• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trades For Carmelo

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he committed himself to the game, he would end up on the DL before the season ended

Now it's the end of story. And his rebounds, assists and defensive play is weak

stop making excuses for these talented morons! he got here by playing HIS game, now he is playing the agents game!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop making excuses for these talented morons! he got here by playing HIS game, now he is playing the agents game!
You're the defending DR and for the record I agree that he is a good player, but his defense is weak. He has very few rebounds or assists and no blocks and he has a long history of injuries. I think Phil Jackson knew he was taking a chance and was hoping that Carmelo and Rose would play together really good, but The knicks would be better trying to get another first round draft pick.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure there are many realistic trades for Carmelo, based on his play and his salary...The Knicks will have to take a HUGE loss(talent and/or salary cap) in the trade and I'm not sure they could afford it, even with a salary cap increase coming...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the defending DR and for the record I agree that he is a good player, but his defense is weak. He has very few rebounds or assists and no blocks and he has a long history of injuries. I think Phil Jackson knew he was taking a chance and was hoping that Carmelo and Rose would play together really good, but The knicks would be better trying to get another first round draft pick.

i will not watch this team play on a consistent basis, because of how poorly managed it is. The few times i have seen Rose play, in some of those games he was unstoppable, he is what 28. Yes, he throws his body around because of some of the INCREDIBLE moves he makes, which makes him injury prone, but that is his style! I don't really know what your point is, but I'm stickin to the fact that if hornysuk earned their respect, ALL players would perform on a more consistent basis! and on a side note, jennings, any and eveytime this knucklehead tries to put on a juggling act with the ball to get a rise out of the fans, i would attach electrodes to his uni and zap the stupitt Mo Fo, then he will have a real reason to look whacked out!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will not watch this team play on a consistent basis, because of how poorly managed it is. The few times i have seen Rose play, in some of those games he was unstoppable, he is what 28. Yes, he throws his body around because of some of the INCREDIBLE moves he makes, which makes him injury prone, but that is his style! I don't really know what your point is, but I'm stickin to the fact that if hornysuk earned their respect, ALL players would perform on a more consistent basis! and on a side note, jennings, any and eveytime this knucklehead tries to put on a juggling act with the ball to get a rise out of the fans, i would attach electrodes to his uni and zap the stupitt Mo Fo, then he will have a real reason to look whacked out!

When D Rose was MVP, he was the most explosive player in the NBA. He was Russell Westbrook before Russell westbrook.

I watched Rose play in high school against a really good team. Rose got a long defensive rebound at the FT line in stride, immediately hit top speed and got to the other end and dunked the ball in 2 dribbles. There was a defender back at half court who turned to run when Rose caught the ball and Rose still beat him to the rim. I have never seen anybody go the length of the floor with the ball as quickly as Rose.

He is not that guy any more. Still explosive, yes, but he used to be a dominant athlete. His skills were never what made him great and his athleticsIsm is no longer dominant. He is more or less a league average point guard.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When D Rose was MVP, he was the most explosive player in the NBA. He was Russell Westbrook before Russell westbrook.

I watched Rose play in high school against a really good team. Rose got a long defensive rebound at the FT line in stride, immediately hit top speed and got to the other end and dunked the ball in 2 dribbles. There was a defender back at half court who turned to run when Rose caught the ball and Rose still beat him to the rim. I have never seen anybody go the length of the floor with the ball as quickly as Rose.

He is not that guy any more. Still explosive, yes, but he used to be a dominant athlete. His skills were never what made him great and his athleticsIsm is no longer dominant. He is more or less a league average point guard.

hate to say it, but he needs a reason now to show that explosiveness consistently, and thats where a coach has to be involved! 'he is no longer dominant ' an avg pt guard, MAN!!!!! see, if i were coach thats what i would say to him in da face, and YEP , i bet you this kid would show that explosiveness nitely! thats how we were motivated! Today, how do they motivate these kids, by letting them wear there 300 dollar head phones pre game???? BS in da face!!! you play for me!!!!! not the crowd!!!!!!! GET ON THE LINE SON!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it, but he needs a reason now to show that explosiveness consistently, and thats where a coach has to be involved! 'he is no longer dominant ' an avg pt guard, MAN!!!!! see, if i were coach thats what i would say to him in da face, and YEP , i bet you this kid would show that explosiveness nitely! thats how we were motivated! Today, how do they motivate these kids, by letting them wear there 300 dollar head phones pre game???? BS in da face!!! you play for me!!!!! not the crowd!!!!!!! GET ON THE LINE SON!!!!

He is not that player anymore because he is no longer among the best athletes in the NBA. Injuries have slowed him tremendously.

He is still fast and explosive, but not like he was back in the day. It has nothing to do with motivation.

