are wrong.

By the way, Kenny Smith, Shaw and Barkley were talking about Melo last night and all said the same things. He does not make guys around him better and he is not as efficient as he once was.

But, clearly they know nothing about basketball and must have never played at a high level.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When everyone disagrees with you, that means you are wrong.

By the way, Kenny Smith, Shaw and Barkley were talking about Melo last night and all said the same things. He does not make guys around him better and he is not as efficient as he once was.

But, clearly they know nothing about basketball and must have never played at a high level.

'everyone disagrees with me, who is everyone?

1st off, wiggy is the only one on here who properly articulates the problems with the knicks imo..
2nd, blaming melo is just stupid, it is not his job to make other players play better, its the coaches job to make sure he gets the best out of what the player has to offer, these guys played well for the other teams they played for, so why do the SUCK now all of a sudden? answer is simple, cause they play for the knicks, a terrible organization!

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo for Griffin
Why in the hell would the Clippers want a 32 (33 in May) year old player? Carmelo might have 2 good years left. The Clippers need to get younger, not older.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Add Melo to D-Wade and Rondo? Maybe they could coax Kobe out of retirement and become Jimmy and the Geriatrics?
D-Wade and Rondo are about ready to join me in the Nursing Home and Carmelo is not far behind.