Old school coaching just doesn't work in today's NBA. You would not last 5 minutes with that approach.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' you would not last 5 minutes... i betcha it makes a comeback, because they, meaning the players, are ruining the game, in turn the fans will get fed up with the nonsense and will stop paying these exorbitant tickets prices and memorabilia....and if you don't see it happening already with them, meaning owners, going more with drafting the euro players, then you are not payin close attention

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' you would not last 5 minutes... i betcha it makes a comeback, because they, meaning the players, are ruining the game, in turn the fans will get fed up with the nonsense and will stop paying these exorbitant tickets prices and memorabilia....and if you don't see it happening already with them, meaning owners, going more with drafting the euro players, then you are not payin close attention

Ok buddy.

The difference between you and me is that I know what I don't know. You are correct. I do not have the resume to be an NBA coach.

If you were familiar with the latest research though, you would know that the type of coaching you are talking about is actually proven not to be the best way. There have been qute a few "my way or the highway" NBA coaches over the past few years and none have been successful. The most successful coaches today, Popovich, Kerr, Lue, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Rivers etc. have high expectations of their guys, but they also realize that it is a partnership, not a dictatorship.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were familiar with the latest research though, you would know that the type of coaching you are talking about is actually proven not to be the best way.

Da hell are you talkin' about? It worked great for Byron and the Lakers last year. :lol:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok buddy.

The difference between you and me is that I know what I don't know. You are correct. I do not have the resume to be an NBA coach.

If you were familiar with the latest research though, you would know that the type of coaching you are talking about is actually proven not to be the best way. There have been qute a few "my way or the highway" NBA coaches over the past few years and none have been successful. The most successful coaches today, Popovich, Kerr, Lue, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Rivers etc. have high expectations of their guys, but they also realize that it is a partnership, not a dictatorship.

i believe anyone can coach in the NBA right now, all you need to do is sit and watch!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apply some common sense for goodness sakes, this is a profession like anything else, if you don't have someone in charge who is in control, many things will go wrong .. you guys seem to think because these guys are professional athletes, that some of them may not be disgruntled, may just not give a schitt because of the system, case & point Rose, and the triangle offense, and his disappearance act!

It always starts at the top and filters down, the knicks organization which should be the beacon of bball, is the joke of the NBA, i cannot believe the league is not on them!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe anyone can coach in the NBA right now, all you need to do is sit and watch!

So does that mean you could coach the Knicks next year to a 50 win season?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apply some common sense for goodness sakes, this is a profession like anything else, if you don't have someone in charge who is in control, many things will go wrong .. you guys seem to think because these guys are professional athletes, that some of them may not be disgruntled, may just not give a schitt because of the system, case & point Rose, and the triangle offense, and his disappearance act!

It always starts at the top and filters down, the knicks organization which should be the beacon of bball, is the joke of the NBA, i cannot believe the league is not on them!!

You are correct that it starts at the top, just incorrect in putting the coach there. Here are the pieces your franchisee needs to win a ring in the NBA (in order of importance).

1. Strong organization- front office/ownership- Jerry Krause once took a lot of heat for saying that organizations win championships, but he was right. Of course you need great players too, but it is the front office that is in charge of putting the right pieces together. Jordan would not have won anything without his truly great supporting cast.

2. Great players- you can't win without at least one star (today you might need 2 or 3).

3. Above average coach- this is far less important than the other two. Spoelstra, Lue and Kerr are nothing special. They are merely solid coaches who work for top tier organizations that assembled championship rosters.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that it starts at the top, just incorrect in putting the coach there. Here are the pieces your franchisee needs to win a ring in the NBA (in order of importance).

1. Strong organization- front office/ownership- Jerry Krause once took a lot of heat for saying that organizations win championships, but he was right. Of course you need great players too, but it is the front office that is in charge of putting the right pieces together. Jordan would not have won anything without his truly great supporting cast.

2. Great players- you can't win without at least one star (today you might need 2 or 3).

3. Above average coach- this is far less important than the other two. Spoelstra, Lue and Kerr are nothing special. They are merely solid coaches who work for top tier organizations that assembled championship rosters.

'MJ would have not one anything without his truly great supporting cast.

That is the most ridiculous statement in the history of sports message board history! you sir, have lost your set of steak knives!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean you could coach the Knicks next year to a 50 win season?

this team, absolutely!!!! if they want their pay checks, you're dam right!!! i guess you need more proof of how f'ed up things are every where, and whats being done about it! . Look what the US, US, put in office...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'MJ would have not one anything without his truly great supporting cast.

That is the most ridiculous statement in the history of sports message board history! you sir, have lost your set of steak knives!

How many titles did he win without them?